Clairol Natural Instincts......

hondahoney007

Has anyone tried this hair color product? I think its like a rinse. Its says theres no ammonia, a little peroxide, pure aloe, chamomile & ginseng. Rinses out in 28 shampoos and covers gray. I'm thinking about trying the new shade "double expresso"-dark bronze brown. Safe for use on colored, permed and relaxed hair. If anybody can give me some feedback I would appreciate it. TIA

Hi. I had a thread about this color last week. I'll bump it up for ya!.....

edited to add: I see that you want to try the Double Espresso color. Even though I used the Midnight color, this brand has real staying power and that's not what I was looking for at the time. .......

*I was just in the middle of searching the archived threads via the search engine when I found your post lol.* During my search just now, I see that many ladies found black rinses to last a loooong time. I was LOOKING for a rinse that had zero peroxide and zero amonia......but the more I think about it, perhaps, that would just wash out TOO fast. I figure, every time I lighten my hair, I'm disappointed with the outcome. Lightened eyebrows looks best with lightened hair and that was too time consuming and risky for me. Black hair might just be the best for me after all.

Fast Forward:....I might just go back to this color.

Last edited:
Hi! First of all, I love using Natural Instincts in Chestnut Brown 28B. I've tried the Nutmeg color in the past, and it was too dark for my hair color. I love the Chestnut color because the highlights are so cool. And yes, it does last longer than 24 shampoos. Now that I've switched to a permanent color, maybe I'll go back to this to really freshen up my present color, and give it more shine.

BC

PrincessAvaya said:
Is it damaging? Does it make the hair feel and look dry and frizzy? Thanks!

I tried this brand (forgot the color - it was the darkest one they had I believe) and it lasted about 4-6 weeks. My hair is growing pretty fast recently and the color just isn't lasting long enough.

But, back to your question. :)

I don't think it's damaging, at least not for me. It did dry my hair out a little bit (but all colors do that on my hair). I just slapped a whole lot of con on it and it was fine. I also washed it again 2 days later and applied a deep con for about an hour and my hair looked fantastic!

The color looked better than some of the colors that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply (is that the right name???) :)

Bump.. Anyone lose still use this brand.. I'm considering but need reviews on relaxed hair

Bump.. Anyone lose still use this brand.. I'm considering but need reviews on relaxed hair

I used it on my texlaxed hair and I use it now that I am natural. Vibrant color, non-drying and long lasting for it not to be permanent. I used the black color. Not sure about the results if you want to go lighter.

Back