Chelating Shampoo

winona

What have your experience with chelating shampoo? Do you use it because you have hard water in your area? What is your favorite chelating shampoo to use? How long does it take before you hair is back to BUTTAH after using this shampoo? Thank you ladies

I just read more information (Thanks Traycee) about the difference between chelating and clarifying shampoo and it really has me wondering. I have a shower filter but sometimes I still need to get rid of those mineral deposits that were able to escape

I use the JOICO chelating shampoo that Traycee talked about; but i use mine every 2 months or so cause i frequently do an ACV rinse. I'll be honest; i absolutely hate how my hair feels when i use it and i leave it in for max 1 minute; it makes it feel too stripped for my liking. I tend to follow up with herbal essences hello hydration or long term relationship conditioner and leave it in for a couple of hours. I usually have to moisturise my hair for a few days before it gets back to feeling just how i like it. Or maybe my conditioner is not moisturising enough for the process.

I have hard water and I prefer to use a mild chelating shampoo frequently as opposed to a stong one every few weeks. I find that my hair feels softer this way because I keep the buildup to a minimum. I've tried quite a few,my favorite it ORS Creamy Aloe. I use it almost every wash.

I don't have hard water but I use a chelating shampoo because of the calcium deposits from my no-lye relaxer. I use Mizani Phormula-7 Chelating and Neutralizing Shampoo, right after my relaxer, the week after my relaxer and then once a month until my next relaxer. When I use it, I usually follow up with my moisturizing shampoo and then DC. HTH!

I use Kenra Clarifying Shampoo (the chelating formula) when I don't get a chance to boil my water & I like it b/c my hair doesn't feel "battered" after I've used it.

I use the JOICO chelating shampoo that Traycee talked about; but i use mine every 2 months or so cause i frequently do an ACV rinse. I'll be honest; i absolutely hate how my hair feels when i use it and i leave it in for max 1 minute; it makes it feel too stripped for my liking. I tend to follow up with herbal essences hello hydration or long term relationship conditioner and leave it in for a couple of hours. I usually have to moisturise my hair for a few days before it gets back to feeling just how i like it. Or maybe my conditioner is not moisturising enough for the process.

I agree your hair will feel kinda of stripped... It removes all deposits from your hair... That squeky clean feeling is weird to feel on your hair...But I always follow up with a intense moisturizing treatment .. My deep conditioners work 20x better after Chelating so does my moisturizers

I agree your hair will feel kinda of stripped... It removes all deposits from your hair... That squeky clean feeling is weird to feel on your hair...But I always follow up with a intense moisturizing treatment .. My deep conditioners work 20x better after Chelating so does my moisturizers

Thanks Traycee; i think i'll look for a more intense moisturising conditioner to use after chelating as my herbal essences doesn't do much :).

I'm thinking of purchasing the L'anza chelating poo. Its all natural and can be used frequently.
lanza-swim-sun-daily-chelating-shampoo-six-eight-ounce-278x278.jpg

Product Benefits

• DAILY AND YEAR-ROUND USE: First chelating shampoo gentle enough for daily & year-round use.
  • CHELATES: Natural rice chelator attaches itself to minerals, metals and toxins rendering them harmless.
  • SULFATE AND EDTA-FREE: Extra gentle cleansing and chelating for hair that has been over-exposed to daily UV rays, heat and chemicals.
  • ONLY NATURAL CHELATORS: A rice-derived chelator is more gentle & effective at removing unwanted metals & minerals than synthetic EDTA.
  • HAIR PROTECTION FACTOR (HPF) 30: Formulated to guard against all 30 factors that cause dry, brittle hair.
  • REMOVES CHLORINE: Purifies hair from pool and chlorinated household water.
  • REMOVES METALS & EXCESSIVE MINERAL BUILD-UP: Purifies hair from well and hard water.
  • ELIMINATES “SWIMMER’S GREEN” HAIR: Removes discoloration from pool water.
  • ELIMINATES “WELL WATER ORANGE” HAIR: Removes discoloration from iron-rich well water.
  • PRESERVES HAIRCOLOR: L’ANZA’s exclusive KB2 healing action helps haircolor remain truer, longer.
Directions on Usage

Apply to damp hair and lather thoroughly. After 2 minutes, rinse out completely and follow with Daily Hydrating Conditioner.
Key Ingredients

• KERATIN BOND SYSTEM 2™: Exclusive healing system consists of Keratin Amino Acids, Meadowfoam Flower Seed Complex and Moisture Retain Complex to renew hair from within to create health, softness and shine.
  • PHYTIC ACID: Natural chelating agent derived from rice that incapacitates unwanted minerals and heavy metals, including copper and iron that cause hair discoloration. Gentler and more effective than synthetic EDTA.
  • ACTIVE VITAMIN C COMPLEX: Biologically enhanced active form of Vitamin C combined with silicon for faster delivery into the hair to fully neutralize chlorine.
  • ANTI-POLLUTION COMPLEX: Unique ingredient combination that chelates and forms a protective barrier to neutralize harmful pollution and ozone.
  • WATER-REPELLING COMPLEX: Microscopic particles of silicone penetrate into the hair to force excess water out, repelling damaging elements from entering the hair structure. Helps reduce hair’s drying time.
  • CACTUS FLOWER EXTRACT: Natural thermal barrier protects the hair from intense heat.
  • SEAWEED: A protective barrier from water pollutants. Provides moisture & softness.
  • KUKUI NUT OIL: Deep penetrating emollient rich in essential fatty acids (EFA's). Delivers soothing protection and hydration.

http://www.lanza.com/products/displ...loc=show&headTitle= - Daily Chelating Shampoo

Has anyone used it?

THANK YOU Ladies for answering my call :) I tried the Joico but my hair felt alittle tooo stripped even though I coated my strand with oil so I returned it and will try the Kenra next time I feel a need.

I have hard water so I use Kenra clarifying shampoo (its a chelating shampoo). I use it once a month and right before I use Aphogee 2 step. My hair feels fine after a DC.

I use the Mizhani chelating shampoo and follow-up with Design Essentials moisturizing shampoo and a DC so my hair feels soft again.

Back