calling all natural 4a/b henna users!!!!!!!!!!

VinDieselsWifey

hey

for those that have used it for a while, does it really change the texture of your hair, like going from a 4a/b to a 3b/c, or does it just detangle really well?

also, what kind of henna do you use? is the pure neutral henna like Hennajoy talks about, or is it the hennalucent?

did you use it straight or mix other things in it?

how long did it take to see results and how often can you use it?

i'm very curious about this product. i've been natural for six years, but some days, i just can't take it any more!! i'm trying to stay away from the chemicals, but my hair is soooo thick and time consuming!! i really like curly hair, so i doubt if i go back to the relaxer, but sometimes i think about trying a texturizer or something.

please help!!!

VinDieselsWifey said:
hey

for those that have used it for a while, does it really change the texture of your hair, like going from a 4a/b to a 3b/c, or does it just detangle really well?

also, what kind of henna do you use? is the pure neutral henna like Hennajoy talks about, or is it the hennalucent?

did you use it straight or mix other things in it?

how long did it take to see results and how often can you use it?

i'm very curious about this product. i've been natural for six years, but some days, i just can't take it any more!! i'm trying to stay away from the chemicals, but my hair is soooo thick and time consuming!! i really like curly hair, so i doubt if i go back to the relaxer, but sometimes i think about trying a texturizer or something.

please help!!!

I have used the hennalucent product once. I really wasn't that impressed, and never used it again. I do know that if you have had any chemical color, that you don't want to use pure henna. Most vendors will say something about that on the packaging. I know a chick that I used to work w/ that was a natural trying to loosen her texture over time that had a permanent color in her hair, that she tried to tweek w/ henna, and it literly melted her hair. She had to cut to almost a fade and start over after 4yrs of growth. Becareful. Why not just get a texturizer if you want a looser curl pattern. You can always go to a reputable salon to get it done. That way it minimizes the chances of you getting jacked up hair. I had the blonde highlights and have been using Motions color restore to change the color. It's working great for me right now, since I don't want to dye my hair anymore, and it still gives a bit of color to the tips that are waiting to go. Good luck to ya. You may want to go to like a Sally's or a Barnum(if you can get a stylist to go w/ ) and ask them what they think

Back