Calling 4a-b transitioners w/o extensions

Napp

Ms. Nobody
If you transitioned with no extensions and you have 4a-4b hair i would like to hear from you!

what styles did you wear?
how long did you transition?
what was your regimen?
did you trim? if so how often?
pics if possible.

Buns buns buns and the occasional flatiron (once every 3 or 4 months). Now at almost 15 months post, I'm switching it up to two french braids (as my staple hairstyle) and a flatiron once every 2 months. I trim once every 8 to 10 months. I'm still transitioning, though, so I don't know if my response is valid for your thread.

Hey! Im currently 6 months into transitioning. A high bun made from a puff as the base and hair fanned around it with the ends tucked and pinned around it is my go to style, bc its quick and neat and I can do it in 5 minutes no matter how crazy my hair looks at the moment. I also do bantu knot outs, twistouts/braidouts, and have been experimenting with two strand twists. The ends are thin in comparison to the roots, but they look pretty decent pinned up in various styles and/or curled on perm rods. I plan to transition for anywhere from 15 months to 2 years plus depending on how my hair cooperates. I did a major chop from approx APL (but had thinning and breakage) to neck length in mid May. I did a mini trim a few days ago. Ill probably do a little trim every few months now. My hair has been a frizzy puffy mess with thin ends the last few days...not sure what thats all about, Ill probably put it back in twists this weekend or something...it doesnt want to hold any styles right now lol.

If you transitioned with no extensions and you have 4a-4b hair i would like to hear from you!

what styles did you wear?
how long did you transition?
what was your regimen?
did you trim? if so how often?
pics if possible.

I mostly wear Twistouts, braidouts, Loose Buns or just French braid in the back
I am still currently transitioning and plan to for the next couple of years. It all depends on how much natural hair length I retain. I trim whenever my hair needs it so I guess, every 3-5 mths. I don't use heat often so I don't trim as much.

Here are two of my go-to styles:

8c9d3ced.jpg

5dbc49c0.jpg

Last edited:
Some of my non extension styles- braid/twist outs, updos, buns, phony ponies. I transitioned just over 15 months and 3 weeks. I did use extensions a lot, tried to keep up with my dc's. Didn't really trim all that often since I knew I would be chopping it all off snyway

Back