Bunning tips please..I need help

sydney100

For those who frequently bun their hair please help me. I can't do a bun to save my life. Can you give me some tips, tricks, suggestions on how to do a bun. I purchased one of those bunning things from Claire..:ohwell: Its the one you put your hair through and they come in different sizes and my bun still looks a mess:sad:.

I have very thin hair so my bun looks see through:wallbash:. Can anyone help me?

I am almost BSL and this is what I do - smooth my hair back, hold it like I'm making a ponytail, keep twisting the tail around and then coil it into a round shape (tucking the ends behind the top of the coil to protect them). I secure with 2 large bobby pins, one facing down and one facing up in a cross shape. That's it! :grin: I don't use socks, donuts, or any other contraption to create a bun because many of them will either dry out or rip your hair off. At least the ones I used to use. Let me know if you understand my description. If not I'll try to post a pic or find a youtube video that shows how I do it. :yep:

I create a modified bun..it's not truly a bun, but this is what I do, pull my hair back as though I'm making a ponytail, twist the rubberband around my hair 3 to 4 times (depending on when I had a relaxer). After i make the ponytail I braid my hair. Then I take a headband, wrap it around my ponytail, and loop the braid 3 or 4 times so that it makes a nice little poof...This way I have no pins, and it's easy to take down should I want to moisturize it, and easy to sleep on.

Keep It Simple Sista blog-Traycee has some good bun tutorials too.
www.keepitsimplesista.ning.com
I like creating a bun by using those pantyhose material ponytail holders. Wrap it around then two strand twist a section of my ponytail, wrap it around the base, pin it. Then take the remaining loose hair and wrap it around the large twist I made. The video tutorials on traycee's website are better at explaining it and you can actually see it being done. HTH

Ladies...thank you for your bunning techniques. Tomorrow im going to experiment with the two techniques. Hopefully my bun wont look jacked up:ohwell:. I feel so retarded when it comes to styling my hair. I've been wearing this ponytail for a year straight!

I love buns, thats all I pretty much do. I don't use donuts either but my buns tend to look like one. I wrap my hair in a circular motion around the ponytail holder and then I secure it with either a pin, ponytail holder or a scrunchy. Here's my tutorial on how I do my buns, click here.

Thanks for the fotkis and how to's.:look: I will definitely take a picture the next time I do a bun and keep you guys posted. I'm pretty excited to try out my buns:drunk:

I started with the tutorial Tiffers posted. It is SUPER simple. If you want something more flexible than a foam donut I did a bit of a tutorial on my hair journal. See it here

SouthernTease has a sexy quick bun too that doesn't use a bun form.... I can't find the link though but I believe it's in the archives and YouTube.

Back