Brushes=Breakage?

lonei

I have found that if I wrap my hair using a vent brush (plastic bristles,which is very rare these days) I see lots of little broken hairs. However I have no breakage when I comb using a wide tooth comb. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Yes, when my hair is wet or dry. That's why I DO NOT brush my hair. Sometimes I'll use a toothbrush for around my edges, but that's ususally it.

Your hair is weakest when wet and dragging a bristled or hard plastic brush through it is asking for trouble. I DO, however, use and recommend a paddle brush to wrap your hair. In essence, it's like using a comb, just with a lot more teeth and it will not snag your hair.

HTH!!

Brushing my hair wet or dry makes it break. I have read that hair brushing is uneccessary for AA hair. I only brush a little to smooth my hair when I style and I don't do it at all when it's wet. I have read that wet brushing is bad even for types 1-3 hair because of the stretching and types 1-3 is usually more elastic than 4. I don't think you should brush you hair wet.

Sorry that wasn't even the question was it? Well, it's the first day back at work so my brain is on monday.

Back