Braids in the DC Metro Area

Hey Ladies, could anyone recommend a good (and hopefully affordable) place to get braids in the DC Metro area? The closer to PG county the better, but I'll travel for a good braider. I'm not quite sure what I want to get yet, but most likely microbraids (not too small though), or tree braids. I appreciate any recommendations. Thanks! :)

zora

I wouldn't necessarily call her 'affordable', but her prices are right around the same range that everyone else is charging. The name of the place is 'Rallys'. It's in the Upper Marlboro/Largo area.

zora said:
I wouldn't necessarily call her 'affordable', but her prices are right around the same range that everyone else is charging. The name of the place is 'Rallys'. It's in the Upper Marlboro/Largo area.

Thanks a lot! By affordable, I guess I really mean, not outrageous, though I wish I were back in Jersey, where I could get almost anything done for $100 - $125 (those were the days! LOL). I think I may have heard of that some time ago. Is there a particular stylist there that I should look into?

Any other suggestions ladies?

KathyMay

I might have to try out the Natural Blessing Salon when I move to Upper Marlboro. My old standby is www.superhairbraiding.com. they are kind of high but they do I nice job on my twists.

kittenz

SweetMarshCrystal said:
:eek: More than $100??? Wow here in the NYC Harlem area I get my braids done for $40-60 by the African Ladies!!!

I need to move to Harlem then because these ladies here be tripping. Quoting prices over $200 and then wanna increase it when they see my how thick my hair is and how big my head is.

SweetMarshCrystal said:
:eek: More than $100??? Wow here in the NYC Harlem area I get my braids done for $40-60 by the African Ladies!!!

$40-$60 dollars? WOW :eek:. I used to live in Jersey, and could get it done for $100, but $40 - $60??? I am so jealous. Makes me want to visit a friend for the weekend and get my hair done. Would cost me about the same as getting braids here ...;)