Braiders how long is your natural hair?

SweetNic_JA

My hair has gotten too long for my usual style and I need something new. I normally braid the hair about 2 inches past my natural hair and apply nail glue to the braid. My hair isn't very long but it's too long for that style (unless I add extensions to the extension). What styles are you longer-haired braiders wearing?

Chanteuse

Anything where the ends aren't left exposed. Box braids, pixie braids, kinky twists or sewn in weaves get my vote.

Nonie

Like you, I like to braid the entire length of my hair and then some... Plus I like to use heat on the part extending beyond my hair hence I need my extensions to be much longer than my hair. So when my hair got to the point where the piece I had wasn't working for me, I just forked out more money (don't ask how much; I'm still recovering from the horror) and bought a longer extension piece. hisandher.com can get human hair lengths up to 30 inches.

SweetNic_JA

oooooh thanks Nonie!!! I'm looking at the site now. Their prices are over the top though! I usually pay like $17 to $20 for 16" but they're selling theirs for $30

I haven't look thru the whole thing yet. Maybe I'll find a bargain.

Ayeshia

well right now I have small box braids. Luckily my hair is short so I dont have to braid all the way down to my shoulders. If I did it would take a long time to complete the style. I wanna try kinky twists next

mermaid

Heck yeah! Just get longer hair! I've had it to my butt before- you just don't bend it in the middle for the center, you take two pieces and slightly overlap the ends to make the center or point where you attach. Takes more hair, therefore more money, but you get the look you want and if you are using human hair like I always do, you're gonna reuse it anyways.

jtsupanova

I am only collar bone lenght so i don't really have a problem with the lenght. I just can't get short braids anymore (bob styles). One thing that concerns me though it the way the style looks now that my hair is longer. I have braids with wet and wavy human hair and over half of the hair is braided. It looks decent but I refuse to have braids longer that BSL ( I just can't deal) and w&w is my favorite style of braids.Whats the piont of waves if most of its braided.

cutiebe2

I am approaching Shoulder length (I won't claim it until these side catch up!:wallbash:)
The problem I find is that the longer my hair gets, the less I can't cut off when I want to take the braids out...these means it takes longer to take the braids out every time

ekomba

Since i'm now past shoulder length, i want my hair covered cause the roots tangle a lot the longer it gets. i 'm getting a full sew in weave this friday and till april, i'm getting a full curly weave every 2 months. my braider will give me a concoction for my scalp this friday. I do feel that the braiding make my hair more fragile when i take it out, i have to make sure i baby it but i m not dealing with it till spring lol
sept3,07

scarcity21

I am only collar bone lenght so i don't really have a problem with the lenght. I just can't get short braids anymore (bob styles). One thing that concerns me though it the way the style looks now that my hair is longer. I have braids with wet and wavy human hair and over half of the hair is braided. It looks decent but I refuse to have braids longer that BSL ( I just can't deal) and w&w is my favorite style of braids.Whats the piont of waves if most of its braided.

i feel the same way!!!!!!

scarcity21

I am approaching Shoulder length (I won't claim it until these side catch up!:wallbash:)
The problem I find is that the longer my hair gets, the less I can't cut off when I want to take the braids out...these means it takes longer to take the braids out every time

:eek:h snap: i thought i was the only one that felt this way!

hotlusciousl

THIS IS WHY YOU ASK FOR LACING.... WHEN GETTING WET AND WAVY OR HUMAN HAIR BRAIDS. THE LENGTH OF YOUR HAIR IS BRAIDED BUT AT THE TOP OF THE BRAID THEY PULL ABOUT THREE PIECES OF HAIR OUT TO COVER THE INDIVIDUAL BRAID. IT'S BEAUTIFUL LOOKS JUST LIKE YOUR OWN HAIR AND YOU DON'T SEE ANY BRAIDS AT ALL!!! I'LL POST A LINK TO THE WET AND WAVY AND THE HUMAN HAIR SO YALL CAN SEE!

chickory_bee

OMG...I was SO about to talk about lacing!!! My hair is too long to get braids past my hair, and still look as good as it used to, so I'm moving on to lacing. Looks fabulous, and while the hair is braided past your natural hair, it gives the impression of 'hair'. I love it, and my stylist here in MD does it for a reasonable price...I just takes ALL day.

hotlusciousl

OMG...I was SO about to talk about lacing!!! My hair is too long to get braids past my hair, and still look as good as it used to, so I'm moving on to lacing. Looks fabulous, and while the hair is braided past your natural hair, it gives the impression of 'hair'. I love it, and my stylist here in MD does it for a reasonable price...I just takes ALL day.

Where do you go for this in maryland? I go into D.C. to have this done.

scarcity21

YEA Chikory bee...do tell:grin::grin::grin: where in MD do u go? im out MD too!
Whatever happened to the "E" hair we talked about? did u change ur mind?
I used it to braid my hair when I went back home and it looks gorgeous...pics in my album.
If u still want it, its not too late.....

My hair is in box braids right now but I will take them out tommorrow!!!! CAn'twait. Currently my hair is an inch past collar bone and I've been growing it out with braids since March 2007. I've achieved alot of length since and am proud!

scarcity21

My hair is in box braids right now but I will take them out tommorrow!!!! CAn'twait. Currently my hair is an inch past collar bone and I've been growing it out with braids since March 2007. I've achieved alot of length since and am proud!

Sweet...i could never get ur PW to work