Bootcamp Updates - POST HERE

brownsugarflyygirl

Session Two is Over!! So if you have progress pics from your time in Bootcamp post them here :yep:

Time has really flown....there is only one session left. So proud of the soldiers that have stuck in there :grin:

I didnt use a heat pass this session :grin: good right?! Yep...but that means I have no progress pics :nono:

So I wont be able to post progress pics until I use a heat pass to straighten in October. Just wanted to let you all know. I may try to do the whole natural stretch a piece of hair update thing :look: Ill take some pics and see how it goes.

I didnt use a heat pass this session :grin: good right?! Yep...but that means I have no progress pics :nono:

So I wont be able to post progress pics until I use a heat pass to straighten in October. Just wanted to let you all know. I may try to do the whole natural stretch a piece of hair update thing :look: Ill take some pics and see how it goes.

:lol: How come you don't want to do that? I don't have any length shots either, I haven't had my hair straightened since April.

As for me, i'm in the process of a first six months stretch attempt. I haven't had a touch up since 6/29. My last pic was in July when my good friend gave me a must needed trim.

:lol: How come you don't want to do that? I don't have any length shots either, I haven't had my hair straightened since April.

I dont have anybody to help me take the shot...and having one arm around my back trying to pull the hair down and then one arm trying to take the picture in the mirror...just seems like a whole lot going on :spinning: Ill probably end up looking like a cotortionist...LOL

Maybe I will wait until one of my friends comes over this weekend and have them help me...or maybe straighten one piece and then take the picture.

Bootcamp is going very well for me. My cousin will straighten my hair today, and then I'll post a length pic. I've decided that after my last length pic for bootcamp at the end of December, I'm going to go through 2008 with no heat. If I can ever get beyond being so style challenged, then I'm sure not using heat ever would not be a problem for me. I've done twists twice, and they didn't even hold up for a week. :( Sad, just sad.:lachen:

ETA: Okay, I'm finally posting the pic today 9/12/07. It was taken on 9/1/07

Last edited:
Boot camp has been so great for me. I can't remember the last time I used heat. I am loving my hair and the progress. I had a real setback at the beginning of bootcamp so I had to recover. I also got a little lazy during the last few weeks. It was hot as hades here and I didn't wash as much as I used to, but thankfully, I didn't loose much progress.

I went from this
septemberperm-vi.jpg

to this at the beginning of bootcamp (d$#@ dominican "trim")

db25072-vi.jpg

to this (taken on Saturday)

septrelaxeryb4.jpg

Last edited:
GoldenBreeze - Kudos to you for going heatless in 2008!! Ive been low/no heat for two years so Im actually thinking about using heat more next year :look: Like once every two months or something like that...well see though.

Crlsweetie912 - I am so glad that bootcamp has been good to your hair. Sorry about your "trim" incident...but I am happy to hear that bootcamp is helping you recover. Your hair is very thick and pretty in the pics.

I don't have any update shots.
Right now I'm on a personal stretch until the December Xmas break
I did my twists last night but i did not take pics took me 2 days
in December it will 5 months and how every weeks when i relax.

GoldenBreeze - Kudos to you for going heatless in 2008!! Ive been low/no heat for two years so Im actually thinking about using heat more next year :look: Like once every two months or something like that...well see though.

I haven't used much heat this year. I've only straightened for the bootcamp updates.

BTW: I just added my update pic.

Back