Biotin or MSM?

yodie

Which is the absolute best for hair growth?

MSM or Biotin?
Does MSM help with hair growth?

MommaMayhann

MissMadaam said:
Biotin is better for growth... MSM more so for making ur texture softer

Co-signing... I take both. The way I see it a softer texture should help you retain the hair (during detangling, combing etc.) that the biotin helped you grow, JMO...

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Biotin for growth. MSM for texture. If you're trying to stretch your relaxers, take MSM. If you want growth of both nails and hair, please take Biotin. I take Puritan's Pride Super Biotin, www.puritan.com and GNC MSM.

RabiaElaine

I agree with what was said. Biotin for growth and MSM for texture. Though MSM has sulfur in it I believe and we know that helps w/ growth.

Seeking8Rights

raeshan said:
Which is the absolute best for hair growth?

MSM or Biotin?
Does MSM help with hair growth?

I second the other girls.

MSM is known to thicken hair more than Biotin, but also can be contributed to growth. I once read the result from a clinical study on MSM particularly for hair and nail growth. The outcome was that within 6 weeks the patients noticed a change in hair thickness and length. They also confirmed that their hair was shinier than before the clinical trial. This is primarily due to the high sulfer content in MSM.

Biotin is known to be growth related because if one becomes deficient then hair loss is a symptom. It's good as a preventitive method to hair loss, which only provides your hair the room to grow.

taj

I prefer biotin because msm doesn't agree with my system.:) Msm gives me an upset stomach, no matter what form I take it in.:confused: I began taking only 300mcg's of biotin & gradually increased the dosage to 5mg. I have not experience any breakouts.:cool: The results are phenomenal.:grin:

yodie

thanks ladies. I have both, but biotin gives me terrible breakouts.

I started another thread asking if anyone used birth control pills to counteract biotin breakouts.

Please share if you have any knowledge.

gymfreak336

Well, biotin and msm both help add elemental sulfur to your body which in turn helps growth. I would say to start with biotin first though because people seem to respond to it pretty well as a whole. If you are having breakout issues, take less and drink more water. Cut your dose in half anf drink 1/3 more water a day and see if that helps. If it does keep taking the half dose for another 2-3 weeks and then more up to the full dose.

Guyaneek

I actually take both but you ladies have supplied me with some interesting information about the purpose of these supplements.

pistachio

For me:

Biotin-the devil(broke my face out something HORRIBLE)

MSM-nothing but good things to say--lossened my hair texture to aid stretching, cleared my skin, grew my hair :)

watchmegrow

I take Biotin with no breakouts. I wish I would have found it a few years ago. My hsn vitamins have msm but I'm scared to take extra msm. I keep thinking that I'm doing so well without breakouts from Biotin so if I get greedy and try msm, I might breakout.

tiffupretty

I take Biotin with no breakouts. I wish I would have found it a few years ago. My hsn vitamins have msm but I'm scared to take extra msm. I keep thinking that I'm doing so well without breakouts from Biotin so if I get greedy and try msm, I might breakout.

lol i thought the same thing so i dont wanna be greedy....the guy at my vitamin store is like um your back? i take biotin, a womans multi vitamin, easy iron cuz im anemic *and its easy on the system those that've taken iron know what i mean* odorless garlic suppliments cuz i hear its good for shedding, vitamin e, and vitamin c...oh and an omega fish oil...i better not break a bone or get sick this winter..

but the biotin is really making my sides grow in...significantly...my 30day vitamins only progress ends this week....cant wait to take pics.....and my nails are off the hook im constantly cutting them down

watchmegrow

lol i thought the same thing so i dont wanna be greedy....the guy at my vitamin store is like um your back? i take biotin, a womans multi vitamin, easy iron cuz im anemic *and its easy on the system those that've taken iron know what i mean* odorless garlic suppliments cuz i hear its good for shedding, vitamin e, and vitamin c...oh and an omega fish oil...i better not break a bone or get sick this winter..

but the biotin is really making my sides grow in...significantly...my 30day vitamins only progress ends this week....cant wait to take pics.....and my nails are off the hook im constantly cutting them down
O/T but girl, I just saw that you have been attacked by the pool water too. It seemed like my thick hair just matted up and got stringy over night. I had to cut it in a short tapered bob. It was years ago but it didn't take long for my hair to grow. The vitamins are good but remember to keep your hair moist.