Bible reading..silent or aloud?

ChasingBliss

I have been discovering a lot of new things lately concerning the Bible. And I have a question. Since the words coming out of mouths are so important, would it be better to read the Bible aloud...in other words does reading the Bible and quoting scripture aloud have more effect in someone's life that to just read silently?

eta: I know that spiritual connection with God is important as well. I'm just referring to this aspect of connecting with God and getting desired results in your life, like change for the better or as Creflo puts it, gaining prosperity in EVERY area of your life.

I just got back to reading 3 chapters a day. When it is hard for me to "bring my mind in" I read outloud. I notice that it helps a great deal. To answer your question I do both. It is particularly easy for me to pick up on what God is trying to showing me or make rhema to me when reading outloud because I usually repeat it twice.

HTH

gn1g said:
I just got back to reading 3 chapters a day. When it is hard for me to "bring my mind in" I read outloud. I notice that it helps a great deal. To answer your question I do both. It is particularly easy for me to pick up on what God is trying to showing me or make rhema to me when reading outloud because I usually repeat it twice.

HTH

Thanks, when I read aloud, it stays in my head as well and I can recall it when I need it.

Naijaqueen said:
I like reading it out to myself because I can memorize it well that way. Its like confessing the word.

Thanks for sharing Naijaqueen. I was also wondering if prayers were more effective when said aloud too....especially when you pray thankful prayers for things you desire...like having certain needs met, or building of character...

For example, I heard that if you desire say, a more compassionate heart towards a situation, after asking God for help in that area, you are to thank Him that you have received that gift even before you see it, and you should do this aloud as opposed to in your head. Does this make any sense? Do any of you think and pray like this?

Hoping days dont go by before I get a response, :lol: ...

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Thanks for sharing Naijaqueen. I was also wondering if prayers were more effective when said aloud too....especially when you pray thankful prayers for things you desire...like having certain needs met, or building of character...

For example, I heard that if you desire say, a more compassionate heart towards a situation, after asking God for help in that area, you are to thank Him that you have received that gift even before you see it, and you should do this aloud as opposed to in your head. Does this make any sense? Do any of you think and pray like this?

Hoping days dont go by before I get a response, :lol: ...

I love to praise God out loud, its hard for me to be quiet when doing that. Maybe it makes me feel like I am making a declaration that way but I love it :)

Thats how I pray, I dont like to repeat the same request twice instead after praying, I end it with "I thank you Lord because you have heard me", and turn to praising God and using the word to encourage myself as to why I deserve it.
When i go to God in prayer, I tell Him what my problem is, and then praise Him for who He is, and for what I am...a child of God, a joint-heir with Christ...
I read a book by late Kenneth Hagin where He said to go through the Epistles and underline the verses that said "with Christ", with Him", "in whom" and write them down. Right now I have the ones I identified from Romans thru Galatians. Its serves as reassurance to me, so I remind myself of whom I am

So I turned mine into a confessional:

I am a child of God
I am a new creation
I am a joint-heir with Christ
I am righteous in Christ
I am free in Christ
I have eternal life
I share in Christ's sufferings and comfort
I have His seal in which He has anointed me with (kinda like a credit card with the logo!)
I have His spiritual wisdom and have been sanctified and redeemed.
He leads me to triumphant procession and through me spreads the fragrance of Him everywhere
By Christ's poverty I was made RICH!
I am weak but His power makes me STRONG!
Abraham's blessings are mine: financial, spiritual and physical
I am here to dominate and NOT be dominated
The gold, silver, cattle they all belong to me, it is my inheritance
God said He would exalt and honor me! He will not put me to shame
Christ is in me
His power is working in me

My Confessional prayer over, I start praise

Then I ask the Holy Spirit to join me in praising Him, I ask God to come and fill my body, to come and fill my body which is His temple with His glory, to fill me with His glory.

At this point, I am satisfied, request has been made known, and granted, God has been glorified, and I go throughout the day glowing and excited!

God is good!!

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I have been discovering a lot of new things lately concerning the Bible. And I have a question. Since the words coming out of mouths are so important, would it be better to read the Bible aloud...in other words does reading the Bible and quoting scripture aloud have more effect in someone's life that to just read silently?

eta: I know that spiritual connection with God is important as well. I'm just referring to this aspect of connecting with God and getting desired results in your life, like change for the better or as Creflo puts it, gaining prosperity in EVERY area of your life.
It's what one speaks with 'his/her' Heart is what is effective. Yes our words are powerful and in the book of James, God's word speaks about the power of the tongue, but yet many and much is said verbally and has no substance. In Romans 10, when God's word says, when you confess the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart, that He rose from the dead and is the Son of God...

The key and most important factor is what comes from the heart...not necessarily our mouths. How many people have you known or have 'heard' confess the sinner's prayer or simply say (with their mouth) they are Christian, yet they are living to the highest realm for the devil. Their heart was not in their confession; their verbal output.

I can take this and run with it, but time pending, I can't. Just remember, whatever you believe in your heart, is what will be. Jesus said 'believe and receive'...He also, said from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh...

God looks on your heart, HLD...He looks upon the purness and the intent of your heart and that's all that will ever matter in this life. What you believe in your heart to be, shall be.

Oh! As for the properity message, be ye silent, be ye open and loud, God's gift of prosperity will always be what it is. Given to those who believe will receive. If you believe what you say, you will have it. If you don't believe, you won't, because we will only receive and act on that which we believe in.

I've done and still do both, quiet silent confession of God's word and open verbal in full open prayer and confession. But it's still about what I believe that I will receive.

((( Hugs ))) ;)

HoneyLemonDrop said:

Yep. Me too.

Shimmie said:
It's what one speaks with 'his/her' Heart is what is effective. Yes our words are powerful and in the book of James, God's word speaks about the power of the tongue, but yet many and much is said verbally and has no substance. In Romans 10, when God's word says, when you confess the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in your heart, that He rose from the dead and is the Son of God...

The key and most important factor is what comes from the heart...not necessarily our mouths. How many people have you known or have 'heard' confess the sinner's prayer or simply say (with their mouth) they are Christian, yet they are living to the highest realm for the devil. Their heart was not in their confession; their verbal output.

I can take this and run with it, but time pending, I can't. Just remember, whatever you believe in your heart, is what will be. Jesus said 'believe and receive'...He also, said from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh...

God looks on your heart, HLD...He looks upon the purness and the intent of your heart and that's all that will ever matter in this life. What you believe in your heart to be, shall be.

Oh! As for the properity message, be ye silent, be ye open and loud, God's gift of prosperity will always be what it is. Given to those who believe will receive. If you believe what you say, you will have it. If you don't believe, you won't, because we will only receive and act on that which we believe in.

I've done and still do both, quiet silent confession of God's word and open verbal in full open prayer and confession. But it's still about what I believe that I will receive.

((( Hugs ))) ;)

Thank you Shimmie, I am just now seeing your response and when I first started this thread I was hoping you'd post.

I just have to read it in a way that helps me understand the best. Most of the time that means I read it in my head, but sometimes the words aren't sinking in right and I have to say it out loud , i don't know why that happens, it just does sometimes. But sometimes when I read it out loud, I feel like I'm concentrating to much on the sound of my own voice and not on His word. so readeing it in my head usually works for me.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Thank you Shimmie, I am just now seeing your response and when I first started this thread I was hoping you'd post.

:kiss: No matter what, God will always hear you. He waits in joy just to hear from you each day. Be it out loud or a quiet whisper or a gentle thought...He loves it when you speak to Him. Afterall, you are His Honey Lemon Drop. A refreshment to His heart. ;)

If you don't believe me, ask Him...:lol:

((( hugs angel )))

Back