Best Relaxer for a Manageable Texlax

ebonylocs

I got my natural hair lightly relaxed in January of this year. I told the hairdresser I wanted to retain body and texture, so she used Mizani No-Lye, which she said she had used on clients before to get the results I wanted. I think she did a good job, but I did not go back to her because she was so espensive.

So I got my next relaxer in April from hairdresser around the corner, and she didn't so such a good job. She used a mild relaxer (I don't know what brand), and it was done unevenly, with the front hairline over processed while some spots in the middle didn't seem to have seen the relaxer at all. It gets really tangly in some spots.

So now I want to do my texlax myself. The results I want are: thick hair with lot of body and texture and can wear curly in a wash and go, but the *strands* are smooth, moisturised, and shiny, and the hair easy to detangle.

I haven't relaxed often in the past so I'm not well-versed on relaxers. I have read often on here that no-lye can make the hair very dry and tangly, so maybe that's what has been going on with my hair?

So what relaxer should I use?
The contenders so far are: Mizani No-Lye, Phyto II, Phyto I.

Please suggest a relaxer you think might to the job, and tell me why.

My hair is 4B, very dense, fine strands, porous and about APL.

I use Mizani for sensitive scalp for my 4a/b strands to do a texlax. I've used it the entire year every 3 months or so and I love it. It allows my hair to maintain body and I can wear it curly or straight.

You have to be careful when applying and do a strand test first. I've found that 7 minutes is all it takes to get my hair to loosen it's curl. That's all I want to achieve by texlaxing is a loosened curl pattern that's easy to straighten.

My hair has grown better this way than when I was natural for six years and I'm approaching APL as my next goal. Right now I'm two inches past collarbone length. The texlax with Mizani was the best thing I've ever done for my hair.

But I have to say that I'm being swayed by many on the board to try the Mizani Butter Blend. (Although can anyone find that in mild? I only found it in REGULAR! PM me if you know where to find MILD Mizani Butter Blend.)

Best wishes and I think doing your hair yourself is the way to go!

I know this is not a high end relaxer but I used the Just for me Texture softener for my corrective and I love the results i got with it.

Thanks for your replies.

I know this is not a high end relaxer but I used the Just for me Texture softener for my corrective and I love the results i got with it.

Is that the one with the "Sunflower oil"? If so, it didn't work for me.:nono: i tried at the end of last year.

I use Mizani for sensitive scalp for my 4a/b strands to do a texlax. I've used it the entire year every 3 months or so and I love it. It allows my hair to maintain body and I can wear it curly or straight.
Lana, is this lye or no-lye?

I think Profectiv is the best to get my hair texlaxed and keep it strong and moisturized. (Look up the ingredients :grin:)

I am going to try that Mizani Butter Blends but it really needs to live up to my Profectiv.

Back