Best 5 oils/best 3 butters?

I want about a million oils and butters, but this isn't practical for my regimen. For those who love your oils and butters, can you suggest the best of the best? Also could you share your uses? I hope to have 1-2 of the oils be Indian oils btw. TIA!

Oils I love are coconut oil, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil.

Honorable mentions: tea tree oil and red palm oil as product add-ins.

Unfortunately, I don't use butters. I do have a stash of shea butter, but I never use it, but it's just because I personally prefer oils over butters (easier to distribute). ;)

my 3 favorite oils are jojoba, evoo and hot 6 oil (i guess that's cheating since it contains 6 oils!!)

i just got castor oil and avocado butter today so the jury is out on those for now...

I have extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil, and jojoba oil. I have Wondergro Shea Butter (Mega Moisture Protein Complex Hairdress Conditioner) and Elasta QP Mango Butter.

Last edited:
Oils that I love-rosemary, avacodo, coconut, castor & sweet almond
Butters that I love-mango & avacodo

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. At this point I believe that Castor and Coconut oil will be on my list. I'm also looking at Sweet Almond Oil. Anyone like the Indian oils?

As far as butters...Mango butter is definitely on there! I'm also interested in Red Palm Butter after the thread dedicated to it. Man this is HARD!

My favorite carriers oils are: camellia, avocado, monoi, meadowfoam and jojoba and my three favorite butters are: shea, mowrah and murumuru. My favorite essential oils are: tea tree, rosemary and jasmine.

ETA: I am cheating as I also love coconut, red palm, babassu and palm kernel oils, all of which solidify/harden in the cooler months into butter-like consistencies.

Last edited:
Oil
1.Castor Oil
2.EVOO
3.Sweet Almond Oil

Butters
1.Mango
2.Avocado
3.Shea(only use this on my face)

Oils:

Jojoba
Coconut
Olive
Castor
Sweet Almond

Butters:

Avocado
Shea
Hemp

I apply these butters to my ends, while my hair is either wet or dry. I use them to seal in moisture.

Butters: hemp seed and avocado
Oils: Coconut, Vatika (which is a coconut oil with other stuff blended in)

butters: i dunno, haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet :bricks:
5 oils: vatika, grapeseed, sweet almond, jojoba, and olive.

OILS
jojoba
amla
evoo
sweet almond
avocado

BUTTERS
avocado
shealoe
aloe
hemp seed

Last edited: