Bantu Knot ..yeah right

Irresistible

I tried doing just one...i rolled it all the way to the end...and went to try put it up rolled in a little bun around itself ....that DID NOT work....it was coming loose way before i could even get it up there to figure out how to roll it around itself. you guys must have some serious talent....ok i need bantu knott tips, step by step..each section is too long to get it rolled around itself, how do you guys do it?

i used hair pins on most of mine...and depending on how ur ends are, u'll probably need to use either pins or little elastics

The way I do mine is I get a section and start twisting from the roots up.if you start from the ends the knots will be kind of loose, so start from roots up. You start by just twisting the same part with both hands until it starts twisting around itself, then you have to keep twisting and shaping the twisted hair around itself, so a little bun will form. Do that until you run out of hair. tuck the ends under around the base of the knot, and secure with a tiny scrunchy something like these and just place one or two over each knot making sure the ends are nicely tucked under so they won't look ugly and sleep with a scarf. Take a look at my album to see how they look like.
wink.gif

thank you wildflower and lsubabiedee.....
but omg im still lost. ok i took a section of my hair and rolled it and rolled it , like a coil (not a twist) , but once i had it all rollled and tried to then roll it around itself at the top, i couldnt do it...it was coming apart already....if you put an elastic band (like in the pic) on the ends , your saying that will help hold it untill you can twirl it around in the little bun...omg im so lost lol...i dont get how that will hold it...maybe i just need to practice...i dunno

lol...dont put the band on the ends until its tucked under the knot...
if you coil the section of hair long enough, it should start to coil back on itself...if not, after all of ur has is coiled then just twist it around like u'd do a bun and then secure is with a band....hth

Gurllll thats wha i was doing, and i saw your bantu knotts, you make me sick
laugh.gif
(they were too cute) ...ok im'a try it again...i guess i got the idea down, now i just need to learn the technique to get it right , as far as how to hold the hair and all that. im thinkin maybe if i hold it at the base while i start to twist it around in the bun that might help..i dunno but im'a try it again

maybe your hair is too slippery in texture. i just twist the hair around in a small circle/bun shape and secure with a hair elastic. or you can make an actual knot by pulling the end through the hole in the middle.

hth

I Think i firgured out the missing link after looking at some pics
you have to secure it at the base with a pony tail holder right?

i was twisting (rollling it) with nothing holding it at the base.....
am i right , is that what i was missing?

Yeah, especially if your ends are thick, if your ends are thinner than the rest of your hair sometimes they'll stay by themselves. I secure mine w/ those metal clips. But I'm sure the ponytail holder would work too.

What, I just reread your post. You don't secure the base when you start, you secure the ends (which should be at the base of the knot) when you're finished. HTH

omg , so thats not it?

i cant do it without doing it in a ponytail first. securing it at the top. i couldnt get it to stay when i went to wrap it around itself...dang i thought i figured it out.

so ya'll dont secure it at the base?

I do a two strand twist first...then twist it into a banut knot. I usually take them down the next day to wear a curly fro. Your hair is really long enough that you should not have to put anything around it to keep it secure.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I do a two strand twist first...then twist it into a banut knot. I usually take them down the next day to wear a curly fro. Your hair is really long enough that you should not have to put anything around it to keep it secure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok , i was doing the coil thing ,and i couldnt keep it from coming uncoiled...i'll try it with twists

try using one finger to hold the twist you already started AS you are finishing the twist- then when it's time to tuck it in, keep your holding finger on the knot until it's fairly secure then you can fine tune it. It won't hold in the twist without some support- it's going to unravel so youhave to stabelize it while you are working.

[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
try using one finger to hold the twist you already started AS you are finishing the twist- then when it's time to tuck it in, keep your holding finger on the knot until it's fairly secure then you can fine tune it. It won't hold in the twist without some support- it's going to unravel so youhave to stabelize it while you are working.

[/ QUOTE ]

your talking about the coil kind right? thats exactly what im saying, i need the skills or practice or something to get it right...im'a work on it though...although i dont know if i can do it , not without a pony tail holder at the top
ohwell.gif

yep- the coils, that's the kind I wear, every now and then I do it with 2 strand twists, but usually I just coil em up and tuck in the ends.

That pic is absolutely beautiful! I tried my first bantu knots tonight and...well...they're a little less than that. Okay. A lot less. It's something to aspire to, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Check out this picture of bantu knots:
knots.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]Beautiful,

but still sayin yeah right to myself....i cant do that
HA! I cant even get one done right
confused.gif
ohwell.gif

Natrlchallenge said:
Can this style be done on short hair? Oh u ladies got skills! help the newbie....

Most definaely. I think I have a picture of them in my album under Styles. It's not perfect but you wil get the idea

Back