Ayurvedic question

bee

Does anyone just use oils for her ayurvedic regimen? I read the 3 month challenge thread and it included powders. I'm trying to stop shopping on line for products and theirs no Indian grocer near me.

I read that henna is good, along with other powders. Here, in the Midwest, I can't seem to access those powders.

Has anyone seen results with just pre-pooing with the oils? I have Amla and Vatika oil. They stink to me! I wouldn't want to use them everyday on dry hair, but since I cowash 2-3 times a week, they would be great for pre-poos.

I just started not to long ago and I ONLY use the oils.

Never wanted to try the powders and henna and stuff. Looks too complicated and messy and if your measurements aren't right then you could fcuk up your hair.

I have Mahabringraj, Brahmi, and Bringhraj oil and I mix all three together in my pomade and apply to scalp every other day.

For pre-poos ,which i only do if I remember and feel like it, I use HairVeda's Cocasta Oil or her Vatika Frosting which are all infused with Ayurvedic oils as well and they smell GREAT.

I stopped using the powders, but I do still use henna which I apply with an applicator brush. I start from the back and work my way forward. It's less messy that way.

Thanks, Ladies!

I noticed that the Vatika oil has neem, brahmi, amla, and some other extracts, infused into it. I'm going to try to get my hands on some more Ayurvedic products locally. I saw Medmunky's fotki and knew that I had to try this!

I started using Megatek on Friday and didn't wash it out. I applied it again on Sunday and had some type of physical reaction: heart palpitations, headache, and just a yucky feeling inside.

I know there has to be a more natural way to achieve the growth I want for my family and myself. Ayurvedic, seems to be the way to go!

I've been using the oils more than the powders because I haven't gotten a regimen down for the powders yet.

I must say I am enjoying the oils and my hair seems to be getting stronger.

Even if you can't use the powders, I believe the oils alone offer great benefits.

Yes, I use oils and powders. If you think Amla and Vatika stink, try different oils. Amla gold actually smells good. I got it over the weekend and threw away Amla. I love the smell of Vatika, but you might want to try regular coconut oil. You could even try other oils you like.

I really don't know which oils promote growth, but I'm willing to learn. BTW, how much growth have you experienced using just the oils? I really want to focus on growth. I think my hair is healthy enough to promote growth.

I'll just use what I have here and hope for the best. Hairveda, seems like the go-to products for an ayurvedic regime.

Reading from the bottles of my oils they work as follows:

Mahabhringaraj Oil - Natural Nourishing Formula For Thick, Strong & Healthly Looking, Beautiful Dark Hair.

Shikakai Oil - Natural Non-Greasy Formula For Clean & Fresh Scalp To Help Hair Grow Beautiful & Healthy.

Brahmi Amla - Natural Double Nourishing Formula That Helps The Hair Growth From Root Look Thick & Strong.

Jabakusum Hibiscus Enriched Oil - Natural Revitalizing Formula For Soft, Smooth & Silky Hair With Extra Lustre & Dark Shine.

I just started using the oils in Feb. so I can't comment on growth yet.

Back