Ayurvedic Powders- Slowth Growth Issues

Sade'

I recently purchased some Brahmi & Bhringraj herbal powders and Shikakai Oil to try and stimulate some growth. I swear my hair NEVER grows to at least SL. I am not sure why it stops there.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Extremely frustrated to say the least. On top of that the crown of my head is THIN as ever. I now wear super moisturized buns daily.

Has anyone ever used thes powders? If so, did they promote growth? How long did it take before u saw actual growth.

I usually mist the two powders with water and shikakai oil and apply it just like I'd apply a relaxer, then massage my scalp, put a shower cap on and let it sit for about an hour then rinse. Then I apply mineral free oils to my scalp and hair, tie my hair with a satin scarf and that's it.

I also take Phyto hair vitamins daily.

I'm so hopeless and desperate for growth. :nono:

msa

Lots of the ladies here use those powders and others. I don't know about them helping with growth but if you do a search on those powders or just "Ayurveda" or "Ayurvedic" you'll get lots of threads back. There's also a challenge currently going.

As far as your hair not passing sl, that sounds like a retention issue. Hair is always growing but if you can't keep it on your head then you won't gain length. Bunning is a great style to help keep your ends healthy and not breaking off so you're on the right track already.

Bun Mistress

Some people say that they get alot of growth from usingthe powders. I'm on the fence about that but I do use them. I ahve seen alot of growth itn the last six months but i have been PS and doing alot of other tings to promote growth (vitamins, supplements, sulphur, and megatek) and I have gotten about 3 and a half inches retained in approximately 5 months (I had breakage problems) I have to agree with MSA you may have several issues the two biggest being retention more so than growth and breakage.

When I decided to grow my hair out I had to really look at each step of my hair care and see when was keeping me from retaining growth. Am I a slow grower yes but I was also loosing alot of hair. I think you should go through each step from pre-poo to styling to se what can be better.

Sade'

Some people say that they get alot of growth from usingthe powders. I'm on the fence about that but I do use them. I ahve seen alot of growth itn the last six months but i have been PS and doing alot of other tings to promote growth (vitamins, supplements, sulphur, and megatek) and I have gotten about 3 and a half inches retained in approximately 5 months (I had breakage problems) I have to agree with MSA you may have several issues the two biggest being retention more so than growth and breakage.

When I decided to grow my hair out I had to really look at each step of my hair care and see when was keeping me from retaining growth. Am I a slow grower yes but I was also loosing alot of hair. I think you should go through each step from pre-poo to styling to se what can be better.

Thanks so much Kiffany. I will revisit my styling methods and see what I could possibly be doing wrong.

beans4reezy

Please don't be discouraged! I agree with the other ladies that your issue seems to be retention, so be sure to protective style your hair daily and make sure you hair is well moisturized.

Also, Auyrveda is more that just the powders, it is a completey natural system of hair care which strengthens the hair, thereby encouraging growth rentention. A lot of ladies here have had simply amazing results following an Ayurvedic regimen. I strongly suggest that you read through this thread when you get a chance:

Ayurveda Support Thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305

Nice & Wavy

Sade, I agree with the other ladies.:yep:

I'm a user of Ayurevda and it takes awhile for the benefits of it to kick in, but when it does, watch out girl! You hair becomes more healthy, which in turn causes it to retain length so that it can grow. Look for healthy hair first, then you will see the length take place.

My suggestion would be for you to stop using heat, and keep your hair in protective styles, while continually massaging oils in the scalp and keeping your hair moisturized, with oils to seal. Keep you hair and scalp clean as well...very important.

HTH

:bighug:

Sade'

Thanks so much ladies I feel a little bit better now. I REALLY need to stick with this and not get frustrated...I am so pressed for long hair and then when I don't see it I give up on my protective styles and such. AND I sometimes feel so PLAIN with this boring BUN. I REALLY appreciate the advice and support.