APL Finally! How Many More Inches Until BSL?? PICS!

dede1129

Hey Ladies! I finally made it to APL and got some Major Thickness which I Love ;-) Now I am all about setting goals so in your opinion how many more inches until BSL?? I started off my Journey in 2010 at neck length. BSL, Dec 2011??

This pic is from my phone so hopefully they are good enough.

b8c3dbff-1ac6-2a46.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Beautiful hair!

I'd say about 3 inches to BSL so you should reach your goal in the fall

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OP, congrats on making APL with beautiful hair. :up:

How long to bra strap depends on how wide the bra band in that photo is. If you measure that, then add half that length and that sum is how many inches/centimeters more you need to touch BSL. And I'd say you need an increase of twice that band's thickness to be full BSL.

your hair looks so good! i'm HORRIBLE with measurement estimations (not only with hair) so I can't comment but we actually look to be close to the same place. I'm hoping *very ambitiously* to be grazing BSL by May 21, my birthday and 2 year hair anniversary....so I'm going to say you have about 2 months til you at least REACH BSL, which encourages me too!

Oh yes my DD stays with me through my entire hair reggie process, she brings her little chair in and everything ;-)

My Reggie is as follows:
-Wash weekly with Organix coconut milk sulfate free shampoo
-DC weekly with Argan oil one and only Restoration Mask
-I blow dry my hair as I was getting ssk's from airdrying I will try again in the summer.
-Cowash with suave on cardio days M,W,F with conditioner in my hair while In steam room for 20 mins
-I moisturize with argan oil, silk elements moisturizing cream, and cantu shea butter leave in treatment
- I wear my hair in various pin ups 6 days a week and out on Sunday for church ;-)
-10 weeks post relaxer stretching for as long as possible
reggie???

Curious minds wanna know.

Great job though! Such awesome progress in a short time!

You used your above reggie for the past year and got that great growth :thud:

Good for you!! Glad to see full APL hair going on :giggle:

Nice work, OP! Your hair looks great! keep it up and you'll def be BSL this year.

I'm curious about your Reggie though. Do you blow-dry everytime you co wash as well?

It looks like you may have 3-4 inches to go. But to get an exact measurement, get a tape measure and have someone measure from the nape of your neck to the middle of your bra strap, then you will know for sure and you will also know how many months it will take you to reach your goal, based on your average monthly growth.

My Reggie is as follows:
-DC weekly with Argan oil one and only Restoration Mask
-I blow dry my hair as I was getting ssk's from airdrying I will try again in the summer.
-I moisturize with argan oil, silk elements moisturizing cream, and cantu shea butter leave in treatment

congrats! you're hair is beautiful! coupla questions: where do you get your argon oil from? i've been wanting to try moroccan oil for some time, and i am wondering if it has some thickening properties.

has blow drying helped with the ssks? i'm having a time with thim right now! i tried the straightening thing, but the heat strips away my curl pattern too much.

Oh no:nono: Let me clarify, when I cowash i usually put in individual braids and let it airdry until morning and then do a braidout and pin up for the next day.

Nice work, OP! Your hair looks great! keep it up and you'll def be BSL this year.

I'm curious about your Reggie though. Do you blow-dry everytime you co wash as well?

I got my argan oil from ULTA and it is the organix morracan argan oil. I use very little because my hair can get weighed down at times so this has worked good for me.

And yes blowdrying has helped with ssk's which really shocked me because I was a faithful airdryer. I am thinking it is the winter cold and as soon as spring comes around I will be going back to my airdrying:yep:

congrats! you're hair is beautiful! coupla questions: where do you get your argon oil from? i've been wanting to try moroccan oil for some time, and i am wondering if it has some thickening properties.

has blow drying helped with the ssks? i'm having a time with thim right now! i tried the straightening thing, but the heat strips away my curl pattern too much.

Back