Aphoghee 4 Days After Relaxer???

janeemat

Hi Ladies, I did my relaxer on Saturday. Which came out very nice, I might add. So many thanks to all of you self relaxers for all of the tips:grin: On my Wed wash this week I would like to do my hard core aphoghee treatment. I normally wait exactly one week, but I want to do it on Wed and then do my rinse/color on Sat. Is it ok to do a protein treatment 4 days after a relaxer?

Junebug D

Some people say that they experience reversion if they do a hard protein treatment that soon after a relaxer. I did an Emergencee treatment about 5 days after my last relaxer, and I ended up with a few crinkled strands that weren't there before. :ohwell: I'd wait a while longer, and just do a lighter protein for now; just to be safe.

ceebee3

I like to do mine before I relax and then emergencee a few days later.

I wish it would revert my relaxer,I wouldn't have to worry about transitioning. :lachen:

I've done the 2 step a few days after a relaxer with no problems.

janeemat

Reversion:look::look::look:??? I certainly don't want that. I'd better wait until Saturday then. That would be exactly one week.

nymane

I'm confused...how does a protein treatment revert freshly relaxed hair? I don't see anything wrong with doing a protein treatment 4 days after...did you do one before?

Junebug D

Maybe not "revert" in the sense of removing the relaxer", but some people have experienced frizzies & crinklies afterwards. I know I did end up with some crinklies that weren't there after I shampooed, but appeared after I rinsed out the Emergencee. Maybe it just "enhances" areas that were already underprocessed? :ohwell: I don't know. I've read here that people have experienced something similar. So to be on the safe side, if there's no pressing need to do it then & there, I wouldn't.

janeemat

I'm confused...how does a protein treatment revert freshly relaxed hair? I don't see anything wrong with doing a protein treatment 4 days after...did you do one before?

Yes, I did one the week before. Actually 3 wks straight because my hair was suffering from not enough protein. My hair is much stronger because of them and I lost just a little hair during my relaxer process.

LushLox

I think it is better to do the 2 step before the relaxer because you are preparing the hair for a chemical service thus strengthening it as much as possible. I would be a bit worried to do the 2 step on freshly relaxed hair I would opt for a lighter protein treatment post relaxer. Just my 2 cents...

nymane

Yes, I did one the week before. Actually 3 wks straight because my hair was suffering from not enough protein. My hair is much stronger because of them and I lost just a little hair during my relaxer process.

Well I don't know then, that seems like a lot of protein, but everyone's hair is different...maybe a lighter protein for now would be better? Not sure...your hair looks great though :)

janeemat

I may opt for the Sebastian Pentraitt. It's not as harsh. I will see how my hair looks on Wed. Thanks to all of you ladies.

JJamiah

I'd go with a mild protein :)
I do the HardCore 1 week before the relaxer, and a mild protein the week after

ladylibra_30

I'd go with a mild protein :)
I do the HardCore 1 week before the relaxer, and a mild protein the week after

I agree with JJamiah. I do:

• Dudley DRC-28 1 week pre-touchup w/ heat (no conditioning cap)
  • Reconstructor (Mizani) after rinsing relaxer from scalp and hair (3 minutes)
  • Reconstructor (Keraphix) 1 week post-touchup (15-20 minutes w/heat and conditioning cap)

LushLox

^^^What do you think of the Dudley's? I'm thinking of buying it before my next touch up.

ladylibra_30

^^^What do you think of the Dudley's? I'm thinking of buying it before my next touch up.

Go ahead and buy it...you'll be pleased :yep: I always say it's the Mercedes Benz of proteins!

I clarify my hair first then rinse with purified/distilled water
Spray 1 oz (I have short hair) all over concentrating on the ends
Sit under a warm dryer for 20 minutes with no conditioning cap (I don't touch my hair as it starts to harden)
Allow the hair to cool off and then rinse thoroughly and deep condition (w/heat and conditioning cap for 30 minutes) with a moisturizing conditioner.

Hair is stronger, thicker, and lush.