Anyone updated their regimen for the Spring?

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I think I am narrowing it down to what is working for my hair!!! This is what I will do until Summer. I plan to wear more braidouts and wash and go styles this summer.

Shampoo: M/T shampoo
Conditioner: Ultra Hydrating Balm, Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Deep Conditioner:Leklair Cholesteral mixed with Olive Oil
Protein Treatment: Emergencee and GPB
Oil: Jojoba, Castor, Rosemary mixed together
Leave In: Rusk smoothie, Lacio Lacio, John Frieda Serum
Clarify: suave clarify shampoo, V05 Kiwi Clarifyier conditioner
Daily moisturizer: NTM leave in and Jojoba mixed together

Wash twice a week, Deep condition once a week, Protein treatment every two weeks.

yep...i usually would just use shea butter for the winter months and shampoo whenever, but now that the heat is up and humidity is thicker, i've been using leave-in with coconut oil instead of shea butter...

thats pretty much the only thing i changed

mrslee said:
I think I am narrowing it down to what is working for my hair!!! This is what I will do until Summer. I plan to wear more braidouts and wash and go styles this summer.

Shampoo: M/T shampoo
Conditioner: Ultra Hydrating Balm, Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Deep Conditioner:Leklair Cholesteral mixed with Olive Oil
Protein Treatment: Emergencee and GPB
Oil: Jojoba, Castor, Rosemary mixed together
Leave In: Rusk smoothie, Lacio Lacio, John Frieda Serum
Clarify: suave clarify shampoo, V05 Kiwi Clarifyier conditioner
Daily moisturizer: NTM leave in and Jojoba mixed together

Wash twice a week, Deep condition once a week, Protein treatment every two weeks.

I like ur regimen my other hair twin...I think I will implement a couple of elements of your regimen into mine for the spring/summer '05...like the oils and the emergencee with the gpb...the salerm wg...I eyed the rusk today...couldn't part with the 11 bucks right now...but I will for the summer...

How is the Suave Clarifying Shampoo? I was using the V05 Kiwi Clarifying Poo...not feeling so much...I do like the the Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner..that I'm keeping. I don't clarify a lot...so I don't want to spend a lot. Yes, I have my cheap moments..:look:

Here's what I'll be doing (I changed again, LOL)...

Conditioner wash once-twice a week with Suave Professionals Humectant (no poo method)
Deep condition with LeKair Cholesterol Plus w/ Hot 6 Oil
Leave-in: NTM Silk Touch Cream
Style hair in a wet bun, Use S-Curl for moisture and Citre Shine Gel to smooth and for shine & hold, wrap a track of hair around the bun for a fuller look, change position of bun after each wash.
If hair gets dry, spray water and apply some product if needed
If hair gets frizzy, use Citre Shine Wound Up Curling Mousse

If I want to wear my hair down, I'll do the rollerset, airdry, Maxiglide thing which will probably be once a month or every 2-3 months or on a special occasion.

Last edited:
MonaLisa said:
I like ur regimen my other hair twin...I think I will implement a couple of elements of your regimen into mine for the spring/summer '05...like the oils and the emergencee with the gpb...the salerm wg...I eyed the rusk today...couldn't part with the 11 bucks right now...but I will for the summer...

How is the Suave Clarifying Shampoo? I was using the V05 Kiwi Clarifying Poo...not feeling so much...I do like the the Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner..that I'm keeping. I don't clarify a lot...so I don't want to spend a lot. Yes, I have my cheap moments..:look:
Hey Hair Twin!! :wave:
I dont use much of the Suave clarifying shampoo, it is really potent and a little goes a long way. I only use it when I know I have a lot of buildup. The bottle was 99c and I have had it for 3 months now and it is still considered a full bottle. I use the Kiwi conditioner the most because I love the way it makes my hair feel.

mrslee said:
Hey Hair Twin!! :wave:
I dont use much of the Suave clarifying shampoo, it is really potent and a little goes a long way. I only use it when I know I have a lot of buildup. The bottle was 99c and I have had it for 3 months now and it is still considered a full bottle. I use the Kiwi conditioner the most because I love the way it makes my hair feel.

LOL...Why am I mad at ...I've had it for 3 months now...and it is still considered..a full bottle :lol: ...lol..I may break down and spend the extra and just get the Keracare 1st Lather...it'll last me like forever...

Yup, I likes the Kiwi conditioner as well!

Which GPB are u using? the old formula or the new one??

Yes--- I have totally done a 360 turn for my Spring regimen

Wash Hair 2 X a Week
Profectiv Healthy Ends on ends of hair prior to Shampoo
Loreal Color Vive Daily Conditioner
!!!!!!Deep Conditioning Challenger!!!!!
Loreal Color Vive Hair Masque --- mini deep condition 5 to 10 minutes tops!
Lekair Cholesterol or Wella Kolesterol - deep condition once a week
Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Creme Shampoo Nights and one night in between--3X

Light or Heavy Protein Treatment on around the 15th of every month
TIGI DUMB Blonde Reconstructor - Light Protein Conditioner
Redken Extreme - Light Protein Conditioner
Nexxus Emergencee - Heavy Protein

I will be adding UBH conditioner and moisturizer,Barry Fletcher Oil to my regimen other wise still the same.

MonaLisa said:
LOL...Why am I mad at ...I've had it for 3 months now...and it is still considered..a full bottle :lol: ...lol..I may break down and spend the extra and just get the Keracare 1st Lather...it'll last me like forever...

Yup, I likes the Kiwi conditioner as well!

Which GPB are u using? the old formula or the new one??

Well go on with your bad self and get Keracare! I cant get at a local store in my town, I would have to order. I am on the no ordering challenge for two months right now! LOL!

I am still using the old formula, my wholefood store doesnt re-order very often. They have tons of the old still!

I think I will be incorporating more conditioner washes to my regimen to keep my hair moisturized and also avoid manipulation. Also I want to experiment with some more curl defining products that give a stronger hold such as PM Wax works and see if it will help.

I just added a conditioner wash to my regimen so now I will be washing 2x a week. I will also be doing more braidouts intead of rollerset. Hopefully by the summer when I lose some more of these relaxed ends I can do a wash n go.

Not much difference :
shampoo - Nexxus Therappe or Botanoil
conditioner - Humectress with Botanic oil or Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm
protein - Keraphix or Aphogee Treatment
hot oil - L'Oreal Nature's Therapy...
leave-in - Lacio Lacio or Humectress
daily moisturizer - S-Curl or Na-PCA

The only new thing that I'll be doing in the spring is more conditioner washes. I love wetting my hair.

I may get braids in a few weeks, too.

Nope, mine will basically stay the same. The only thing I might start doing is conditioner washes with dominican conditioners, but I'm not completely sure yet.

well my hair has been looking rough and tough these days so I plan on making more of an attempt for it to look decent after I relax again which will be in the next week or so. Im tired of looking like a mad woman and my hair pulled back from my head (its BIG...lol) is not becoming of me. Im going to still stay away from direct heat except occasionally flat ironing with my CHI, but plan to do more rollersets, twistouts, and braidouts, creating loose updos with those styles. I would also like to go from washing once a week, back to washing 2-3 times a week since I plan to start exercising more. My products will stay the same though, although Im on the hunt for a good moisturizer.

I think I am going to let some products fade out and just keep my staples. I will continue wash twice week with heat, and heavy protein every 6 weeks.

Staples

Humecto
Joico
GPB
Sebastian :lol:

I will continue with the "Scarf Method" Sylver2 recently shared when I go to bed since it is working very well for me, especially as I stretch my relaxer. It's less manipulation, moisturizing and very safe. I'm going to do this with a braidout also. Everything else will stay the same, washing & conditioning 2x per week, no heat.

I'm doing CO washes more often (every 2 days), but still shampooing once a week. I've started twisting my hair up and clipping it to keep the dryness on the underside of my hair and ends to a minimum, and I moisturize twice a day with Profectiv Healthy Ends. I keep a scarf on my hair at home to keep the heat from sapping it of moisture.

I will be starting to take alfalfa this week. I hope I don't have any adverse effects. :confused: I will also try to increase my protein (besides red meat...like eggs and oysters). Did you all know that oysters have 28% protein and 60% of the daily value for iron? I LOVE them. I eat the smoked oysters in the can by Crown Prince. They're like .99 to 1.16, so very cheap. I'll be eating more boiled eggs, and incorporating carrot juice into my diet.

Back