Anyone Tried/using Soap Nut 'shampoo'?

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Hey, guys! I had never heard of soap nuts (which is actually a berry), let alone the use of it as an all natural shampoo. I hadn't been looking for anything new to try on my hair (honest), but came across the below article after viewing an Anthony Dickey WnG video on the same site. The soap nut shell contains saponins, a natural cleansing agent, and the blogger even stated she didn't feel the need for conditioner afterwards. I am intrigued so I plan to try this over the weekend (already ordered the nut shells).

If you've used soap nut shampoo, I'd love to hear about your experience. Thx.

(Article: http://yournaturalhair.com/soap-nut-shampoo-perfect-cleanser-dry-natural-hair/)

I haven't used it as a shampoo as yet, but soapnuts are the same thing as aritha powder from the indian grocery stores. I use it/them for laundry. I'm gonna try it as a shampoo in the powder form.

I haven't used it as a shampoo as yet, but soapnuts are the same thing as aritha powder from the indian grocery stores. I use it/them for laundry. I'm gonna try it as a shampoo in the powder form.
I've made/used the shampoo several times from the nut shells and it works great as a cleanser. Not as conditioning for me as claimed, but a nice alternative to traditional shampoo.

Back