Any Non-SDA Sabbath Keepers in the Forum?

shinyblackhair

I'm curious to know where or how you worship. Do you gather with other Sabbath Keepers? I have some unresolved "issues" with the SDA church (of which I'm technically still a member) but, do believe in the biblical sabbath. I do not attentd church at all due to the issues...Just wondering if anyone on this forum adheres to the sabbath, but don't necessarily follow the 27 (or 28) fundatmentals of the traditional SDA church...

Thanks!

Yes, I'm one! Look up The Church of God 7th Day, there are branches in Canada, I've been to one in Toronto, there may be one in Ontario.

I'm always sad because I don't visit the board during Sabbath hours so can't respond to the Happy Sabbath threads in time :(

Yes, I'm one! Look up The Church of God 7th Day, there are branches in Canada, I've been to one in Toronto, there may be one in Ontario.

I'm always sad because I don't visit the board during Sabbath hours so can't respond to the Happy Sabbath threads in time :(

Didn't know you were a fellow Sabbath keeper Pooki (either that or I forgot)! :bighug: I just met a girl from Toronto who is a member of the COG 7th day! Now I have to contact her! Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks ladies! I'm going to look into finding some place to at least go and visit. I have heard of 7th day COG (my mom is regular Sunday keeping COG) but, we haven't yet been brave enough to look into visiting.

Thanks again!

Interesting. Question for the COGs...Pookiwah maybe you can answer. Is the only difference between 7th day COG and Sunday-going COG's the Sabbath issue? I believe that's how it is for 7th-day Baptists and Mennonites.

Do the congregations still get together for activities?

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the beliefs of Sunday keeping COGs, I am really rather ignorant of the doctrines of other denominations to be honest.

If I am correct I think most Sunday churches believe that once saved/baptised, rather than inheriting the renewed earth people will enjoy eternal life in heaven, celebrate Christmas, eat meats defined as unclean in the Old Testament, etc all of which my church do not do/believe.

ETA: Your last Q divya, what kinds of activities are you referring to? Youth/women's/men's fellowship, social events, etc.?

Last edited:
AME stands for African Methodist Episcopal. I grew up in another denomination, but joined AME because of my husband. I'm still adjusting. If you didn't grow up AME, it takes some time to get used to it.

Back