After getting my hair relaxed . . .

Glib Gurl

Hey

How soon after getting my hair relaxed can/should I poo and condition? (I anticipate doing an intense workout only the day after my next relaxer and I'd like to wash out the funk.) Any particular things I should use or avoid using?

dlewis

I have on many occassions wash the day after a relaxer. But I know I do strange things so...........

I don't see a problem with washing the day after.

beana

i try to wait at least 3 days afterwards... but i normally dont poo and condition until a week after.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Like DLewis I have been know to wash my hair the next day with no problem. I would suggest using a clarifying/neturizing poo to ensure that all of the relaxer is out.

Sequoia

i tend to wash about 2 or so days after relaxing; i get paranoid that the stylist might not have washed out all traces of the relaxer.
after my last relaxer, washed with ORS aloe shampoo, used porosity control and did an aphogee treatment as well.

i figure it doesn't really matter how many days after i relax, it doesn't revert 'cos it's a permanent chemical process, so why not? but that's just me.

Lovelylocs

I would wash anywhere btwn 3 to 7 days after getting a retouch. Make sure u do a protein treatment. :)

pistachio

I usually wait 7-10 days but that's just me. I've washed it the next day w/ no problem if I suspect some chemical is still left in.

envybeauty

Hey

How soon after getting my hair relaxed can/should I poo and condition? (I anticipate doing an intense workout only the day after my next relaxer and I'd like to wash out the funk.) Any particular things I should use or avoid using?

Personally, I like to do a protein treatment @ the next wash. Other than that, nothing different. I would think you could wash the next day with no problems.

Glib Gurl

Wow. Thanks ladies - now here's a followup question -- is using a protein treatment the same as using a reconstructor? Should I use a more mild reconstructor after a relaxer?