Afro Categories: TWA, TA, Afro, BA, BAA

Wow LadyLibra that's a fierce fro!!!!

If I brush my hair and use an afro pick I could probably hide my grandbaby and cat in there

I LOVED the pics. The beautiful hair! but it really clarifies why I think there is such a misconception about type 4 (& type 3 for that matter). Most people when thinking of natural think of the big Michael Jackson afros, but in REALITY, that is just what the CURLS look like when picked out. Maybe that's why people are so shocked when they see naturals like LadyLibra (4 ex) with coils/curls vs when she had it picked out in those photos. I think with this board people really are discovering what type 4 & type 3 hair really looks like when healthy. I mean, have you noticed that the healthier the hair becomes, it suddenly looks like a diff texture when in reality it's what the texture was supposed to look like. Am I making any sense? Forgive me, I have a PMS headache!

I think i'm somewhere between A and BA...this is me today. Froin' & Flowin'

collage10-1.jpg

I love Firecracker's pic! She looks like Pam Grier!

I would have had a really nice size fro now, but i cut my hair all off. i got a twa again, but i'm not cutting it this time. thanks for the inspiration.!

How did I miss this thread?!?!? I was wondering when I could leave the TWA stage. I think I have moved on up to TA!! Yay!!!!!

here is my twa

c:\documents and settings\hp_administrator\my documents\my pictures\dec 16 my big chop
c:\documents and settings\hp_administrator\my documents\my pictures\feb 20 arro twa

Attachments

• Dec 19 My big Chop 002.jpg
    Dec 19 My big Chop 002.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 5
  • Feb 20 Afro TWA 002.jpg
    Feb 20 Afro TWA 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Feb 20 Afro TWA 004.jpg
    Feb 20 Afro TWA 004.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I love this. My sister is working her way to a BA (Big Afro). If I had enough hair to have a Big *** Afro I would so go natural in a heartbeak. Beautiful!

shrugs I didn't know I had a big afro I don't consider mine or even some bigger big afros. When I think big afro I think jackson 5 or bigger

I've never done an afro before, but I suspect it would be a Big Afro...Lovely heads of hair in here, though!

Back