Additional Inches? whats your take

zailless

So at the start of the year, I measured my hair root to tip 9 inches. (New years day).
I have been taking 10 mg of biotin and hair fitness since november last year, plus vit c, efas, calcium etc twice a day. by jan 1 i figured that i loaded it enough in my system months before to look for growth in 2 or 3 months.

my view of growth is that since i am used to getting .5 inches per month that if i happen to get an extra .25 inches that i wouldnt be able to tell until it adds up to a whole extra inch a few months later.

that is if my .5 inch becomes .75 per month then i wouldnt be able to pick that up due to measuring inaccuracies etc until maybe month 4 when i can say beyond a doubt i got 4 inches.

This is the beginning of march the third month into that 4 month test and i tested the back of my hair, the middle and the front. its still only 10 inches, which means i got 1 inch or .5 per mth as expected. the only weird thing i notice where pockets of outlyer strands that grew to 11 inches. they are just a minority set of strands in each braid that would pop off i think if combed really harsh.

my conclusion: its very hard to push the body beyond its normal way of operating. i will wait till month 4 after which i will give up the excess vits if i dont see the extra growth.

That was a very smart, and meticulous, way of figuring out how to measure the change. Initially my eyes glazed over when i saw all the numbers ("math," lol), but i forced myself to start all over and read on, because i was really interested in what you had found, and what you had to say.

Im glad i did. I agree with your conclusion! It is very hard to push the body beyond its normal way of operating.... and that is with anything! It definitely takes time and patience, thats for sure.

But if you do decide to keep anything, i'd stick with the Biotin. Its helped thicken up my hair, and also gain length, and it does take a bit of time.... but i think its well worth it. :) Like yourself, i take 10 mg.

Really great post! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Back