A Prayer for Those Who Are In Authority in the USA

Nice & Wavy

This prayer is for President George W. Bush and for those who are also running for presidency. We also lift up the pastors and leaders who are doing God's will everyday.

It doesn't matter what he (George Bush) has done while in office, our job as believers in Jesus Christ is to pray, not to complain.

So, I ask all here to join me in praying for this country that we live in and where we have the freedom to live life filled with peace.

Blessings...N&W

This prayer below is from another person...I just thought it would be fitting to pray because it is powerful and effective. Thanks.

"I exhort therefore, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." (1 Tim. 2:1,2)

Just and Righteous Father, thank You for our leaders. We pray for all those in authority in the body of Christ, we pray for those in authority in this nation (USA). Those in government, those running for offices in goverment, those in school systems, in the legal system, in the media, in social services, in prisons, and all other positions of influence. That Your people may live quiet and peaceable lives in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in Your sight. You, LORD, have said "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked rule, the people mourn." Establish Your justice and make the wrong things right in our nation and our leadership.

Give us righteous leadership, LORD. Open a door of the gospel to any leaders who are not saved and born again. Let Your Word come to them and pierce their hearts. Let it be like fire and a hammer that breaks the rock into pieces. Let them joyfully receive Jesus as LORD and become children of God.

Just and Righteous Father, let the king's heart and the heart of every leader be in Your hand always. Turn them wherever You will. Turn all of our leaders hearts in the way of Your wisdom. Let their actions and words be in agreement with Your plans and purposes.

We pray, LORD, that Your people, throughout this whole nation, who are called by Your name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek Your face, and turn from any wicked ways. And we pray for Your forgiveness of our sins and the sin of our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, Your forgiveness of sin not leading to death, that Almighty God will give (us) and our brothers and sisters life.

John 5:16-17:
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.

Lord Jesus I ask that you would send Your Spirit and angels to the lofty places of power in every institution in this nation and the world, whether religious, government, or private, and that by Spirit You would disarm every worldly and evil intellect and intent that goes and stands against your will and that You would influence and cause these very same to carry our Your will and works to further and establish Your own kingdom.

I pray oh Lord, that You would grant us that battle in the heavenly places through prayers and intercession, and those of us who strategically serve for Your kingdom that You would protect our minds and grant us spiritual discernment that we would not become disabled by the deceptions of Satan.

We pray knowing You will hear from heaven, and will forgive sins, and heal our land. Blessed, loving Father, we pray that You will heal our land. We pray that You will pour Your mercy and grace upon us.

Let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in this nation, and in all the earth, as it is in heaven. Amen and Amen

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I so agree. The power of prayer never fails....

Thank you precious Wavy...:grouphug2:

tatje

This prayer is for President George W. Bush and for those who are also running for presidency. We also lift up the pastors and leaders who are doing God's will everyday.

It doesn't matter what he (George Bush) has done while in office, our job as believers in Jesus Christ is to pray, not to complain.

So, I ask all here to join me in praying for this country that we live in and where we have the freedom to live life filled with peace.

Blessings...N&W

This prayer below is from another person...I just thought it would be fitting to pray because it is powerful and effective. Thanks.

"I exhort therefore, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." (1 Tim. 2:1,2)

Just and Righteous Father, thank You for our leaders. We pray for all those in authority in the body of Christ, we pray for those in authority in this nation (USA). Those in government, those running for offices in goverment, those in school systems, in the legal system, in the media, in social services, in prisons, and all other positions of influence. That Your people may live quiet and peaceable lives in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in Your sight. You, LORD, have said "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked rule, the people mourn." Establish Your justice and make the wrong things right in our nation and our leadership.

Give us righteous leadership, LORD. Open a door of the gospel to any leaders who are not saved and born again. Let Your Word come to them and pierce their hearts. Let it be like fire and a hammer that breaks the rock into pieces. Let them joyfully receive Jesus as LORD and become children of God.

Just and Righteous Father, let the king's heart and the heart of every leader be in Your hand always. Turn them wherever You will. Turn all of our leaders hearts in the way of Your wisdom. Let their actions and words be in agreement with Your plans and purposes.

We pray, LORD, that Your people, throughout this whole nation, who are called by Your name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek Your face, and turn from any wicked ways. And we pray for Your forgiveness of our sins and the sin of our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, Your forgiveness of sin not leading to death, that Almighty God will give (us) and our brothers and sisters life.

John 5:16-17:
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.

Lord Jesus I ask that you would send Your Spirit and angels to the lofty places of power in every institution in this nation and the world, whether religious, government, or private, and that by Spirit You would disarm every worldly and evil intellect and intent that goes and stands against your will and that You would influence and cause these very same to carry our Your will and works to further and establish Your own kingdom.

I pray oh Lord, that You would grant us that battle in the heavenly places through prayers and intercession, and those of us who strategically serve for Your kingdom that You would protect our minds and grant us spiritual discernment that we would not become disabled by the deceptions of Satan.

We pray knowing You will hear from heaven, and will forgive sins, and heal our land. Blessed, loving Father, we pray that You will heal our land. We pray that You will pour Your mercy and grace upon us.

Let Your kingdom come and Your will be done in this nation, and in all the earth, as it is in heaven. Amen and Amen

This is exactly what I am feeling right now as far as leadership. Mourning. Yet this prayer is so severelly needed. I do believe in prayer for our leaders of any form to be leaders of God and lead with the holy spirit at heart. When they become right, I know that the nation and everything else will better fall into place. Thank you N&W.

Nice & Wavy

This is exactly what I am feeling right now as far as leadership. Mourning. Yet this prayer is so severelly needed. I do believe in prayer for our leaders of any form to be leaders of God and lead with the holy spirit at heart. When they become right, I know that the nation and everything else will better fall into place. Thank you N&W.

You are welcome, tatje.

This is also a reminder for us to remember too that we are ministers of reconciliation, so this also applies to us as believers.

Blessings and thanks for posting!

shalom

tatje - ITA with the bolded. NW, I have prayed in agreement with you as well.

Thank you for reminding us that we need to pray for those in position of influence over our land.

Blessings.