4b's who stretch longer than 6-8 weeks, what products are you using?

meka

Im about 10 or 12 weeks post. I only stretched b/c I was in braids. I can't afford to get my hair re-braided right now and I don't want to relax it just yet. So what styles are you ladies doing and what products are you using to help your stretch?

Low manipulation, Cantu Shea butter on the demarcation line, continue to cowash every 3 days (apply condish like a relaxer and rinse, no scrubbing the scalp)

I am 11ks post and i always Bun and the products i use to help with my stretch Scurl,Proline softner moisturizer,Hairveda Whipped ends hydration,Qhemet olive & honey balm and the root burdock butter.

From touchup to 7 weeks post, I wear a variety of styles. After 7 weeks to touchup at 13 weeks, I wear spiral sets to blend the new growth.

Method: Bunning.

Products:

NTM Silk Touch
Hairveda Whipped cream
Shescentit Hair Butter
Mane & Tail Detangler
Banana Brulee, Fortifying Masque & Strinillah DC's

I DC on dry hair with AO WC, HSR, or Islands Naturals then co-wash with Suave Naturals Conditioner or v05 moisture milks, use HE LTR leave-in...braid out (air-dry), roller set (hooded dryer), flexi rods (air-dry or hooded)

Clarify when needed with ORS Aloe Shampoo
Moisturizing poo Breathru

Protein when needed: Light:AO GPB; Med: Nexxus; Hardcore: Aphogee

M&S twice daily with HE LTR or Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme...seal w/ Africa's Best Herbal Oil

I have dry, brillo pad 4b hair. When I stretch, I like to use s-curl. It's the only thing that truly loosens my curl pattern and softens my hair. I also like garnier fructis sleek and shine leave- in conditioner. It's good at defining your curl pattern as well as hydrating the hair. The only downside is; product buildup with frequent use, and cones.

Both of these products helped me to retain length while stretching. As for styling, I wear my hair in single braids under a wig. If you don't like wigs, these products are great for twist outs and braid-outs.

Back