2016 Manetabolism Vitamin Challenge

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Ok finally took my braids out. It was most definitely time. Don't kill me y'all but I must have deleted my pic from before I got my braids but I was at the 5'inch mark on like November 24. I got a much needed trim so here I am now. Right at 6 inches.

Okay so I'm on my 16th bottle so I can officially say that this has done nothing for shedding, thickness or my nails. I am getting length though because when I started in October of 2014 my hair barely touch the white part of the shirt.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Got a fresh set of beehive braids. My next length check will be more accurate since I won't need to get a trim. I average about 3/4 inches a month with manetabolism. Starting today I'm going to start drinking the egg waistlength cocktail to see if I can get a full inch.

scarcity21

Ok I'm joining this challenge but I have a few questions...
@NaturallyBri87, what brand msm and garlic pills are you taking?
Do you notice any bodily odors with the garlic pills? How much zinc is everyone taking?
Are you guys taking both pills at the same time?

I took 2 bottles of Hairfinity and I noticed itching scalp but no breakouts. With manetabolism I do not notice the itchy scalp but I'm breaking out...I'm still on my 1st bottle and I've been taking for 2-3 weeks now.
TIA!!!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@scarcity21 i take now brand msm powder and vitamin shoppe garlic. I'm almost done with the bottle and won't be repurchasing. I'm going to eat a garlic clove a day instead. I don't notice any body odors with the garlic

I take 50 mg...or mcg..can't remember which one it is of natures bounty zinc. I take both pills a day with no breakouts.

scarcity21

@scarcity21 i take now brand msm powder and vitamin shoppe garlic. I'm almost done with the bottle and won't be repurchasing. I'm going to eat a garlic clove a day instead. I don't notice any body odors with the garlic

I take 50 mg...or mcg..can't remember which one it is of natures bounty zinc. I take both pills a day with no breakouts.

@NaturallyBri87 thanks for replying...do u take both pills at the same time or 1 in the morning and 1 at night?

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
I just took down my braids. Im impressed with the results, but I dont have any objective data/proof. Also I took these in combination with applying hair trigger. Ive never been one to take pics. Is there some type of tutorial for pic taking to document hair growth? I know my hair got major growth and now im motivated for the first time in my hair journey to share. I think im going to develop my own method for those women with slow to nonexistent hair growth/retention. I am the poster child for that group.

BMG regimen:

B- Braids. Medium to large sized braids preferably self installed using light tension. 1.5 to 2 month left in with rebraiding of front and back braids at approx 3 weeks.

M-Manetabolism vitamins as directed twice daily with increased water intake. May be any hair vitamin that is best suited for you.

G-Growth Oil. Growth oil applied to scalp approx three times a week. Hair trigger being the preferred brand, but may to substituted.

Follow regimen for a year. I started in August. I started Manetabolism and Hair trigger in December.

So Sept, Oct, Nov...not impressed. Month and a half after starting the regimen, totally floored.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@coolhandlulu as far as length checks go...just grab a piece of your hair..pull it down and take a picture. or get soft measuring tape and see how many inches you have so you can know exactly how much growth you're getting a month. congrats on your growth!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm about to start my third bottle tomorrow. From December 1st to now (Feb. 3rd), my hair has definitely grown about an inch. In March, I will buy another 6 month supply to keep this going. I want to grow/retain as much as possible.

curlyTisME

I haven't experienced any breakouts or shedding. I'm happy about that.

I'll be back to my biweekly salon visits on the 12th. Me and doing my hair nah I'll pass. I'm lazy!

MsSanz92

Just ordered a 4 month supply last week. I'm on Day 5 as of today, and I'm hoping to get and retain at least 3 inches in the next 4 months. I might pick up the growth oil from The Mane choice and see how it works in conjunction with the vitamins, especially since I'll be protective styling until June

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@MsSanz92 I wanna try the growth oil too but I just don't want to pay regular price AND shipping. I'm gonna wait until she has a good sale which will probably be easter

MsSanz92

@MsSanz92 I wanna try the growth oil too but I just don't want to pay regular price AND shipping. I'm gonna wait until she has a good sale which will probably be easter

She had free shipping a couple of days ago and I ordered the Hydrating Shampoo and Green Tea and Carrot Mask on a whim. I later changed my mind and emailed the same day to cancel my order, but they already had prepared and shipped my order. Actually, no one responded to my request to cancel my order; they just sent me a shipping confirmation the next day. I'm even more annoyed that she has a no return policy; I don't think that's good customer service at all ESPECIALLY when I requested to cancel my order before it was shipped and no one responded to me. So once I get the products, I'm gonna re-sell them since I can't return them. I like Manetabolism but Courtney's customer service is not great and makes me reluctant to order more products from her

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
She had free shipping a couple of days ago and I ordered the Hydrating Shampoo and Green Tea and Carrot Mask on a whim. I later changed my mind and emailed the same day to cancel my order, but they already had prepared and shipped my order. Actually, no one responded to my request to cancel my order; they just sent me a shipping confirmation the next day. I'm even more annoyed that she has a no return policy; I don't think that's good customer service at all ESPECIALLY when I requested to cancel my order before it was shipped and no one responded to me. So once I get the products, I'm gonna re-sell them since I can't return them. I like Manetabolism but Courtney's customer service is not great and makes me reluctant to order more products from her

Their poor customer service is the reason I stopped ordering from her. No reason why I should have to call and email multiple times only to be ignored. When I went off on their Facebook post they decided to reply, but not before deleting my post. Then not only did it still take me almost a month to get my order, I had 2 bottles missing pills. I was done after that.

MsSanz92

Their poor customer service is the reason I stopped ordering from her. No reason why I should have to call and email multiple times only to be ignored. When I went off on their Facebook post they decided to reply, but not before deleting my post. Then not only did it still take me almost a month to get my order, I had 2 bottles missing pills. I was done after that.

See that's what gets me! I want to support Black businesses but I cannot deal with bad customer service. If you could send me an email confirming my shipping, why can't you reply to the two previous emails I sent regarding cancelling my order? Even if you could not, why didn't anyone respond to me before sending out the shipping confirmation?

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
What are the ingredients in the growth oil?

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Biotin, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Silica, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract