2015 Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic, Powders/Clay, Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'll still be using henna, Kalpi Tone, sukesh, bhringraj/maka infused EVCO, and the HV Methi Sativa set.

I love Ayurvedic treatments!

Wenbev

May not post as regularly but I'll be using tea rinses, homeade teas steeped in oils, henna, cassia, bentonite and red clays. :grin: and essential oils too

Krystle~Hime

I'm in.
I want to use my stash but at the same time I need new herbs :nono:

Here we go:Horsetail, nettle, colsfoot, sage, marshmallow root, henna, amla, brahma, maka.
Need to buy before new year's eve :catnip, burdock, marshmallow root powder, and fenugreek powder (already got some marshmallow root and fenugreek but not in powder form)

Rozlewis

Still planning to use a plethora of teas, coffees, ACV, and ayurvedic powders. I will post specific details each time I use them.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks for the tag T. As of right now, this is what my hair responds well to ACV, AVJ, Fenugreek, Marshmellow root, Green Tea and Nettle. I need to get around to experimenting powders but I like what I'm using right now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Firstborn2

Welcome Back!:grin:

I'm a Tea Toodler too!:lick:

But I will do an occasional Henna/Indigo and an occasional ACV Rinse.

Not too much on Powders or Ayurvedic unless it comes already mixed in a product.:lol:

Ltown

Greyland
I don't have a routine mixture it's grab and go for me. I get my teas usually from vitacost.horsetail, nettles, burdock and black teas are the most commons teas I use. I will get herbs from grocery store like rosemary, and sage.

CodeRed

IDareT'sHair

Thanks again for the tag!!! I think I'm going to do a mud wash this Friday and will continue this ritual as the first wash after a relaxer... Will be using my AVG until it's gone and will not repurchase for hair but it works on my face... Will also use ACV as a rinse before shampooing with every relaxer to neutralize.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Hey :wave:IDareT'sHair

I've been hanging with the green tea/avj on the scalp but I think I will start to dabble again. I need some ideas though... I workout in the water now for at least 2 days a week so my needs are changing. I'll be watching this thread.

ronie

Thanks for the tag.
Will be using:
APB auurvedic hair mask. I am currently reading a lot on henna. If I decide to try it, I willbe posting in here.

Duchess007

Thanks for the tag, IDareT'sHair!

In 2015, I'm sticking with henna (alternating henna treatments with henna glosses every other week) ACV rinses, clay washes, and aloe vera juice leave-in. Thinking of adding tea rinses somewhere in my regi, but not until I've gone through a couple of cycles of my normal routine.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm currently using shikakai, brahmi, henna, Irish moss, slippery elm, and marshmallow root. I use warm water, olive oil, and egg to mix with various powders for washing and conditioning.

Ltown

Greyland
Green Tea Rinse:

To add softness and shine to your hair, use green tea to rinse your hair.
Brew two cups of green tea and let it cool down.
After you have shampooed your hair, rinse you hair with green tea.
Let it sit for 5 mins before you rinse your hair with cold water.
Green Tea Hair Spray:

Brew two cups of green tea and add it to a spray bottle.
Spray green tea to the roots of your hair, leave it on for 20-30 mins and shampoo as usual.
You can also use flavored green tea to add a nice fragrance to your hair.

Source
http://www.indianbeautyspot.com/2013/06/green-hair-spray.html#_

Leo24Rule

I'll still be using henna, Kalpi Tone, sukesh, bhringraj/maka infused EVCO, and the HV Methi Sativa set.

I love Ayurvedic treatments!

You make your own hair oil? I'm interested in that as well with maybe Amla, Bhrami, Bhringraj, and Shikakai infused oil with parts EVCO and Jojoba Oil. Have you ever incorporated a sulfur or biotin in your oils before?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Have no idea what imma use this year.

Still using Ayuvedic brand dc regularly tho.

Just got my beloved bamboo tea in the mail. Will drink and rinse with that.

Thinking of making henna oil

Leo24Rule

Thanks for the tag, @IDareT'sHair!

In 2015, I'm sticking with henna (alternating henna treatments with henna glosses every other week) ACV rinses, clay washes, and aloe vera juice leave-in. Thinking of adding tea rinses somewhere in my regi, but not until I've gone through a couple of cycles of my normal routine.

You probably get this a lot, but has the henna changed your hair color yet? How long have you used henna? And what type/brand of henna do you use?

Leo24Rule

@IDareT'sHair thank you for the tag and this thread. I've been waiting for this thread and it's finally here!

As of recently I've been using tea rinses which I'm totally newbie trying as of last month. My concoction consists of organic black tea, green tea, and nettle tea in addition to coffee. I don't rinse out completely with cold water, but just run some cold water through the hair. Is that okay? I also use the same hair rinse concoction as a daily spritz. It's been doing the job= less shedding/hair fall.

Sometime next week I will purchase some more Sukesh powder and for the first time: fenugreek, marshmallow root, horsetail, catnip, Irish moss, slippery elm, and burdock.

I want to have a separate ingredients for a final rinse, spritz, and dc. On the hunt for an all natural dc. Fenugreek right?

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I'd like to join. I have many Ayurvedic powders, oil, cream, KJ Naturals Ayurvedic shampoo bars, and teas. I'll post when I use them.

I just ordered Raspberry Henna cream from Siamese Twists today.. can't wait to get it. I also have some Keravada oils that I haven't used up and APB Ayurvedic Cream.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I am going to give this another try and start small.

A green tea/aloe/marshmallow spritz.

I should be able to do that. That sounds yummy just thinking about it. I am using clay regularly, and I have a henna gloss I need to use up to.

cutiebe2

I wrote at the end of the other thread that I have tons of powders that I need to use. I am home for the holidays and found some more in my old room. Still havent figured out how I am going to incorporate everything. I know I want to make a spritz out of the Fenugreek because of the raves it gets. I will probably use Kalpi Tone, Bhringraj, Brahmi etc to make paste

One question: Has anyone mixed powders with Rhassoul clay? I searched and didnt see that mix.

I plan to check in weekly to write what combos I come up with!