2 month comparison pic (not much growth)

God_Favor

If anyone can tell me how to enlarge pic please let me know.

I just took out my curly weave that I got on Aug 14th. I took the hair last night and flat-ironed it w/ maxi-glide. I'm 4a-b natural and this thing has may hair soooo straight (my second max-glide rave).....

I'm not happy w/ my growth :ohwell::perplexed!!! My braids under the weave were so loose, I just knew I was going to see a difference :perplexed! So ladies, this is it 4 me!!! I'm going to go ahead and relax and get a cute bob!!! I'm still going to take care of my hair !!!!

Sorry for the bad pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 10-10-07.jpg
    10-10-07.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 89

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Umm, I don't know what you are tripping off of. I see thickness AND growth there. DO NOT cut your hair off!! Be patient woman :wallbash: I can see that you are starting to developing a "swing", it's there, i promise. DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR OFF.

Ms Red

ITA with Bre. Girl you are tripping. Do you see that tail in the back? How healthy, shiny and fuller your hair is? You had the weave in for 60 days. This is great progress! You are on your way to APL. I wouldn't cut a thing. :nono:

Happy Hair growing!! :)

God_Favor

Umm, I don't know what you are tripping off of. I see thickness AND growth there. DO NOT cut your hair off!! Be patient woman :wallbash: I can see that you are starting to developing a "swing", it's there, i promise. DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR OFF.

Thanks, but it looks the SAME to me-------I just can't see doing the baggy and bun thing all over again and getting such slow results---i had made new growth w/out any growth :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

Thanks again for the kind word!!

BlueEra

It looks like it's growing to me, but you have to have some patience! I know that personally, it takes me about 3 months before I can visually see the growth I have gained from my hair. I know how frustrating it can be to think that you've obtained all of this major growth and the end result looks disappointing, but your hair DID grow, just maybe not as fast as you wanted it to.

I remember a few days ago one of my friends was going through the same thing. She had a 4a/b TWA and was getting so sick of it not growing as fast as she wanted it to and ended up getting it relaxed on impulse. Now she regrets it :nono:

Your hair will look good either way it goes! Just dont be discouraged!

God_Favor

ITA with Bre. Girl you are tripping. Do you see that tail in the back? How healthy, shiny and fuller your hair is? You had the weave in for 60 days. This is great progress! You are on your way to APL. I wouldn't cut a thing. :nono:

Happy Hair growing!! :)

Thanks!! I can't see it AT all......

ladylibra

2 months??? how much growth were you expecting to see? if the average rate of growth is half an inch a month, your hair should've only grown an inch right?

take a deep breath in... hold it for a sec... breathe out... okay. if you want to relax then fine, more power to ya. if you're cutting your hair because you're getting some split ends off, cool. but to relax and chop it short and give up on your hair goals is a bit premature (based off of this post, i don't know what else you've had to go thru).

have a little more patience. i didn't go from 2 inches of coils to APL when straightened overnight... it took me 2.5 years. you gotta be in it for the long haul... you WILL see results and you'll be thrilled when you do! :grin:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Thanks, but it looks the SAME to me-------I just can't see doing the baggy and bun thing all over again and getting such slow results---i had made new growth w/out any growth :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

Thanks again for the kind word!!

Honey, what are you talking about. Do you think you are going to be butt length in 2 months?? You have GREAT growth, no lie. Your hair looks like it got about an inch, inch and a half longer. If you chose to cut your hair of course that is your right, but i'm telling you , stick it out for another 6 months and you will have awesome results with the right care. Your hair looks soo good girl!!!

God_Favor

It looks like it's growing to me, but you have to have some patience! I know that personally, it takes me about 3 months before I can visually see the growth I have gained from my hair. I know how frustrating it can be to think that you've obtained all of this major growth and the end result looks disappointing, but your hair DID grow, just maybe not as fast as you wanted it to.

I remember a few days ago one of my friends was going through the same thing. She had a 4a/b TWA and was getting so sick of it not growing as fast as she wanted it to and ended up getting it relaxed on impulse. Now she regrets it :nono:

Your hair will look good either way it goes! Just dont be discouraged!

Thanks for talking about the impulse thing. My fro has been the same size for 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to relax on impluse. Maybe I need a day or 2 to calm down???

atlien

You better stop it:naughty:.... I see some serious fullness and some growth. Alot of times people hair get fuller, before it starts to grow longer and fullness is always appreciated.

Do not cut it into a bob:nono:.....your hair is growing. I can not believe you can't see the difference. Some people with bobs would kill for your length:yep:.

God_Favor

Honey, what are you talking about. Do you think you are going to be butt length in 2 months?? You have GREAT growth, no lie. Your hair looks like it got about an inch, inch and a half longer. If you chose to cut your hair of course that is your right, but i'm telling you , stick it out for another 6 months and you will have awesome results with the right care. Your hair looks soo good girl!!!

I hear u , I have had tons of setbacks so I guess this is just adding 2 it. Thanks again!

elaine07

ITA w/ Bre~Bre...don't cut it! :nono:
I can see some growth. It looks like your hair is starting to grow in a V shape in the 2nd pic. Just try to be patient. K??

Studio_gal

There is definitely a difference - you hair looks a little longer and thicker. You were probably expecting a more dramatic increase which is why you can't see it.
Your hair looks nice. Keep doing what you're doing.

ladylibra

Thanks for talking about the impulse thing. My fro has been the same size for 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to relax on impluse. Maybe I need a day or 2 to calm down???

well let's find the culprit of why your fro has been the same size for 6 months. maybe something is weakening your ends and they are breaking off as fast as your hair is growing? we can try to help you change some things in your routine. i don't want you to give up... we all have setbacks. sometimes as your hair grows out its needs change. the only product i've been able to use since i BC'd is V05 for co-washing. my shorter hair liked oils, but my longer hair prefers creamy leave-ins. the front of my hair grows at half the rate the back does (and mullets are not cute :lachen: ).

you can get thru this... we'll help you! :circle:

Last edited:

God_Favor

well let's find the culprit of why your fro has been the same size for 6 months. maybe something is weakening your ends and they are breaking off as fast as your hair is growing? we can try to help you change some things in your routine. i don't want you to give up... we all have setbacks. sometimes as your hair grows out its needs change. the only product i've been able to use since i BC'd is V05 for co-washing. my shorter hair liked oils, but my longer hair prefers creamy leave-ins.

you can get thru this... we'll help you! :circle:

You ladies are toooo kind!!! I've been doing the baggy thing for my ends and it still the same size???!!!!! You really know your hair!

God_Favor

There is definitely a difference - you hair looks a little longer and thicker. You were probably expecting a more dramatic increase which is why you can't see it.
Your hair looks nice. Keep doing what you're doing.

U r right. I thought my hair was going to be the bomb-i could not believe all the new growth i had going on , I was HEATED when i saw it looked the same!

ladylibra

You ladies are toooo kind!!! I've been doing the baggy thing for my ends and it still the same size???!!!!! You really know your hair!

okay, you got the moisture part down... maybe you should look into doing protein treatments of some kind. i just did a post about using mayo and egg in my hair, and it has done wonders strengthening my hair. i'm trying to get to MBL so my hair needs all the strength it can get! :grin: do you manipulate your hair a lot normally? or wear it in "out" styles more than protective styles? i will admit i prefer to wear my hair out instead of braided/twisted... but last winter that killed my hair so this year i'm gonna suck it up and keep it protected until the weather warms up.

i did a lot of trial-and-error too... it didn't come overnight. shoot i'm still at it... LOL

God_Favor

You better stop it:naughty:.... I see some serious fullness and some growth. Alot of times people hair get fuller, before it starts to grow longer and fullness is always appreciated.

Do not cut it into a bob:nono:.....your hair is growing. I can not believe you can't see the difference. Some people with bobs would kill for your length:yep:.

Thanks, but I really don't see a change:perplexed:perplexed. Because of you ladies I'm going to give it a week b4 i make any decisions :grin::grin:don't want to do the impluse thing........................

Thanks agian!!!!

God_Favor

okay, you got the moisture part down... maybe you should look into doing protein treatments of some kind. i just did a post about using mayo and egg in my hair, and it has done wonders strengthening my hair. i'm trying to get to MBL so my hair needs all the strength it can get! :grin: do you manipulate your hair a lot normally? or wear it in "out" styles more than protective styles? i will admit i prefer to wear my hair out instead of braided/twisted... but last winter that killed my hair so this year i'm gonna suck it up and keep it protected until the weather warms up.

i did a lot of trial-and-error too... it didn't come overnight. shoot i'm still at it... LOL

Im going to find your post! I hardy flat-iron my hair-I do the baggy and slick the top and side w/ curl activator gel, I try to the aphogee treatment at least once every 2 months. I CO maybe 2 per week this is the only time I comb.................I did a lot of wash n gos during the summer--

Ms Red

Girl you got me playing with these photos and I don't even know how! :lachen:

I have attached a bootleg comparison photo. Now anyone who cannot tell the difference is coo-coo for cocoa puffs. You probably can't tell b/c it's your hair... but LadyLibra and the others are right. This is wonderful progres for barely 2 months (60 days exactly).

Please give it more than a week. A week won't do anything. Keep going like you are and you will be APL by April I think!

Attachments

• comparison.JPG
    comparison.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 14

Mestiza

Hold up, God_Favor! Hit the brakes!! Back away from the scissors!!!

I agree w/ the other posters! Your hair has DEFINITELY grown. :yep: It may not be visible to you b/c it's your hair and you see it more often than anyone else. I can relate b/c I feel that my hair is a lot shorter than it really is, sometimes. My friends think that I've lost my mind. :nuts: You should be smiling like this ----> :grin: b/c your hair has is growing and getting thicker.

God_Favor

I have attached a bootleg comparison photo. Now anyone who cannot tell the difference is coo-coo for cocoa puffs. You probably can't tell b/c it's your hair... but LadyLibra and the others are right. This is wonderful progres for barely 2 months (60 days exactly).

Please give it more than a week. A week won't do anything. Keep going like you are and you will be APL by April I think!

thanks cupcake!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay w/ ur side by side shot I see some difference--- I just exprcted more--but now i see some improvements--
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God_Favor

Hold up, God_Favor! Hit the brakes!! Back away from the scissors!!!

I agree w/ the other posters! Your hair has DEFINITELY grown. :yep: It may not be visible to you b/c it's your hair and you see it more often than anyone else. I can relate b/c I feel that my hair is a lot shorter than it really is, sometimes. My friends think that I've lost my mind. :nuts: You should be smiling like this ----> :grin: b/c your hair has is growing and getting thicker.

lol, thanks!! cupcake comparison pic has made up see that there is a little something going on

Mestiza

You did a great job w/ the comparison shot. :clap: Her hair thickness and growth is even more visible.

caligirl2385

YOUR HAIR LOOKS GOOD. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. I SEE SOME THICKNESS. FOR ME, MY HAIR GROWS VISABLY LONGER; THEN THE SIDES CATCH UP; THEN IT GROWS VISABLY LONGER AGAIN, ETC... MAYBE THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE.

BlueEra

I sat just calm down and ride it out. You will reach your goals in no time!

Sometimes what I have to do when become upset about setbacks or disappointed by the lack of progress, I imagine how long my hair will be 6 months from that point on and get excited about it. I know that even if I dont see growth 2-3 months from now, in 6 months I will be able to look back and say "dang, I was trippin for nothin!"

It helps a lot to thinks about the future rather than the present because for some people like me, it helps to keep me motivated and looking forward to better things and goals to come.

Two months is not a very long time to notice a good amount of growth if your hair grows at a slow pace. So try to keep your head up and you will make it!