What are your favorite type of rollers???

What is your favorite type of roller?

• Mesh

Votes: 40 10.8%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 154 41.5%
  • Snap-on Magnetic

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Flexi-rod

Votes: 46 12.4%
  • Perm rod

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Sponge

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Satin Covered Sponge (w/ or w/out clamp)

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • Crimp/Wave

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Solar

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Caruso

Votes: 34 9.2%

• Total voters

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

I have so many rollers that give different effects...let's see

1. Mesh- I love the quick drying time that I can get with these
2. Magnetic- smooth; there's actually nothing that i really hate about these
3. Snap-on Magentic- very easy to use when I'm just being lazy or if I'm tired. I don't really care about the dents, especially if I'm gonna wear it curly or wrap it.
4. Flexi-rod- I like them, but they take some getting used to
5. Perm rods- These are cool too, but I hate it when the rubber thing snaps back on my finger...ouch!
6. Sponge- didn't use for a long time. I didn't want to risk dryness and breakage
7. Satin covered Sponge (w/ clamp)- I like these, but I try not to roll them too tightly or else I'd end up with a big bouffant.
8. Satin covered Spong (w/ folding edges)- These are cool too
9) Crimp/Wave- I haven't even opened the packages yet, but I will use them sooner or later and update with pics!
10) Solar Rollers- Haven't been able to fully test them yet, but they're in my closet.

I would have to say that my absolute favorites so far are Mesh and Magnetic. With those, I can buy them small enough to give me curls like flex-rods and perm rods without struggling too much.

ETA: I forgot about Caruso Rollers......they're nice too.

Last edited:

KiniKakes

I prefer magnetic rollers, with the silver clip........ gives me a nice, smooth finish everytime, and they dont pull on/stress the hair at all.

BrownBetty

first choice: mesh with silver clip
2nd choice: solar rollers
I have a bunch of magnetic that I don't really use. The sponge w/ satin are okay.

jasmin

Jet set ez grip.

I can't work the magnetic and the mesh rollers pull my hair. I found a happy medium with the jet set rollers.

Elizabeth26

Girl you have alot of rollers! I'm still trying to use the rollers that I have. I figure I master one than I move on to the next ones. I'm working on the magnetic rollers now. I have the velcro satin cover rollers, magnetic, perm rods, and the satin tube rollers. I thought about buying the mesh rollers but I don't know about using the pins. So are you good with the pins? Let me know how the Crimp/wave rollers go because I was eyeing them in the BSS. My next purchase will be the crimp, mesh, and flexirods.

mahogany66

I love magnetic, I never get good results with the Mesh ones (wet set) . I tried the solar ones overnight with dry hair and my hair came out fabulous the next day.

LovelyLionessa

I have a few varieties but I am passionate about my self holding rollers. I use 4 jumbo ones on my ends while airdrying to help staighten my hair and set my ends. I also use extra small ones to re-set my dry hair and seal ends after applying leave-ins and oil. They are absolutely indispensable in my hair regime. :yep:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Liz25_Ga said:
Girl you have alot of rollers! I'm still trying to use the rollers that I have. I figure I master one than I move on to the next ones. I'm working on the magnetic rollers now. I have the velcro satin cover rollers, magnetic, perm rods, and the satin tube rollers. I thought about buying the mesh rollers but I don't know about using the pins. So are you good with the pins? Let me know how the Crimp/wave rollers go because I was eyeing them in the BSS. My next purchase will be the crimp, mesh, and flexirods.

I won't say that I'm an expert working with Mesh rollers and the pins, but they can be fairly easy to work with. The only thing is that you have to place it just right in order for it to work. Kinda play around with placing the pins and see what works for you when holding. I'm gonna post pics of using mesh rollers and crimp/wave rollers some time soon. I also find that using double pronged slide-in clips works fine with mesh rollers too. You would clip the mesh roller down just as you would the magnetic rollers. HTH :) .

Allandra

My favorite type or rollers are mesh. It cuts down on drying time for me, and they're easier to use for me.

crlsweetie912

I am a mesh girl. But, I too, like you TSU have most of them. I could never get the magnetic right and it took my hair forever to dry.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I only have six types of rollers. My favorites are the magnetic rollers for drying and the satin ones for sleeping.

1. Magnetic rollers
  2. Satin Foam Rollers
  3. Satin Tube Rollers
  4. Flexirods
  5. Mesh Rollers
  6. Straws

Belle Du Jour

For the ladies that use the sponge rollers, do these set dry hair better? When I use my magnetic rollers to "refresh" my curls overnight, the curls are somewhat limp the next day, not springy. I'd like to know before I invest lol. TIA.

LynnieB

Have some magnetics, pillow types, a handful of sponges and flexis.

i'm absolutely in love with the flexirods.

now i gotta figure out what the heck to do with about 75 various size magnetics and 1 large box of clips.....ACK :S

balisi

My favorite are the mesh rollers that they don't seem to make anymore. The newer mesh types just don't impress me. Magnetic rollers and flexirods are the types I prefer to use now.

gymfreak336

I like snap on magnetics for hard to roll spots and regular magnetics everywhere else. I have jet sets but I can't figure out how to use them. I would like to try mesh ones too.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
classimami713 said:
For the ladies that use the sponge rollers, do these set dry hair better? When I use my magnetic rollers to "refresh" my curls overnight, the curls are somewhat limp the next day, not springy. I'd like to know before I invest lol. TIA.

I'm pretty sure that you could use some satin covered sponge rollers to keep the curl.

lexi08

I need some rollers for sleeping. Where are you ladies purchasing the satin covered rollers with the folded edges and the solar rollers?

dlewis

I like the magnetics rollers the best, I like the look they give me. I'm waiting on a report from Honeydew on the hard mesh rollers, so that I can order some. I have several types but I tend to always use the magnetics rollers.

rdm

I like magnetic. I used sponge in high school, covered with toilet paper to protect my ends!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
nikki1971 said:
I need some rollers for sleeping. Where are you ladies purchasing the satin covered rollers with the folded edges and the solar rollers?

I got my solar rollers from Walgreens. I believe that I got my satin covered rollers w/ folding edges at Wal-mart.

HoneyDew

dlewis said:
I like the magnetics rollers the best, I like the look they give me. I'm waiting on a report from Honeydew on the hard mesh rollers, so that I can order some. I have several types but I tend to always use the magnetics rollers.

I used them last week. I GOT THEM TO STAY IN!! :woot:

That has been my problem - Getting the rollers to stay in tightly. Iused these with pins, but not the ones that came in the package.

The set was nice, except I didn ot have the shine I wanted. I was so eager to get under the dryer that I did not use any oil or serum. :look: That would have made the set SO much better.

crlsweetie912

dlewis said:
Do you have any pictures of these?

ETA: TSU, Saturday, I organized my roller bag like yours is with the separate bags for each type/kind/size of roller! I used large zip lock bags from the dollar store! My sons helped me! :)

Last edited: