Newly Texlaxed with Questions

dicapr

Does texlaxing enhance the curl pattern of your hair? My new growth before my touch up looked mostly frizzy with a scattering of defined curls in the frizz. Since my touch up, my hair looks more wavy than it did before the touch up. Its not a problem, my hair looks nice and thick, I just wanted to know if its normal. I guessed I expected the underprocessed hair to look different.

goldensensation

Mine just takes my textures down a "hair type". Naturally I am a 3c/4a and with my texlaxed hair, I am a 3b/3c. So my curls were actually more enhanced before, they're just looser now.

EishBuhgeish

My stylist and I've been talking about transitioning to "texlaxers" for the last past 3 appointments we've had. I have really thin hair while its relaxed, and I'm trying to achieve a thicker, more full mane without permanently making it bone straight. I'd want it bone straight every now and again (like bmoreflygirls's pic- your hair is lovely, btw), can I acheive that with a texlaxer??

For those of you who transitioned from a regular relaxer, how did you deal with the two different textures? Did you experience breakage? Any other unfavorable issues? Let me know, ladies!! My next appointement is next weekend (the 27th) and I have to have my decision made by then!!

Thanks in Advance,

Eish

dicapr

My hair is thicker after this last relaxer. I enjoyed not having my hair look and feel thin after the touch up. Also, I no longer need to apply lots of products to thicken up my hair. I was just surprised to see so many waves because I thought I had alot of 4b hair. I thought my hair would look a little more frizzy and underprocessed. Instead, when I part my hair I have waves. I ain't mad. I have also noticed my newly relaxed hair feels softer and stronger than the rest of my hair. I think I will continue to transition to texlaxed. So far I've had no problems with the two textures.

lonei

I find mine very difficult to manage when wet, its hard to detangle and doesnt come out straight without heat.

dicapr

lonei said:
I find mine very difficult to manage when wet, its hard to detangle and doesnt come out straight without heat.

Your hair is beautiful. I wish mine looked like yours!