Miconazole Nitrate - I am a believer now!

Edie

I told my girlfriend about using the Miconazole Nitrate. She has been using monistat for about 6 weeks now. When I told her about this she had just gotten a relaxer. Well this woman hair grows so slow it is ridiculous. She can go 8 weeks after a relaxer and you hardly see any new growth. I always envied her for that. Well I saw her yesterday and she said her hair had grown. I measured it when she first started. Her hair is now over one inch longer. I took measurements from five areas of her hair (middle front, both sides, middle back and nape areas. I measured yesterday and each area had at least one inch of growth. The back actually had 1.25.

I went down to the local store where I work and purchased all the neosporin AF they had. I got two for her and seven for myself. The sales person kind of looked at me funny because I asked for jock itch formula as well. I just told him me and my girlfriend are doing a little experiment. If I can double my growth rate. I will back to waistlength by the end of the summer.

Seeing is believing. Oh by the way, she said that she was putting jojoba oil on her scalp after applying the monistat and then massaging it in for five minutes. She also said that she applied it twice a day. She is thrilled and I must admit I am thrilled for her. She's got company now.

Edie

Oh I forgot to add. She also has all of these one inch hairs all throughout her hair. I am assuming this is new growth. Who would have thought?

ThinNnappy

Thats good-what are the one inch hairs all over the place-was her hair thin or something

but i have a question-i kinda want to try but, can this be harmful in anyway? is it better than anything else you've ever tried? Do you think it would be bad to mix with a hair grease?

Undefeated Queen

ThinNnappy said:
Thats good-what are the one inch hairs all over the place-was her hair thin or something

but i have a question-i kinda want to try but, can this be harmful in anyway? is it better than anything else you've ever tried? Do you think it would be bad to mix with a hair grease?

I've mixed Neosporin AF with cayenne and motions hairdress. It's worked really good.

Edie

ThinNnappy said:

Well I know I have told her in the past to start using jojoba oil. Since this oil has almost identical properties of the natural oils that our scalp emits. I don't put any kind of oil on my scalp but jojoba oil. It has worked for me. And I guess it works for her.

HoneyDew

ThinNnappy said:
no, i was talking about the miconazole, im worried about that!

Well, you can research it. But, start with research on the active ingredient in Nizoral, which is ketoconazole, another antifungal similar to Miconazole. There are several studies about it helping with hair growth. I started using Neosporin Af (Miconazole) to test the Monistat theory. Monistat is too thick for me to put on my scalp so I went with the Neosporin AF because of it melts right into my scalp.

You can look at this post. I know it is long, but some of us did research it and posted some articles about halfway through that post.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

A higher dosage of Miconazole is approved for one of the most precious parts of our bodies, so I have no problem using it on my skin/scalp.

TwistNMx

HoneyDew said:
Well, you can research it. But, start with research on the active ingredient in Nizoral, which is ketoconazole, another antifungal similar to Miconazole. There are several studies about it helping with hair growth. I started using Neosporin Af (Miconazole) to test the Monistat theory. Monistat is too thick for me to put on my scalp so I went with the Neosporin AF because of it melts right into my scalp.

You can look at this post. I know it is long, but some of us did research it and posted some articles about halfway through that post.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

A higher dosage of Miconazole is approved for one of the most precious parts of our bodies, so I have no problem using it on my skin/scalp.
Hello.
May I ask how you and the others are using this Neosporin AF? Is anyone using it straight b/c it's such a small tube.

TwistNMx

Undefeated Queen said:
I've mixed Neosporin AF with cayenne and motions hairdress. It's worked really good.
Hello Undefeated Queen,
How do you use this mixture with cayenne? Is it equal parts?
Thanks

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I am going to start usign it every other day. My hair is growing way too fast. I cannot keep up.

Undefeated Queen

High Priestess said:
Hello Undefeated Queen,
How do you use this mixture with cayenne? Is it equal parts?
Thanks

Hi High Prietsess!

The neosporin and cayenne are equally mixed. I used just a little hairdress. I just got a new tube of neosporin and decided to use it with just the cayenne. I'll see if that works better!

Last edited by a moderator:

BSweet

i really need to go to sleep...but n e wayz...im suuuuuuuuuch a believer...there is a GOD...im in serious..thats my baby daddy..type of love with this stuff :dinner:

ekomba

Edie said:
I told my girlfriend about using the Miconazole Nitrate. She has been using monistat for about 6 weeks now. When I told her about this she had just gotten a relaxer. Well this woman hair grows so slow it is ridiculous. She can go 8 weeks after a relaxer and you hardly see any new growth. I always envied her for that. Well I saw her yesterday and she said her hair had grown. I measured it when she first started. Her hair is now over one inch longer. I took measurements from five areas of her hair (middle front, both sides, middle back and nape areas. I measured yesterday and each area had at least one inch of growth. The back actually had 1.25.

I went down to the local store where I work and purchased all the neosporin AF they had. I got two for her and seven for myself. The sales person kind of looked at me funny because I asked for jock itch formula as well. I just told him me and my girlfriend are doing a little experiment. If I can double my growth rate. I will back to waistlength by the end of the summer.

Seeing is believing. Oh by the way, she said that she was putting jojoba oil on her scalp after applying the monistat and then massaging it in for five minutes. She also said that she applied it twice a day. She is thrilled and I must admit I am thrilled for her. She's got company now.

Hi Edie which monistat did your friend use? the monistat3 or monistat 7?

TwistNMx

Undefeated Queen said:
Hi High Prietsess!

The neosporin and cayenne are equally mixed. I used just a little hairdress. I just got a new tube of neosporin and decided to use it with just the cayenne. I'll see if that works better!

Thanks Undefeated Queen.
I did a patch test a few days ago and started using it yesterday. I thought of the same thing and mixed it with my Gueye Fast Grow and MTG today....:drunk:
I have to admit though, I felt kinda funny using this stuff on my hair, but after washing today and using a mint conditioner, I just applied the neosporin right to my scalp, massaged in, and then mixed my MTG and Gueye Fast Grow and added to the hair. :drunk: My scalp has been tingling now for two hours.
I looked and looked yesterday though...could have sworn we had cayenne pepper...:wallbash: and I know I don't cook with a lot of it, so I will be getting more when I visit my local healthfood store.

KiniKakes

Yaaaay, that is great news for your girl. :) Im really happy for her. I cant wait to start using my m.n. again. I put in my last application Sunday, because I am getting a touch-up this upcoming Friday, and i didnt know how the m.n. would react with the touch-up, so i wanted to go a few days with nothing at all.

I had planned on using the mtg and m.n. together, but after hearing all these great reports I may just do an experiment and focus solely on the m.n. for now. :grin:

TwistNMx

KiniKakes said:
Yaaaay, that is great news for your girl. :) Im really happy for her. I cant wait to start using my m.n. again. I put in my last application Sunday, because I am getting a touch-up this upcoming Friday, and i didnt know how the m.n. would react with the touch-up, so i wanted to go a few days with nothing at all.

I had planned on using the mtg and m.n. together, but after hearing all these great reports I may just do an experiment and focus solely on the m.n. for now. :grin:
Hey KiniKakes,
What's m.n. ???:confused:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This stuff is the bomb! HP, I knew I gotcha hooked!:angeldeviAnyhoo, this will help you in yr hair growth journey.:lol:

TwistNMx

Undefeated Queen said:
Hi High Prietsess!

Oops...I meant hello...not hell. I forgot the "o" :look:

TwistNMx

DDtexlaxd said:
This stuff is the bomb! HP, I knew I gotcha hooked!:angeldeviAnyhoo, this will help you in yr hair growth journey.:lol:

:lol: :lol: LOL....Hi Bud!
I've come out of the closet. :lol: :lachen: :lol:
Yep, you did it now. :grin:
I'm keeping track of everything.

KiniKakes

High Priestess said:
Hey KiniKakes,
What's m.n. ???:confused:

Oops, sorry, that just stands for Miconazole Nitrate. I was just being lazy and didnt feel like looking up how to spell it, lol.

Faith

Ladies, so which one is better. Some are using Neosporin and some MN. Which one gets the vote?? Or just anything with Miconazole Nitrate in it?

Last edited: