Flax Seed Oil

Faith

I just started taking it a few days ago. How long before you noticed a change? What changes did you notice? Thanks :)

Nanyanika

I took two teaspoons of flaxseed oil a day, i noticed that my newgrowth had more moisture and my scalp was more lubricated, it took 3 weeks to ntice a difference. i'm curently taking evening primrose which does the same thing.

Faith

den1 said:
I took two teaspoons of flaxseed oil a day, i noticed that my newgrowth had more moisture and my scalp was more lubricated, it took 3 weeks to ntice a difference. i'm curently taking evening primrose which does the same thing.
Thanks for the info. I'm taking 1tbsp a day...hope I see results within a month.

Candy_C

hi i take a tablespoon a day b4 bed, for 2months now, my ends are moist and even oily...less breakage will be the first thing unotice and how moisturized your hair feels. it took me around 2-3 weeks to notice a difference. my roots smell like flaxseed and even an area around my nose secretes oil that smells like flax. my skin is soft and i dont scar anymore :) i think it works well with biotin and it pushes these vitamins out with the oil into the scalp and hair. i dont get major growth if flax is missing from the equation (in my sig) ps - a tablespoon of the stuff i take is equal to 9,300MG

Last edited:

Lovelylocs

I take it. I take the capsules though. I have been taking 1500 miligrams a day. Now, I am upping it to 2,500mg. I don't know how long it took to see results, but I noticed after my last touchup that my roots were moisturized and shiny just like when I used to take biotin daily. For some reason, I fell off of the biotin bandwagon. I am gonna go pop some right now. :lol:

Lovelylocs

Wow! 9300MG, Candy_C? I thought I was doing smthg with my 2500! :lol: Guess I will have to up my dosage to keep up with the Joneses. :lol:

How many mg do you 2 tablespoons equal Den1?

Faith

Thanks ladies:

I take tbsp a day as well...I wonder how many MG that is. I'll look to see what happens in about 3-4 weeks.

*Happily Me*

I have chronically dry hair but the flax seed oil has helped.

I mostly take the oil for it's anti-inflammatory and health heart benefits. A great side effect has been some silky smooth skin :)

kitchen_tician

Candy_C said:
hi i take a tablespoon a day b4 bed, for 2months now, my ends are moist and even oily...less breakage will be the first thing unotice and how moisturized your hair feels. it took me around 2-3 weeks to notice a difference. my roots smell like flaxseed and even an area around my nose secretes oil that smells like flax. my skin is soft and i dont scar anymore :) i think it works well with biotin and it pushes these vitamins out with the oil into the scalp and hair. i dont get major growth if flax is missing from the equation (in my sig) ps - a tablespoon of the stuff i take is equal to 9,300MG

Candy C, what brand of flax seed oil do you take?

aquarian1252004

I take a capsule form combination of flax seed & cod liver oil. I don't know if it has had any effects on my hair but it sure keeps me regular :look:

NeeSee

I'm like you DSylla, the first thing I noticed is silky smooth skin. Also my hands are not as dry as they use to be. (I was them often) In my opinion Flaxseed Oil is much better than coconut oil.

Doll

Thanks for starting this thread Faith, and thank you ladies for your comments. My hair and scalp is very dry and I have a hard time keeping my ends moist and oily. I will definitely be trying flaxseed oil! I am going to get some after work tomorrow.

Dare~to~Dream

How does this stuff taste? I had to take liquid Cod Liver Oil as a child and the taste makes me want to :barf:. I was interested in Flax Seed Oil but someone said it makes the skin oily too...oily skin makes me breakout :look:.

Isis

I started taking flaxseed oil long before the hairboards. It has a LOT of benefits. It only took a few days before all ashiness was gone from my skin, leaving it very smooth. My hair went from dull to shinier also. I take a tablespoon each day of Spectrum organic flaxseed oil. It is recommended to take one tablespoon for each 100 pounds of weight each day.

ETA:
Flaxseed oil can be found at the health food store. Make sure its refrigerated though and in a dark colored bottle. This oil goes rancid within hours and must be kept either in the freezer (that's what I do - it never freezes) or in the fridge. I like the Spectrum brand for its buttery, nutty taste. BTW, flaxseed oil cannot be cooked with, it can only be poured on food.

Last edited:

Candy_C

kitchen_tician said:
Candy C, what brand of flax seed oil do you take?

Hi, i take the Holland And Barrett Version...not sure if i saw one in the US but GNC own holland and b.. :)

i take my flaxseed STRAIGHT, it tastes like peanuts. i just pour it into a tablespoon and knock it back, and drink a lil water afterwards. the taste dissapears vry quickly.

debb

Imma get some liquid flax seed today at Vitamin Shoppe. I wish I had started this before the drying NY winter killed my skin.

*ElleB

BUMP...
ME 2, I have been battling my dry skin so much this winter...This thread is a godsend...

MzTami

Hellerrrr
blueabyss333 said:
Do you think the pill has the same effect?

I just bought the soft gel pill flax seed oil..I think it's like 1000mg per soft gel. I've been taking it only for about 2 weeks now. I haven't seen any results yet, but it's too early to tell. I will let you know if I see results soon.

Faith

XXXtacy said:
:eek: These results are AMAZING!!!

Does anyone know which is better Flax Seed Oil or the Coconut Oil?
You mean to ingest? I didn't know it was a good idea to ingest coconut oil ??

Faith

Doll said:
Thanks for starting this thread Faith, and thank you ladies for your comments. My hair and scalp is very dry and I have a hard time keeping my ends moist and oily. I will definitely be trying flaxseed oil! I am going to get some after work tomorrow.
NP :) I'm just glad I got more responses..lol.
I'll keep it up and hopefully my dry skin and hair will be a thing of the past.

Thanks for all the responses ladies :)

Faith

Lanelle said:
How does this stuff taste? I had to take liquid Cod Liver Oil as a child and the taste makes me want to :barf:. I was interested in Flax Seed Oil but someone said it makes the skin oily too...oily skin makes me breakout :look:.
I have a very oily face and so far so good. I use Neutrogena'a new product for acne prone skin (I have a mild form of acne...it comes on like a zit rash..little bumps on my forehead and nose and sometimes right jaw and neck but the Neutrogena has been great..since Proactiv turned on me :( ) Maybe use the flax seed but find products to help with your oily skin.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Faith said:
You mean to ingest? I didn't know it was a good idea to ingest coconut oil ??

faith, I was at the healthfood store the other day looking for coconut oil(for my hair), and they were showing me the coconut oil that you ingest and cook with. I was too embarrassed to tell them, no the coconut oil for the hair. So I discretely went and purchased a bottle of the extra virigin coconut oil that you "supposed" to cook with. I was thinking to myself too, "I ain't ingesting this stuff, it's for my hair."

Dare~to~Dream

Faith said:
I have a very oily face and so far so good. I use Neutrogena'a new product for acne prone skin (I have a mild form of acne...it comes on like a zit rash..little bumps on my forehead and nose and sometimes right jaw and neck but the Neutrogena has been great..since Proactiv turned on me :( ) Maybe use the flax seed but find products to help with your oily skin.

I currently use a product for my skin to prevent any nasty breakouts...but I'm really just thinking about the time I used castor oil and some other over the counter hair oil preparation and the stuff leaked onto my face...horrible skin pigmentation. I've never had severe acne but after that the aesthetician became my best friend. Of course, since flax seed is supposedly good for you maybe it won't cause the same problems....since it's not hair oils leaking into my face at night while I sleep. I can't believe ProActiv quit working for you though...I used Klear Action in the past but now I've gone back to Phisoderm for economical reasons.

Candy_C

Lanelle said:
I currently use a product for my skin to prevent any nasty breakouts...but I'm really just thinking about the time I used castor oil and some other over the counter hair oil preparation and the stuff leaked onto my face...horrible skin pigmentation. I've never had severe acne but after that the aesthetician became my best friend. Of course, since flax seed is supposedly good for you maybe it won't cause the same problems....since it's not hair oils leaking into my face at night while I sleep. I can't believe ProActiv quit working for you though...I used Klear Action in the past but now I've gone back to Phisoderm for economical reasons.

the flax should hopefully stop any skin probs, as it cleanses the sebum in your body anyway. its good sebum. i usually get bumps b4 i'm due on my monthlys (mini outbreak) and i haven't had a spot 4 ages!

planodiva

Candy_C said:
the flax should hopefully stop any skin probs, as it cleanses the sebum in your body anyway. its good sebum. i usually get bumps b4 i'm due on my monthlys (mini outbreak) and i haven't had a spot 4 ages!

Candy C

How cool I just asked about the flax seed oil and here is the post