2015 MN Challenge

jprayze

If you plan to use miconazole nitrate (MN) as a growth aid anytime in 2015, please join us here!

We will officially start on January 1, 2015, so gather your MN and think about how/if you will mix it with something else. Many ladies have found MN at Dollar Tree stores, but I was able to purchase a 6-pack at a great price from Amazon.com.

So if you're in...thank and answer these questions:
  • What is your current length?
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
  • What frequency will you apply it?
  • Any other growth aids that you are using?
  • Anything else you care to add?
  • Don't forget a starting pic!
Quarterly Check-ins

March 30, 2015
June 30, 2015
September 30, 2015
December 31, 2015

Come back often to share your experiences!

More Info

Previous Challenges:
Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012) http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...d.php?t=616801
Original MN Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

A Few Tips:
  • Pay attention to your hair/scalp. This may not work for you. If you experience any adverse effects (anything that's not the norm for you...some people have reported headaches, shedding, etc.), then reduce or stop using MN.
  • Take special care of your ends. Most people experience faster growth, but you don't want to lose it by having to get frequent trims.
  • You can't focus your growth by putting the MN in a specific area (e.g. nape, edges). No matter where you put it, it seems to grow all over.
  • 4% MN can be found in the 3 day prefilled applicators.
Can't wait to see your lovely growing results!!!

Challengers

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
[*]What is your current length? APL

[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? No. I tried it a while back, but I wasn't consistent.

[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I like to use it straight/directly

[*]What frequency will you apply it? 3 times a week. Mon, Wed, Fri

[*]Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope

[*]Anything else you care to add? I use the Equate brand from Walmart. I am a straight hair natural. I plan to do a monthly update after each blowout. I hope yall don't mind :blush:

Attachments

• 20141223_205458.jpg
    20141223_205458.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
What is your current length? BSL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? No. I used it for a few months in 2013.
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Directly, then followed with a little oil or pomade afterwards.
What frequency will you apply it? Every other day.
Any other growth aids that you are using? Sulfur oil
Anything else you care to add?
Don't forget a starting pic!

Last night massaged in some MN and APB Green Powerhouse/Essentially Organic oil.

Attachments

• LC 2014.jpeg
    LC 2014.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 39

jprayze

What is your current length? ??? (I'll update this after I take the pic.)
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I used it off and on during my hair journey.
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Directly
What frequency will you apply it? Every other day except when my hair is freshly straightened and I take a break for a few days.
Any other growth aids that you are using? Liquid gold Sulfur oil, hairfinity

Pic is coming...

Evolving78

Current length is SL
I have used it in the past to help fill in a spot
I will use it 2-3x a week
I mix it with JBCO
I take nature's bounty HSN but not consistent
Hopefully it can help with my crown area.

Babygrowth

Once I finish my Megatek/sulfur oil bottle I will try MN mixed in LG green magic. Probably sometime in the spring.

[*]What is your current length? SL
[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I'm a Virgin
[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed in LG green magic cream
[*]What frequency will you apply it? Every other day
[*]Any other growth aids that you are using? Supplements and finishing up the rest of my Megatek
[*]Anything else you care to add? Nope
[*]Don't forget a starting pic!

ForumRunner_20141231_115144.jpg

ForumRunner_20141231_115208.jpg

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
What is your current length? APL

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've used before. It got me to APL in a flash the first time I used it in 2012. I've used it on and off since then. It's a supplement to my sulfur.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Directly

What frequency will you apply it? 3x weekly

Any other growth aids that you are using? Sulfur

Anything else you care to add? MN is drying for me, so after I apply it, I go back over my scalp with oil.

I've already been using MN for most of December.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
What is your current length? Between BSL and MBL after trim
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've been using it for 3 days lol
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed for this batch, straight after.
What frequency will you apply it? Every night
Any other growth aids that you are using? Manetabolism vitamins
Anything else you care to add? I hope I get good results. I want to reach waist length by the end of the year.

Attachments

• image-1627013442.jpg
    image-1627013442.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 47

shyekiera

[*]What is your current length? Neck length? will post a picture after I straighten or strengthen
[*]Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? No, but haven't been consistent
[*]How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? directly
[*]What frequency will you apply it? Every other day
[*]Any other growth aids that you are using? None

Naphy

Re: 2015 MN Challenge
What is your current length? SL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've used it in the past but not consistently
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? in my sulfur mix !
What frequency will you apply it? Every night
Any other growth aids that you are using? Sulfur mix, Hairfinity, Inversion Method

~ Starting Pic ~ My hair is natural and pressed for a lenght check on this pic !

Attachments

• StartingPicMNChallenge.jpg
    StartingPicMNChallenge.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 53

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought some lemon essential oil from Gnc today and I am in love with the scent. After I apply my mn I will mix a few drops in with my leave in. Lemon oil naturally lightens hair too. Come summer I will have some natural highlights and hopefully bsl/mbl hair :)

maxandsally

What is your current length? Shoulder
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Used it mixed on the past
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Both
What frequency will you apply it? Weekly to 2xweek
Any other growth aids that you are using?none

image-614498526.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The other MN order I had on Amazon was canceled because it was apparently out of stock (even though it said 17 left when I ordered). Anyway, I ordered the regular 2% 6 tubes for $17. That is a really good deal.

I will be massaging some in tonight.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Is that your first time applying directly? Any side effects? I always apply it directly with no problems.

HappyAtLast I didn't see this. No, this is not the first time I've applied it directly. I usually apply it directly. There have been no ill side affects. My scalp is not really sensitive though.

jprayze

The other MN order I had on Amazon was canceled because it was apparently out of stock (even though it said 17 left when I ordered). Anyway, I ordered the regular 2% 6 tubes for $17. That is a really good deal. I will be massaging some in tonight.

I love that deal! I have 3 tubes left.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got my hair blown out again. My last DB was 2 weeks ago so the growth isn't super noticeable...

Here is a pic. I will start back applying mn tomorrow

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1420600403635.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1420600403635.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 65