Crown and Glory...

beyondcute

Anyone wanna join me? Im gonna do a crown and glory challenge for *hold your breath* 2 years. The site owner for crown and glory made it to waist length from shoulder length in 2 years with braids. Braids have always helped my hair to grow but this time Im gonna use her whole technique. Her vidoes have really helped me as far as breakage from braids. So any one wanna join me? *BTW I did a search and didnt see any other CAG challenges but if there are any just point the way :)* My goal is waist/mid back length by January 2008. Here's the website for all those that dont know what Im talking about :)

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/

You can use any protective style whiel your hair is out and briads/weaves when your hair is supposed to be up.

ayoung

There is a Braided Buddies thread--but I dunno if that is what you are looking for:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=71980

I began the C&G on 12/18 and will do it AT LEAST a year--so yep--I will join you! :)

I am following Den1's album with the C&G b/c it is so helpful....I washed on Christmas Eve following Den's wash method and it came out great!

I am going to try to keep these for 3-4 weeks

When are you starting yours?

Nanyanika

Good luck everyone, i've been using her technique for three years and it works great, i've had a series of cuts due to hairstylists, but my hair always grows back to long lengths in short spaces of time.

beyondcute

Im starting in January. :) And see thats the thing there are lots of weave and braid buddies but not an actual crown and glory challenge. I want to follow Robin's method *without the optional relaxer*

beyondcute

Will you continue to use it Den1? If so join up :) Im guessing we can report every 4 months. 2 months braided up and 2 months out and report your progress...

Nanyanika

beyondcute said:
Will you continue to use it Den1? If so join up :) Im guessing we can report every 4 months. 2 months braided up and 2 months out and report your progress...
Yes, I'm wearing my braids right now, i'm doing this for the next year and a half. i've recently updated my hair growth in my texture shots album. Thanks for inviting me to join. I'll keep documenting my progress on my fotki site.

KiSseS03

I'm in! Probably not for 2 years though, but at least for the winter.

I used this method last year in January after I had to cut my hair due to damage. It really worked. When I took the braids out my hair was very healthy and of course it grew. Before that my hair suffered damage from wearing braids because I didn't know the proper tehniques for caring for them.

I love braids because they look cute, and I can get highlights (I'm too nervous to lighten my own jet-black hair.)

tryn2growmyhair

What products are you all using on this method. Also, I would like to join in -- I have the Braids by Breslin -- but I dont want to wait a month in between braids. Is it alright to do it with braids in for six weeks out for six weeks? I would like to do this for several months.

meia

im in for 6-9 months if not a complete year!:) i just made a post about cornrows and mtg...if i can get away with it!! lol this falls right in hand with my protective style challenge- let me see if im correct about this- basically the challenge is to have braids, weave or real hair, and keep them in? or is there more to the whole challenge (im currently visiting site)...if thats all thats required im definitely in!

Miz_Complexity

I’m in I am transitioning to be natural. Then I would like my hair to be long thick and even. I might press my hair straight. I just want it to be healthy first and foremost.

Do we start in January 2006 or now.

meia

lolla2005 said:
I'll join too!
i've already started and i'll end the C&G method in june since i'll be graduating :D

lollaaaa! thats when im going to end it! lol..i want to get a head start now so i'll have hair that will at least reach my boobs by june again..lol thats my real goal..

lolla2005

meia said:
lollaaaa! thats when im going to end it! lol..i want to get a head start now so i'll have hair that will at least reach my boobs by june again..lol thats my real goal..

I co-sign with u girl!!!!
it's funny because that's my aim too, LOL! :lol:
I really hope we can make it!

meia

lolla2005 said:
I co-sign with u girl!!!!
it's funny because that's my aim too, LOL! :lol:
I really hope we can make it!

hehehe girl!! this is just the beginning of my goals! i want to go all natural and have mid back, fountains of curls! i desperately needed a transitioning style before i lose it and cut off all my hair..i think we can make it!!!

i think were going to have such smooth, long luscious hair! im aiming for 4+ inches (absolute ultimate goal would be 8) so i can get back to my old goals following this terrible cut someone performed..lol..were gonna get through this!!!:grin: :grin:

beyondcute

Okay Im back :) The basic thing is to moisturize your hair while in braids/weaves/cornrows/micros/kinky twists. She says infusium leaven in is great for the hair. But you can use almost any braid spray.

It requires briads in for 2 months and a resting period of 2 months with protective styling. I guess 6 weeks will be fine since 8 weeks is so close to it. You can start whenever you feel like it. Im starting in January.

I will be taking a regular one a day vitamin. She thinks a regualr vitamin will suffice but she also thinks eating right is very important. I drink a protien shake every morning so that should help also.

As far as oils *MTG, WGO, etc* I think they are fine but as long as they dont promote build up. She has a video on how to remove build up during braids removal.

Im glad you guys are in and thanks to all the well wishers. Also ladies if youre using weave in your braids make sure you remove the alkaline base *there's a video on her site for that too*

PS The she Im refering to is Robin, the owner of the website.

lolla2005

beyondcute said:
I will be taking a regular one a day vitamin. She thinks a regualr vitamin will suffice but she also thinks eating right is very important. I drink a protien shake every morning so that should help also.

I read somewhere that too much protein makes you tired and weak. is this true?

I started taking alfalfa, MSM and horsetail.. I hope to retain 2 inches by February..

Good Luck to everyone...

beyondcute

Well not for me. It gives me energy. I need to explain....

Im a quasi-vegetarian. I dont eat beef or pork and hardly any chicken or eggs so its important for me to get protien in. My doctor recommended a protien shake so thats what I drink to supplement my protien that Im missing.

If you are already getting protein (from meats, eggs, etc) then you shoudlnt need any extra but protien does help grow nails and hair. Excess protiend can result in a sluggish feeling so you dont need any extra if you are eatng a balanced diet.

lolla2005

meia said:
hehehe girl!! this is just the beginning of my goals! i want to go all natural and have mid back, fountains of curls! i desperately needed a transitioning style before i lose it and cut off all my hair..i think we can make it!!!

i think were going to have such smooth, long luscious hair! im aiming for 4+ inches (absolute ultimate goal would be 8) so i can get back to my old goals following this terrible cut someone performed..lol..were gonna get through this!!!:grin: :grin:

wow! i wish u all the best with your ultimate goal then!
I really admire all the ladies who are transitioning and those with already natural hair. i don't think I'm ready to go natural, maybe one day..

lolla2005

beyondcute said:
Well not for me. It gives me energy. I need to explain....

Im a quasi-vegetarian. I dont eat beef or pork and hardly any chicken or eggs so its important for me to get protien in. My doctor recommended a protien shake so thats what I drink to supplement my protien that Im missing.

If you are already getting protein (from meats, eggs, etc) then you shoudlnt need any extra but protien does help grow nails and hair. Excess protiend can result in a sluggish feeling so you dont need any extra if you are eatng a balanced diet.

So you think it is not necessary to take protein shakes if you are not vegetarian, right?

asummertyme

hey yall i will join too..i am already apart of the weave challenge, and as i said in that thread i will be doing braids as well..i just took out some braids and i am letting my hair rest for a while..im not sure if im gonna weave or braid next but i will keep u guys updated..no matter what i do i will be following the CnG method with weaving or braids.

nap2bfree

Hey all
count me in.
I am 100% natural. for 2 years know. I love my hair, but I have hands in fro syndrome really bad. I also keep cutting my hair. So my hair is only 8-9 inches long.
my goal is to grow a healthy head of natural hair a little past bra strap by December 2006.

I have braids in all ready. I will be taking them down on my 2 month day which is Jan 12, 06. So I have 2 weeks left. I usually take braids out after 6 weeks. But these are still holding up well.

I plan on taking them down and putting them back up the next day.

I did this method along time ago when i tried to cut the my hair myself into a short style. needless to say i jacked my head up :lachen: and had to wear braids to grow my hair back. It worked well for me. The mistake i made was I stopped wearing the braids once I got my hair back to the length it was. which was olny to the shoulders. I should have continued to wear them till I got to mid back. Also I can't braid my own hair so it gets real expensive. But I am going to commit to it any way. I will also try and learn how to put my own extentions in.

Good luck every one
nap2bfree

StartinOvah

ok. i want to join. i think i'm becoming a challenge junkie. i'm on the protective style challenge until feb so this works just fine. i can just keep going. and i wanted to get braids at the beginning of the year anyway. i'm transitioning also. and sept 06 will make a year. so at that point i'll decide if i want to keep using the cag technique.

so sick of the bun.

i'm going to read the website now for more information. thanks, beyondcute!

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the LHCF and I'm ready to start this challenge:D. My hair is 100% natural, and I get it braided tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!