Hairveda Methi Sativa Rave!!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I tried this two step tea based treatment last week and I am blown away!!!

The first picture is my shed hair after one week. I flat ironed and wore my hair in a bun for a whole week. This is the total shed hair after combing it out.

The second picture is the same process except I deep treated with the methi tea conditioning two step. Then flat ironed. And wore in a bun or ponytail for about a week and 3 days. Omg! This is the least shedding I have ever had in my life !!!!

My hair is so manageable and soft and easy to comb. I'm shocked! I was about to cut my hair. But I think I can wait now. :)

(Updated to add one week's worth of shedding after treatment today 6/9/2013)

(Updated to add one week's worth of shedding after two treatments. 6/26/13). Shedding has been cut by more than half. This is after two treatments. I will probably do this once a month from now on. I am amazed at how much easier detangling is now that there aren't any shed hairs.

(Updated to add one week's worth of shedding after three treatments. 7/14/13 I am definitely doing this treatment 2x a month now. I am completely stunned at the decrease in my overall shedding. My hair this week was not combed at all. It was in cornrows all week).

(Updated to show one week of shedding 9-21-2013 after four months of use. I do the treatment once a month or so now. )

Attachments

• image-1243266560.jpg
    image-1243266560.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3223649872.jpg
    image-3223649872.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3508036494.jpg
    image-3508036494.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1391688829.jpg
    image-1391688829.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 67
  • image-4247217030.jpg
    image-4247217030.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1465957878.jpg
    image-1465957878.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

havilland

How interesting, never heard of this!

Thank you for sharing

I have used Hairveda for years but never tried this conditioner. It's supposed to replace aphogee two step treatment and I am very happy with it. It is much easier to use and my hair is soooooo nice after using it. Strong and pliable.

The best part is the shedding. I hve never had so little shedding. Ever. Ever. Ever. I shed like a cat all the time. It's so frustrating. This product , I hope will produce lasting results.

MGA2013

I saw this conditioner but didn't buy.. Kinda skeptical.. Lol what are the steps to using this set and is this conditioner a strong protein treatment?? Or is it just to minimize shredding?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Excellent! Very Good to know! :grin:

I have x2 Sets of this that has been in my Stash for quite a long while. :look:

Will pull it out to use before my next T/U.:yep:

havilland

I saw this conditioner but didn't buy.. Kinda skeptical.. Lol what are the steps to using this set and is this conditioner a strong protein treatment?? Or is it just to minimize shredding?

It's a strong, gentle protein treatment. Two thick creamy conditioners. For me the decreased shedding was a bonus. It doesn't advertise that.

Wash the hair. (I used Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo to remove build up.). Apply the step one, the protein condish and leave on for 15-20 minutes. (I left it for an hour because my hair loves protein.). Then rinse and apply step two, the moisture step. Leave in for 10-20 minutes. (I left on for 30 minutes). Then rinse and style. The instructions say air dry. I blow dried and flat iron.

I did not use heat. I just used a plastic cap and a turban.

Channy31

I have used Hairveda for years but never tried this conditioner. It's supposed to replace aphogee two step treatment and I am very happy with it. It is much easier to use and my hair is soooooo nice after using it. Strong and pliable.

The best part is the shedding. I hve never had so little shedding. Ever. Ever. Ever. I shed like a cat all the time. It's so frustrating. This product , I hope will produce lasting results.

oh no don't tempt me!

* resisting the urge to buy*

havilland

I remember loving this protein treatment; good stuff. Without proper care I shed like a cat too.

What do you do to diminish your shedding? It doesn't matter what I do. I shed ALOT. proper care, neglect, relaxed, natural.....it's all the same to my hair.

frizzy

Fenugreek (methi) is great for softening and detangling. I have used this as a tea rinse and mixed in a leave-in, the smell is....(?).....prominent, though.

DirectorChic

Like frizzy I use just the methi. And sometimes I use it in my mixes when I do a hair pack. Yes it has the capability of decreasing shedding. Try it with brahmi and hibiscus... you're in for a real treat!:grin: (methi, brahmi, hibiscus hair mask--sort of like how you henna your hair.)

ETA: Not only do you get a protein fix, your hair will have lots of slip and lots of moisture will be retained. Thickness in hair increases and you'll maintain softness. I like to use this hair pack mix before I flat iron. It gives hair a nice flatiron, sheen and silkiness.

Last edited:

havilland

Like frizzy I use just the methi. And sometimes I use it in my mixes when I do a hair pack. Yes it has the capability of decreasing shedding. Try it with brahmi and hibiscus... you're in for a real treat!:grin: (methi, brahmi, hibiscus hair mask--sort of like how you henna your hair.)

ETA: Not only do you get a protein fix, your hair will have lots of slip and lots of moisture will be retained. Thickness in hair increases and you'll maintain softness. I like to use this hair pack mix before I flat iron. It gives hair a nice flatiron, sheen and silkiness.

Thanks! Where do I get bramhi and hibiscus? I would love to try it in a hair pack

havilland

You can try garlic HOT, garlic conditioner or poo, or taking some garlic pills.

Been there. Done that. I think I would be bald if I didn't consume so much garlic. LOL

I eat garlic in whole cloves in my food. I Take garlic pills every day. I Tried conditioner (it made a mess of my hair. So never again....).

Thanks for the suggestions though! :grin:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm excited about finally pulling out my Methi-Set.:look:

I know some of the Ladies in U1 B1 buys either Step 1 or Step 2 (not sure which one) and use that on a regular basis.

I do use Fenugreek Tea Rinses occasionally. So, looking forward in trying the Methi-Set.

Again, my plan is to use it a week before my next T/U.

havilland

Update

My shedding is cut into less than half now! I barely have any shedding compared to what I have had all my life.

The main ingredient in the step one is black tea and green tea.

I have tried black tea rinses to no avail. And spritzes and garlic and voodoo dolls and chanting....LOL

THE RESULTS I HAD WITH THIS PRODUCT WORK LIKE MAGIC FOR ME!

I hope my hair gets thicker as a result of less shedding over time. :)

I will continue to use this once a month and report back.

Here's a tip ladies. It doesn't hurt to be a pj sometimes. I have my staples down and didn't think I needed any changes. But I am certainly glad I invested in this product. It is what I didn't even know I was missing. :)

hair4today

havilland thxs for updating this thread with pics which are proof positive that this 2 step treatment works. Do you plan on updating this thread each time you use methi as it would be great to see your progress over time?

havilland

havilland thxs for updating this thread with pics which are proof positive that this 2 step treatment works. Do you plan on updating this thread each time you use methi as it would be great to see your progress over time?

That's a good idea. I will do that. I'm interested to see if the shedding continues to decrease

I also would be ever so grateful if my hair got thicker as a result. ;)

hair4today

havilland, if you haven't sourced the hibiscus and brahmi as yet here are a few vendors who sells Ayurveda herbs:

1. Lakshmi's cupboard (low prices, fast shipping, excellent cs)
http://lakshmiscupboard.com/

2. Henna Sooq(good variety of henna and ayur herbs, bit pricey)
http://www.hennasooq.com/

3. Ayurnatural (under new ownership but you can find all things Ayurveda here)
http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/

4. Depending where you live, you can check out your local Indian grocery store they usually sell hair loving herbs like henna and fenugreek, etc.

Last edited:

havilland

Update posted in first page with pic.

My hair is so much more manageable now. I am so amazed at the reduction in shedding. This is def a staple. Nothing else has ever worked this well for me. YAY!

Last edited:

havilland

Updated front page to add shedding after three treatments.

My regimen for this product is as follows:

Shampoo one time with Tresemee Deep cleansing shampoo. Very gentle and effective clarifying shampoo.

Apply step one. Wrap hair in plastic and towels for an hour.

Rinse.

Apply step two. Re-wrap and let sit another hour.

Rinse.

Apply moisturizing conditioner for 2-3 minutes and then go for a final rinse in shower. ( I use Hairveda Moisture 24/7)

Use Kinky Curly Knot Today as leave in.

Air dry.

Perfection!

Attachments

• image-3184929071.jpg
    image-3184929071.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 116

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
havilland

Nice Update and Pic.:yep:

I still have not pulled out my Methi-Set. I should because it could be part of my Coffee/Tea Challenge because of the Tea in the Methi-Set.

This is something I could at least do bi-monthly.

I'll pull this out once I finish up my b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla "Soak" which is also a Protein/Strengthening Rx.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I wish I'd ordered this, during the last sale.
:wallbash: I'm really trying to reduce shedding.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited: