POST PARTUM SHEDDING -- HELP!!!

JudithO

My hair is falling.... last wash day, I lost one handful of hair. Everytime I touch my hair... at least 5 - 10 strands follow me.... Have you guys figured out how to stop this/slow it down? I had my baby about 3 months ago.

bunnie82

How about ayurvedic powders (brahmi, amla, shikakai)

Garlic condishes are GREAT! just add a couple of tablespoons of garlic in your fave condish and deep condition (concentrate on your scalp) it with that for a couple of hours....and then a tea rinse to follow.....try this a few times and your shedding will stop right in it tracks!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
The garlic and the tea will help. ..as bunnie82 mentioned focus on your scalp and let it sit. I don't believe much will truly help with post partum shedding though...you may have to ride it out. Congrats on the baby though:grin:

lamaria211

4 months after I gave birth I was loosing about 20+ hairs each wash, detangle or styling session. What helped me was black tea rinses and Queen Helene garlic poo. Hth

JudithO

How about ayurvedic powders (brahmi, amla, shikakai)

Garlic condishes are GREAT! just add a couple of tablespoons of garlic in your fave condish and deep condition (concentrate on your scalp) it with that for a couple of hours....and then a tea rinse to follow.....try this a few times and your shedding will stop right in it tracks!

Girl garlic? Won't I stink?? lol

The garlic and the tea will help. ..as @bunnie82 mentioned focus on your scalp and let it sit. I don't believe much will truly help with post partum shedding though...you may have to ride it out. Congrats on the baby though:grin:

Im not sure anything can really help me.... I hate prenatals so I stopped taking them a while ago. Thanks much :)

4 months after I gave birth I was loosing about 20+ hairs each wash, detangle or styling session. What helped me was black tea rinses and Queen Helene garlic poo. Hth

Girl I'd be thrilled if I only lost 20+ hairs... I lose a lot more than that.... I need to look into some of these garlic products...

Congrats on the baby!!! @judy4all

Thanks boo...

Fhrizzball

Are you still taking your prenatal pills as that helps to slow it down some with some women? That or try pills with a good amount of Iron. Congrats on the baby!

niaelyse

I just rode it out. The shedding stopped just as suddenly as it started (4 months postpartum).

Sorry I couldn't be more help OP, but I feel your frustration.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I came in to say that alot of women continue to take their prenatal vitamins. You may luck up and come across garlic oil (I found mine in Biglots) and yes it does smell like garlic, but it really does help with breakage/shedding. I'm not pre/post partum but I do have PCOS and it's a beast sometimes.

I'd imagine eating clean to help balance the hormones would help. Hopefully some of the mamas will chime in. :yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I forgot to mention last night that you should keep taking your prenatal. ...but the ladies have it covered.

SunySydeofLyfe

ditto, cosign, THIS!

And congratulations dear :D

Me too...prenatals and my slow release iron seemed to do the trick. I also left my hair alone for the most part. I'm not sure if doing a hard core protein treatment added anything but my shedding has decreased 4 months pp. Praying that its over. Wishing you the best and congratulations!!

Suny