fine haired relaxed/texlaxed:i need ya plz

coolsista-paris

hi. all right im natural 4b. last relaxer december 2007. bc oct 2008.

im in à love-hate relationship with my hair....
when i was relaxed i used to do more styles with my hair.maybe cause it was easier to handle thé hair...

natural i love thé volume. but as à fine haired its so hard to retain...its more fragile etc...always i. protective styles which are annoying and boring me now.

ive been thinking of texlaxing or even one day relaxing again... bad side :people tell me its à VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA as my hair is fine...

so this means i gotta stay stuck with my hair natural?

my hair does better straight or stretched... so i dont really wear à fro like i loved to at first..

as i love big hair sometimes but for professionnal reasons i need it straight what can i do.

i tried lace front it ate.my edges. everything ps does something BAD to me....

here in paris i dont know any salons that texlax( i wonder if they even know wgat it it....).. so i really need some proof that you ladies have beautiful chemical treated hair THAT IS FINE HAIR.

merci beaucoup :)

Last edited:

Evolving78

have you tried asking for a texturizer? texlax is an online term. how is your curl pattern? is it coily/curly, or is wavy? that would make a big difference in your outcome.

coolsista-paris

have you tried asking for a texturizer? texlax is an online term. how is your curl pattern? is it coily/curly, or is wavy? that would make a big difference in your outcome.

i need to find that word in french. im telling you its not so common here... i think if i explain.thé process they'll get it.
its just adding oil or condit and leaving it on less time.right?

id say my hair is coily. i dont have too much shrinkage and i have fine hair.

Angel of the North

coolsista-paris I have fine hair too, the pic in my avatar is my hair texlaxed, the pic in my sig is my hair relaxed straight, there is an obvious difference in the density. I bounce back and forth between natural and relaxed. I think shortdub78 has given you a good advice, another alternative is you could try to DIY it if you felt comfortable enough, there are plenty of threads on self-texlaxing/relaxing.

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris I have fine hair too, the pic in my avatar is my hair texlaxed, the pic in my sig is my hair relaxed straight, there is an obvious difference in the density. I bounce back and forth between natural and relaxed. I think shortdub78 has given you a good advice, another alternative is you could try to DIY it if you felt comfortable enough, there are plenty of threads on self-texlaxing/relaxing.

if i dont find à salon ill end up doing it mysleft. i dont trust.stylists....ive always had à problem at thé salon.

Honey Bee

hi. all right im natural 4b. last relaxer december 2007. bc oct 2008.

im in à love-hate relationship with my hair....
when i was relaxed i used to do more styles with my hair.maybe cause it was easier to handle thé hair...

natural i love thé volume. but as à fine haired its so hard to retain...its more fragile etc...always i. protective styles which are annoying and boring me now.

ive been thinking of texlaxing or even one day relaxing again... bad side :people tell me its à VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA as my hair is fine...

so this means i gotta stay stuck with my hair natural?

my hair does better straight or stretched... so i dont really wear à fro like i loved to at first..

as i love big hair sometimes but for professionnal reasons i need it straight what can i do.

i tried lace front it ate.my edges. everything ps does something BAD to me....

here in paris i dont know any salons that texlax( i wonder if they even know wgat it it....).. so i really need some proof that you ladies have beautiful chemical treated hair THAT IS FINE HAIR.

merci volume:)

Hey coolsista-paris! I didn't get your tag because I have a space in my name. My hair is 4a/b, mostly 4b I think, so I don't get wash and go ringlets. I get hair that looks straight-ish/ kinky. When I wash and air dry loose, it looks like I'm a natural who blow-dried. It gets straighter the dirtier it gets.

And I swear, I will post some pics! :lol: I'm just being extremely hair lazy. I don't like to play in it too much in the winter and I've been so busy, I haven't had time to straighten it or even style it decently, tbh. :look: I need to dust my ends but I really don't feel like straightening. Like, really.:nono:

coolsista-paris

Hey coolsista-paris! I didn't get your tag because I have a space in my name. My hair is 4a/b, mostly 4b I think, so I don't get wash and go ringlets. I get hair that looks straight-ish/ kinky. When I wash and air dry loose, it looks like I'm a natural who blow-dried. It gets straighter the dirtier it gets.

And I swear, I will post some pics! :lol: I'm just being extremely hair lazy. I don't like to play in it too much in the winter and I've been so busy, I haven't had time to straighten it or even style it decently, tbh. :look: I need to dust my ends but I really don't feel like straightening. Like, really.:nono:

hi. im not sûre its à good idea for fine hair to texlax . i bet ill endroit up doing it if i everything hit wl....lol i am usually à lazy person with my hair !
id love to see your pics though :)

Evolving78

coolsista-paris

these are the only pics i have of me having texlaxed hair. my hair would have been even curly, if i left the relaxer on for less time. at the time, i didn't know to add oils or conditioner to my mix and i thought i had to smooth. these pics was taken back in 2009. so you can texlax if you want too. back in the mid 90's i texturized my hair. i left it on for a very short period of time and it came out nice. my hair was very short though. it was the first time i ever had a fade. (haircut went wrong)

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris

these are the only pics i have of me having texlaxed hair. my hair would have been even curly, if i left the relaxer on for less time. at the time, i didn't know to add oils or conditioner to my mix and i thought i had to smooth. these pics was taken back in 2009. so you can texlax if you want too. back in the mid 90's i texturized my hair. i left it on for a very short period of time and it came out nice. my hair was very short though. it was the first time i ever had a fade. (haircut went wrong)

it looks nice. im à chicken though

EnExitStageLeft

I have fine strands and my hair tangles quite a bit. Nonetheless I have been BSl twice and have been able to retain my length pretty nicely. I recently cut to right below Apl but I think that I will be BSl again by April. I think you would do well with a relaxer since you prefer straight,hair. I think its just a matter of preference.

coolsista-paris

I have fine strands and my hair tangles quite a bit. Nonetheless I have been BSl twice and have been able to retain my length pretty nicely. I recently cut to right below Apl but I think that I will be BSl again by April. I think you would do well with a relaxer since you prefer straight,hair. I think its just a matter of preference.

this is motivating. the reason why i take so long to decide is because of what people keep telling me. (im scared to regret texlaxing ). they say :
-with fine hair dont even think of having long hair
-youre ashamed of your hair (pro naturals).
-i thought you would never relax again.why are you thinking if it)
-you're too weak. u wanna look like à yt person . etc
-your hair will fall out.its fine hair
etc....
annoying

bydebra

this is motivating. the reason why i take so long to decide is because of what people keep telling me. (im scared to regret texlaxing ). they say :
-with fine hair dont even think of having long hair
-youre ashamed of your hair (pro naturals).
-i thought you would never relax again.why are you thinking if it)
-you're too weak. u wanna look like à yt person . etc
-your hair will fall out.its fine hair
etc....
annoying

I would ignore people's negativity. They will have something to say whether your hair is relaxed or natural. Most women go through a lot of different phases when it comes to beauty. Women in my family have been natural, fro'd out, had press 'n curls, then relaxed, and many are now back to natural...

I have fine (relaxed) hair and it can be difficult to retain with fine hair whether you are relaxed or natural. You may still have to wear protective styles to retain length, but you can also do rollersets, etc. and easily wear your hair straight with a relaxer without having to use a lot of heat.

I hated texlaxed hair. It was tangle city for me, even though it looked pretty and I was able to wear wash 'n gos.

coolsista-paris

I would ignore people's negativity. They will have something to say whether your hair is relaxed or natural. Most women go through a lot of different phases when it comes to beauty. Women in my family have been natural, fro'd out, had press 'n curls, then relaxed, and many are now back to natural...

I have fine (relaxed) hair and it can be difficult to retain with fine hair whether you are relaxed or natural. You may still have to wear protective styles to retain length, but you can also do rollersets, etc. and easily wear your hair straight with a relaxer without having to use a lot of heat.

I hated texlaxed hair. It was tangle city for me, even though it looked pretty and I was able to wear wash 'n gos.

yeah i need to ignore them.....

my fine hair is easy to detangle with conditionner on damp hair.

im.gonna try.rollersetting. thats gonna be hard!