Fine hair natural lades..

bunnie82

Is there anything that I can do to thicken up my strands? It's okay when it's in it's curly state, but when I blowdry or flat iron by hair is so fine...:nono:

I've tried henna before but didn't stick with it long enough to reap the benefits....That stuff is wayyyy to messy....
I just want my hair to be thicker.....anything I can do???? What worked for you?

thank youuuu!:drunk:

Fhrizzball

I hear rinses and glosses help thicken up hair. I haven't tried any so I'm not sure how truthful that is.

BraunSugar

I've never tried henna. I've wanted too but it just seems a little too messy for my taste. I always try to leave a little texture in my hair when I blow dry or straighten so that it gives it the illusion of more fullness. Some people prefer a sleek, bone straight look though when they straighten. I have accepted that I can't have that and have my hair look full at the same time.

Hopefully more people will chime in!

constance

I haven't found anything that will thicken my strands. I compensate for the fineness by using lower temps to straighten.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Nothing but I've heard henna helps. I just can't be bothered. It seems too complicated and I get a headache reading all the threads about how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bunnie82

Thanks ladies....
maybe I will try neutral henna (cassia obovata) bc that regular henna is GAH-ROSS!!! it makes my shower look like a muddy murder scene....:borgsmile

manter26

Thanks ladies....
maybe I will try neutral henna (cassia obovata) bc that regular henna is GAH-ROSS!!! it makes my shower look like a muddy murder scene....:borgsmile

Cassia is still a powder. It just looks greenish, rather than reddish brown as a paste.

MzSwift

I just add the powders (henna, brahmi and other powders) to my condish and use them that way. MT also helped to thicken my hair.

Here's my plug for the powders:

Jan 2010 - when I first started using the powders

June 2010- after about 5 months of using them

November 2010 - after about 10 months of using them

I only mix them about once per month or 1.5 months and then use my cleanser and conditioner as I normally would (weekly wash, rinse out condish and for cowashing whenever I feel like it).

genesislocks

For me cassia doesn't thicken my hair as much as henna, it just aids in loosening my curl pattern and makes my hair super soft. For thickness, I use castor oil (at the roots), and a blend of safflower oil and panthenol (for the length).

gn1g

chlorelle is a supplement that is excellent at thickening hair. you should see results in 7 days.

MzSwift

@MzSwift do you leave your Megatek on of rinse it out?

I gotta go get me some ayurveda powders now....

bunnie82

I leave it in.
I use it when I cornrow and wig and I water rinse daily. I dunno if that washes it out but I remember reading about ladies getting the best results by applying it to their scalp after a cowash. I apply the MT daily though.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Protein conditioners have helped me, but I don't believe my strands themselves are thicker; the strands are more resilient.

wednesday

I have the same problem. Haven't found anything that helps thicken my strands yet. My hair hates henna.

MzSwift

Henna is the popular ayurveda powder but it isn't the only one.

I've begun to phase it out of my regi. I prefer Brahmi and Bhringaraj for conditioning/thickening/growth. I never wanted the red tint and both of those promote darker hair.

Coupled with using Shikakai to cleanse and Hibiscus for moisture, I think these powders have been more beneficial than using henna.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Nothing but I've heard henna helps. I just can't be bothered. It seems too complicated and I get a headache reading all the threads about how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Pokahontas
It's really very easy' albeit time-consuming. I've gotten to the point that I don't leave not one "splat" on any surface.

I lay down in a bathtub of water to rinse my henna and indigo out and it works like a charm (you have to clean the tub out though).

Simply_elle

I love henna! I have very coarse fine strands, that look very wimpy stretched out. I also love the aphogee green tea leave in it gives my wash and goes "texture" and body. HTH, good luck!

Sent from my Exxotical iPhone using LHCF

AtlantaJJ

MzSwift said:
Henna is the popular ayurveda powder but it isn't the only one.

I've begun to phase it out of my regi. I prefer Brahmi and Bhringaraj for conditioning/thickening/growth. I never wanted the red tint and both of those promote darker hair.

Coupled with using Shikakai to cleanse and Hibiscus for moisture, I think these powders have been more beneficial than using henna.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have packs of Brahmi and Bhriingaraj that I'm trying to figure out how to use. How are you using those powders? I just started using Hibiscus powder in my henna batches. I do the henna to cover the gray, but I want to incorporate the "B" powders. I have tried Amla powder, it makes my hair coil up which is nice.

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

AtlantaJJ

january noir said:
Pokahontas
It's really very easy' albeit time-consuming. I've gotten to the point that I don't leave not one "splat" on any surface.

I lay down in a bathtub of water to rinse my henna and indigo out and it works like a charm (you have to clean the tub out though).

I dunk my head in my kitchen sink full of water a couple of times. The henna doesn't leave such a mess when I rinse and dunk in sink. I have to stand on a foot stool to get my head all the way down into the sink. :crazy:

AtlantaJJ

Way back in the day, when I was getting natural hair straightened and when I was relaxed, I would get the Sebastian Cellophane's which appeared to thicken my hair and give it weight. I'm often tempted to try it again, but I think all the moisture based conditioners that I use would make the color bleed and wash out very fast.

MzSwift

I'm glad you brought this up. I have packs of Brahmi and Bhriingaraj that I'm trying to figure out how to use. How are you using those powders? I just started using Hibiscus powder in my henna batches. I do the henna to cover the gray, but I want to incorporate the "B" powders. I have tried Amla powder, it makes my hair coil up which is nice.

I used to do pastes but now I just primarily add them both to my coneless condish.

I put 1-2 TBSP of the powders in to an empty bottle. Then I fill it about 1/3 w/hot water and shake. I fill the rest w/my condish and few squirts of oil and shake to mix it well.

That's all I do about once a month, and then I use it in the shower to cowash or as a rinse out following my weekly cleanser. Every now and then I'll leave it in.

I've heard of ladies making a tea of them and using the tea in their daily spritz. I'm thinking of trying that for the winter.
HTH! :)

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I dunk my head in my kitchen sink full of water a couple of times. The henna doesn't leave such a mess when I rinse and dunk in sink. I have to stand on a foot stool to get my head all the way down into the sink. :crazy:

AtlantaJJ
Try the bathtub method. Trust. I read about it on a henna site once and I've been doing it ever since. It works great. :up:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
castor oil is pretty good at thickening.

I second/third/fourth henna.

Tea rinses also help because they slow down the shedding process.

dyh080

I don't know if this actually thickened my hair but it sure feels much, much thicker....regular dusting on a schedule a la Nonie.

My hair feels so thick I can barely contain it whereas before it was so limp and wispy. Also, this summer, I experienced much less shrinkage due to humidity.

cbanks67

I agree oils like Castor oil and powders like henna and others help. Also, taking a break from wearing your hair down for a while and finger detangling is huge if you have weak fine strands.