Any Leave-In Conditioner's Similar to Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner

virtuenow

I'm looking to replace my Shea Moisture Leave-in Conditioner. It has a thick consistency that I like and seems to moisten my hair. However, I am having allergic skin reaction to this product. I would like mostly natural ingredients, and if it can be bought at a local store, that is a plus. Do you ladies have any suggestions?

Nice & Wavy

I'm looking to replace my Shea Moisture Leave-in Conditioner. It has a thick consistency that I like and seems to moisten my hair. However, I am having allergic skin reaction to this product. I would like mostly natural ingredients, and if it can be bought at a local store, that is a plus. Do you ladies have any suggestions?
You know what I've been using lately and it has really been good on my hair: Giovanni Leave in followed by Advocado Oil. That's it and its been great!

virtuenow

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I've tried Giovanni Direct Leave-in and it just sat on my hair. Have any more suggestions, ladies??!

APrayer4Hair

Giovanni direct did the same for my hair. I recently fell in love with Paul Mitchell the conditioner but it's not thick/creamy.

Lol that probably wasn't helpful :ohwell:

lamaria211

Giovanni's great
I also like SE MEGASILK moisturizing leave in cream and Kerastase Oleo Relax Slim leave in cream

ronie

Do you know which ingredient in the product you are specifically allergic to? Cause the next suggestion might just happen to have the same. As for the suggestion, I really like as I am moisturizing leave inconditioner. It's available at Sally's, and has mostly natural ingredients. Good luck, and hope you find something that works soon.

virtuenow

Do you know which ingredient in the product you are specifically allergic to? Cause the next suggestion might just happen to have the same. As for the suggestion, I really like as I am moisturizing leave inconditioner. It's available at Sally's, and has mostly natural ingredients. Good luck, and hope you find something that works soon.

Good question. I'm going to check the ingredients to see if I can single it out. I have a leave in, Komaza Care Califia Leave In-- and it works- it's just on the runny/watery side. I'd like to alternate w/something thicker (or to put on top of the Califia sometimes. Thanks, I will check out your suggestion and the others mentioned here.

virtuenow

I don't see anything in the ingredients that would cause an allergic reaction...But its giving me similar bumps like thick sunblocks. I believe this product has an expiration date. Could this be it?

BrownSkin2

I like Nature's Gate aloe vera conditioner. I didn't like it as a conditioner but I liked it as a moisturizer or leave-in. It's thick, creamy, has natural ingredients and provides good moisture.

MilkChocolateOne

I don't see anything in the ingredients that would cause an allergic reaction...But its giving me similar bumps like thick sunblocks. I believe this product has an expiration date. Could this be it?

It could be the fragrance. Shea moisture products are heavily scented. I can't use anything in the new Shea Butter line, especially the shampoo. It makes my scalp itch.

virtuenow

It could be the fragrance. Shea moisture products are heavily scented. I can't use anything in the new Shea Butter line, especially the shampoo. It makes my scalp itch.

Yes, yes, right about now- the only thing I use from their line is the shampoo. I returned everything else. But even though the leave-in irritated my skin, I continued to use. I thought I could get it on my hair only-- but its not working.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I am also a Restorative Conditioner user. Sorry it's turned bad for you! It could def be the fragrance.

Have you tried the AO conditioners as leave-ins? I stopped using LIs because they always always had me dried out. It defeated the purpose! Then I tried the AO Blue Camomile one day. It's really thick, natural (ish) and, man, does it moisturize all day! You could thin out too...

EnExitStageLeft

Hey Girl :bighug:

I seen in a previous thread that you loved Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner, maybe you can try one of their Moisturizing conditioner as a Leave In:grin:. Another good option is Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner.

HTH:drunk: