Adam Is Sleeping

sweetvi

I love her and the hubby's sermons!

You can find more on. Www.thegonow.com

She is one of the most influential vessel that God used to bring me to him.... Thank Jesus for her obedience

loolalooh

OT: It amazes me how God works to put ONE message in multiple hearts shared through multiple avenues to touch multiple people. From ONE message shared by Shimmie (here), sidney, and Heather (by way of Janice) funneled through the CF then funneled to me (who needs it) and I then funnel it to my sister (who also needs it) and who might funnel it to another. And imagine who else on this board is doing the funneling after seeing what Shimmie, sidney, Heather, and Janice have shared. I love it. And this isn't the first time I've seen this happen in CF, but it still amazes me every time. :)

P.S. Thank you for sharing, sidney.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

Thank you. I also just read Heather Lindsey's blog post which touched me deeply and reading your revelation is another confirmation. God will absolutely let a man know when his "Eve" is in his midst. When "Adam" finally wakes up, it doesn't take him long to try and claim "Eve." That's why she must be ready!

"Eve" has the awesome/huge task of developing her relationship with God and preparing to be a help-meet. Being a help-meet is NOT a light duty job, especially if she wants to continue working outside the home.

I was in my sowing phase for a long time but now I believe I am being pruned. I have been spending a lot of time with God and he is leading me to read/ponder/study about being a wife and mother and running a home. These skills don't just come naturally--they must be learned. This post is further confirmation that I'm on the right path. :yep:

auparavant

I'm going to whole-heartedly disagree with this entire post. Why? G-d has given his commandment to the entire planet, "Be fruitful and multiply." Love and marriage/partnership is a desire of man and woman that G-d placed there. He's also given us common sense. If christian women in the U.S. are praying and waiting for their Boaz, please know that, in the middle-east, women are having their families find them a suitable partner. It's cultural. So, if someone in the U.S. is not waiting for a miracle of a Boaz and is actively pursuing getting out there and meeting a suitable partner, it is not sin nor a waste of time.

I do not think that Shimmie's message was "sit back and do nothing...he's going to come performing cartwheels for your attention." It depends. There have been many successful marriages that began as acquaintances, friends, colleagues, etc. What I believed Shimmie to be saying was that we should not waste our time "chasing" a man that is not interested in us. That could likewise happen when you've been dating for years. Ex., you're talking "marriage" and he is steadily changing the subject. The good one that is going to partner successfully with you will make it very clear that he intends to be your life's mate. In other words, don't try and force it. In my humble opinion, there isn't anything wrong with saying, "I want a mate" and telling your friends, family, priest, etc. that you are available for marriage and would like their blessing and assistance in the matter. There's nothing wrong with meeting folks with intended purpose to find the one that complements your life. When it happens, you will definitely know it is the right choice. But sitting around and waiting for chicken flying in from heaven when you could just go to KFC is well, silly.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
If you are single; spend your time with God. And really mean it! He knows our hearts, he tests hearts. Spending time with him should not be a temporizing measure until Adam comes. Probing Adam is a waste of time simply because...Adam is sleeping. And he won't wake up and recognize you until the proper time. But that's great: because you have this amazing opportunity to grow and know God...not just to prepare you to be a wife; but to prepare you to be the Bride of Christ. When we spend time with him, we are reflect his character. We become like those we spend the most time with. And isn't this our foremost desire, to know Christ and walk with him? So...Adam is sleeping, and this blog post is really nice, and I was so glad to see this after getting this word from God.

Quoting part of her last paragraph: [/FONT]

Here is the re-post, originally posted by Janice in the other thread.
http://heatherllindsey.blogspot.com/2012/04/where-is-my-adam.html

LOVE THE BOLDED! Thanks for the reminder!