Weave questions- relaxed ladies

humility1990

To the relaxed ladies that are using weaves as protective styles I just have a few questions that I'd appreciate a response for.
Which AVs do you recommend?
Which braid patterns are you utilising- horizontal, vertical, beehive?
Do you prefer a full weave, a weave with leaveout or one finished with a silk or lace closure?
How often do you wash your weave?
Which products are your staples for preventing tangles?
Do you use a seam ripper, razor, scissors to remove your weave?
How long do you wear your weave?
Have you used aliexpress to purchase hair?

humility1990

I have purchase hair from sensationnel goddess remi, milkyway saga gold and outre.
Usually use a vertical braiding pattern
I prefer to have a weave with leaveout.
I wash my hair once a week.
I use a deep conditioner from the kerastase line
I use a seam ripper to remove the weave
I wear a weave between 6 and 12 weeks
I have never used aliexpress to purchase hair

irisak

I buy weave from a cv (chinese vendor. Purchased from aliexpress once but hated the hair. I prefer a lace closure and usually wear my weaves 4-6 weeks. I don't worry about braid pattern because I use a net and just make sure to braid flat. I wash my weave at least once a week if straight hair and more often if curly. I have a seam ripper and when I remember I remove with that :lachen:. Otherwise I just use scissors.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

AvaBhair

Hi Ladies,
My braid pattern for a sew in weave is the beehive, however I am in search of a braid pattern that lays the weave flat.
I have leave out in the middle and around my heads perimeter. To me helps minimize the loss of my edges.
I ONLY co-wash my hair once a week with Herbal Essence Tousle me Softly con & mousse.
I go to the stylist who installed my sew in.
I leave my sew in from 3-4 weeks at a time
I purchase my hair from a bulk company located in my city. I am able to mix my hair with European straight, Kinky and Spanish wavy. This allows it to look more natural.

Monaleezza

humility1990 said:
To the relaxed ladies that are using weaves as protective styles I just have a few questions that I'd appreciate a response for.
Which AVs do you recommend?
Which braid patterns are you utilising- horizontal, vertical, beehive?
Do you prefer a full weave, a weave with leaveout or one finished with a silk or lace closure?
How often do you wash your weave?
Which products are your staples for preventing tangles?
Do you use a seam ripper, razor, scissors to remove your weave?
How long do you wear your weave?
Have you used aliexpress to purchase hair?

AVs??

My plaits are beehive with mesh over it to contain regrowth. This can make it harder to get to your scalp/root but you don't want to see your regrowth/scalp either under a weave so it's my preference.

I go for a full weave. It means I don't need to part relax or cut or colour my hair to accommodate a style or to blend.

I don't wash my weave often. Maybe once or twice a month, because I tend not to put product in it. But I do insert moisture & oils through the gaps & onto my own hair.

I don't have a specific detangling product. But I have a take-out regime; comb through, blow dry, add protein, wash, treat with moisture.

I use scissors to kickstart the removal of my thread. But a lot of the job is done with my fingers. Prevention is better than cure! Lol

I have an amazing weavologist! She sews my weave so it stays so I've managed to keep mine in for 3months at a time with amazing hair growth/retention each time.

I'm uk based, never heard of aliexpress. Do they come recommended?

Hope I've been helpful. It's just what works for me but I'm always eager to learn more.

humility1990

Monaleezza Sorry I'm sooooo late with the response, I need to learn to subscribe to threads I start. AV- american vendors. Aliexpress has some good and bad vendors.

Tips for aliexpress

Try and find a vendor that has reviews, but not too many as too many reviews equals bandwagon and inconsistent quality.

Look for repeat orders from verified buyers, this gives you some indication of the hair quality, these buyers resell the hair at a markup.

Check their alibaba site to see how long they have been in business, also google their name too see if they are associated with any scams.

Contact the vendor, tell them exactly what you want. You must sound knowledgeable, if you don't they may sell you anything.

For example, if you want hair with the texture of flat ironed relaxed hair and you have coarse strands, you would request chinese virgin remi hair processed to a light yaki texture. Also tell them that you know there is no such thing as 'brazilian hair', but you will buy their 'brazilian hair' if it is their chinese virgin hair of superior quality.

If it's a new vendor that is unestablished, USE PAYPAL!