Can/Should I relax today????

RODI

Yesterday I deep conditioned with Motions CPR(hard protein) followed by Miss Keys 10 in 1(moisture), shampooed and conditioned my hair.
This was done with the intention of installing braids in my hair later that day. I wanted to stretch till july.
I've since decided to relax my hair today instead. I'm 14 weeks post.
Usually I will wait 3 days or so before relaxing after washing my hair but being 14 weeks post and a "early morning" gym goer, my new growth will be a hot mess for work.

Also, when relaxing my hair I usually let aphoghee 2min mild protein dry in my hair before relaxing, would that be protein overload if i did it today seeing that I used the CPR yesterday. I just don't feel good relaxing my naked hair. It has to be coated with something, preferably protein.

Please advise.

achangedlife

Hey Ladi, my main concern for you would be scalp burn. I'm not sure if your relaxer burns or not but I would take that into consideration. I've relaxed the day after a wash a couple of times with no burn, don't remember which relaxer I used though, it must've been a no lye. If your scalp does begin to burn and you can't let the relaxer process the way you want it to you may end up with under processed hair and we know that leads to breakage. As far as the protein I would feel funny not putting anything on my bare shafts as well. Just make sure you use a really good moisturizing shampoo afterwards.

melisandre

If you just washed your hair yesterday, then you should wait a couple more days before you relax it. You don't want to get any chemical burns! :nono2: You can try to wear a headband for a couple of days to hide your new growth.

I don't know about applying protein before a relaxer. I'm sure someone else can chime in. :yep:

RODI

Thanks for your advise ladies. My sister relaxes my hair and she don't let the relaxer(lye) touch my scalp until she have applied to my entire head. the relaxer touches my scalp after during the smoothing part.

WaistLengthDreams

I personally wouldn't relax today, but if you are going to then definitely grease your scalp thoroughly.
Because you washed yesterday your scalp hasn't had a chance to replenish itself with its natural oils, so grease your entire scalp before relaxing. Otherwise you may experience burning quicker than normal. I hope this helps.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Yesterday I deep conditioned with Motions CPR(hard protein) followed by Miss Keys 10 in 1(moisture), shampooed and conditioned my hair.
This was done with the intention of installing braids in my hair later that day. I wanted to stretch till july.
I've since decided to relax my hair today instead. I'm 14 weeks post.
Usually I will wait 3 days or so before relaxing after washing my hair but being 14 weeks post and a "early morning" gym goer, my new growth will be a hot mess for work.

Also, when relaxing my hair I usually let aphoghee 2min mild protein dry in my hair before relaxing, would that be protein overload if i did it today seeing that I used the CPR yesterday. I just don't feel good relaxing my naked hair. It has to be coated with something, preferably protein.

Please advise.

I would say no. You just washed your hair. Your Scalp is going to burn girl!

MissTripleChoc

I'd leave it a couple of days to allow your scalp to calm down from the washing, you don't want to damage the scalp which is the key to healthy hair growth