What is your Protein treatment of choice?

MsLizziA

I have tried MegaTek, Aphogee, and my own concoction of egg and conditioner.

I liked them all but megatek was the best this far.

What protein treatments are you ladies using? I am well aware that i need to up my protein treatments

brg240

i use mayo, i've tried a couple things and made some concoctions but straight mayo works best for me.

toinette

Tricking the president
I use Joice K-Pak conditioner but its more cause i just have it on hand. I dont love it or anything, but since i'm natural i figure i probably dont need as much protein as i did when i was relaxed

brg240, i mighty have to go the mayo route as well. I used to do it back in my teens as a natural and my hair was always so soft afterwards. But that mayo smell :barf:

southerncitygirl

MsLizziA

komaza care protein strengthner ( a more natural version of aphogee, but not vegan)

i need to order some soon, keep forgetting. aubrey gbp and mill creek keratin are a great if you don't want a hardcore protein treatment.

leona2025

My hair loves protein. My staple is Duo Tex. It's a liquid and like Aphogee 2 step treatment except it doesn't smell bad or make your hair hard. I spray it on directly and sometimes I mix it in with a conditioner. I like Aphogee 2 minute as a a light protein. I all use Nutress Protein packs.

MzRhonda

:lol: All I really use is WEN can't remember if I do any protein when I relax.

I have Aussie 3 minute miracle and Garnier Fructis 3 minute undo don't know if they are protein treatments though.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
aphogee I heard the molecules from egg were too big to penetrate but don't know if it is true. I'm about bald so im about to go amber rose :(

Petit Amie

Joico K-Pak(I use the $5 generic brand at Sally's)
Aphogee
Redken Anti-snap

I tried Nexxus Emergencee for the 2nd time this week and I don't really care for it. It's not bad but there are better things out there for less money.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I wasn't tagged:sad:..:grin: .....In my rotation I use Aubrey GPB. Aubrey Island Naturals and Millcreek Biotin and Millcreek Keratin:yep: I enjoy them all:yep:

faithVA

I'm actually moving away from protein. I was using AO GPB which is a very mild protein weekly. And my hair is sooo brittle. So I can going to cut back to 1x a month and switch back to moisturizing DCs the other weeks. Then re-evaluate.

I tried Aphogee 2 min 1x and my hair felt great but it began shedding even worse than before. I haven't figured out my moisture/protein balance out yet. :nono:

Nonie

I don't do pure proteins but reconstructors and these are my staples:

• Nexxus Emergencée
  • Aubrey's GPB

isioma85

Aphogee all the way :clap:

For regular use I do the Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer, and every 6 weeks I do the 2 Step Protein Treatment.

ladylibra_30

Dudley's DRC-28
Nexxus Keraphixx (sometimes I mix in botanoil & Emergencee)
Giovanni Direct Nutrifix Hair Reconstructor
Giovanni Direct Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion
Elasta QP Breakage Serum
Mizani Fulfyl - Moisture/Protein balance

and a few others but I can't think of the names right now....

MissAlinaRose

Never had one. I bought Aphogee Two-step a week ago thinking I would need it because I straightened, but my hair sprang back nicely. Zero damage. Now I gotta give this crap away.

southerncitygirl

MsLizziA

komaza care would be a hardcore treatment (you use a dryer to let it harden). mill creek keratin is pretty heavy duty as well most people i know don't use mill creek at every wash. here's the ingredients for komaza:

komaza protein strengthener:

hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed silk protein, hydrolyzed collagen, jojoba protein, wheat protein, Soy quat protein.

ladylibra_30

Just remembered one...

AOGPB - I used this once when I was 100% relaxed then moved the bottles to the back of the cabinet b/c I didn't like that coated feeling on my hair.
I'm transitioning now so I'll revisit it and see how my curls respond.

Julessy

MsLizziA

The hardcore protein treatment I use is ApHogee.

My light protein treatment is ORS Hair Mayonnaise. That stuff is the bomb!

MsLizziA

MsLizziA

komaza care would be a hardcore treatment (you use a dryer to let it harden). mill creek keratin is pretty heavy duty as well most people i know don't use mill creek at every wash. here's the ingredients for komaza:

komaza protein strengthener:

hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed silk protein, hydrolyzed collagen, jojoba protein, wheat protein, Soy quat protein.

Damn thats alot of protein southerncitygirl :yep:~runs to google~

MystiqueBabe

I use Aphogee 2 min for a quick protein. ORS Hair Mayo also works for me. I want to try several other protein treatments.

My hair likes protein,no breakage to speak of so far. I used to also do the pure egg treatment but it is sort of messy but it worked for me also.