Results of Tension Blow Dry in 4B/C Hair (pics and video)

JudithO

Attachments

• IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    407.5 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 493

Ronnieaj

This looks really good :yep:! I know that you've had a struggle with your hair (cuz you're shrinkage is like WHOA), so I'm glad you see you finding things that seem to be working.

JudithO

This looks really good :yep:! I know that you've had a struggle with your hair (cuz you're shrinkage is like WHOA), so I'm glad you see you finding things that seem to be working.

I know... Something had to happen cos the lord knows I was losing hope for me and my hair... lol

bride91501

It looks great! And you got your ends straight too..really good job!

What steps did you take before the blow dry?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Awesome! I love your hair and your accent!!!! Girl your shrinkage is INSANE. I've gone back to using the comb attachment with the tension method. Because of my carpal tunnel, it hurts to grip my hair for so long. It's working ok so far, but my crown is showing out right now. :nono:

JudithO

It looks great! And you got your ends straight too..really good job!

What steps did you take before the blow dry?

Thanks.. i washed and conditionened my hair with a moisture poo and condish...
Then i tried to incorporate the chicoro prepoo in my dc cos i was lazy to do different steps.. so i sprayed avj on my semi dry hair, followed by a castor oil mix, followed by cocnut oil, and lastly my protein dc. The hair had some good slip so i detangled and braided up... i sat in the dc for 2 hrs... and then cowashed it without taking out braids... it was still a lil greasy but i was fine with that... i waited till it felt dry to my touch then i blowdried.

I tried to use a serum.. but it felt really bad on my hair so i justt blowdried without anything.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Thanks! I feel confident in trying this method again. You made look so simple! Beautiful hair!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

almond eyes

Great to know this worked for you. I can never do a good straight blow dry on myself so I have to go to a hairdresser. My mother who professes to be the queen of hot appliances on natural hair and 4a 4b hair warned me that if I did it on my own that it was very important to get the roots to tips straight or it would cause dryness and breakage. I could never get it straight because my hands get tired fast and then I would compensate by using more heat and only get some parts straight. When my mother would tell me that my hair didn't come out straight I would argue that my hair didn't respond well to heat or that my hair texture was coarser than hers. Now I realise I was wrong, I was not using the tension method and my hair wasn't getting straight and would snap off a lot after combing because the hair textures were not uniform.. Best, Almond Eyes

bride91501

Well, it seems like a lot of extra steps to me, but if it worked for you I can't knock it :)

Thanks.. i washed and conditionened my hair with a moisture poo and condish...
Then i tried to incorporate the chicoro prepoo in my dc cos i was lazy to do different steps.. so i sprayed avj on my semi dry hair, followed by a castor oil mix, followed by cocnut oil, and lastly my protein dc. The hair had some good slip so i detangled and braided up... i sat in the dc for 2 hrs... and then cowashed it without taking out braids... it was still a lil greasy but i was fine with that... i waited till it felt dry to my touch then i blowdried.

I tried to use a serum.. but it felt really bad on my hair so i justt blowdried without anything.

faithVA

[USER=298908 said:
judy4all[/USER];15295935]I really like the results... Thanks to all those who encouraged me to blow dry without the comb attachment.

I did it on video too... here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZtrghrDurg

Thanks judy4all. That was very helpful. I was never big on blowdrying even when I was relaxed. And I couldn't imagine blow drying my hair now. But after watching your video I may actually give it a try when I reach APL.

It was easy to follow and to understand. And it seems like something I can actually do. And it helps that your hair looks like mine :yep:

Your ends look fabulous by the way.

Would love to see the braids when you finish getting them done.

JudithO

Well, it seems like a lot of extra steps to me, but if it worked for you I can't knock it :)

Lol... its really not... its really wash, condition, dc for 2 hrs and blowdry.

Looks much cos i tried to do a fancy dc, but any good dc will work.

JudithO

faithVA I just did the braids today... see attached pictures.. I can't wait to even out the mullet :)

Attachments

• IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    365.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG