Question for those that use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner

outspokenwallflower

I do because I have so many and I like to cocktail 'em in my wash routine. However, this DC doesn't need to be followed up with one.

Coincedentally, I hadn't touched this DC in awhile (only because I have TOO many) and I decided to reach for it last Thursday. My hair was feeling a bit matted from my shampoo and the minute this DC touched my hair, it completely melted. I could actually run my fingers through my hair which minutes before had been impossible. I was in utter shock and wondering why the hell I hadn't reached for it in so long!!!

xu93texas

I actually apply my deep conditioner first (Keracare Humecto) for 20 mins. then add AE conditioner on top of that for an additional 15-20 mins with or without heat. I really like this combo and so does my hair. :lick: I can't wait to get back to it. Right now I'm wearing kinky twists and I thought this would be a great opportunity to use up some other conditioners in my stash.

Minty

No. I don't follow with anything. It is sufficient as a DC, detangling conditioner, & treatment.

Jetblackhair

No, I don't need another conditioner after I use AE. My hair is thoroughly moisturized and soft after using AE.

I'm wondering though if I could use a protein treatment and then AE as my DC. I wouldn't want to do too much since AE is a treatment in itself.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Can I ask where does one purchase this conditioner? And what r u ladies using as a leave-in (also where do u get it) tia

Sent from my Droid using Droid

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You don't have to Follow up AE with anything. I always use it right after Relaxing. It's a Staple and I keep it on hand (all the time).

Most of the times, I use it 2-4 wash days after Relaxing to ward off any potential shedding.

I use it under the dryer.

I will Steam with Something else most of the time tho

JJamiah

I only use it as a treatment/DC. I don't use anything additional. :) It is definitely one of my staples :yep:

Angelinhell

Can you use alter ego deep conditioner as a leave in?
My mom does, I tried it once as a leave in and it was awesome. I also used it as my mid-step conditioner after I rinsed my relaxer, there wasn't ONE hair in the comb. But due to me being a product junkie I haven't bought anymore since I ran out.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Thanks! I noticed when I DC'd with it the other day and during my detangling session, that it was drying pretty soft. But I don't know...I'm trying to use products for their intended use now, lol.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app