Hair and Body 30-Day Shake Challenge

JeterCrazed

It becomes increasingly difficult for me to take pills daily, so I've come up with this challenge to encompass all my dietary needs in one shake. In order to join the challenge, this is what you will need.
1. A blender
2. The following supplements:
3. Here's a $10 coupon for Vitacost where you can buy all these. The discount is for new customers only. Click here to register once you have everything in your cart. After the coupon, all items come to $50.86 incl Standard Shipping
(They also have the best price on Aubrey and just about everything.)

4. Smoothie Recipes and Ingredients
Here is a recipe for one serving of Blueberry Banana Smoothie:

1/2 Cup Frozen
Blueberries
1/2 Banana
1/2 Cup Skim Milk or Milk
Substitute
1 Heaping Tablespoon
All One Supplement
1/2 Teaspoon MSM
1/4 Teaspoon L-Cysteine
1 Opened Biotin
Capsule

Be sure to add dry ingredients last in the blender. Substitute Blueberries for strawberries and banana for frozen mango if you'd like. Add honey or raw sugar for sweetness. As given, the shake is about 200 calories.

The nutrition facts for the All-One Nutritech are amazing. I have not found a more complete supplement in powder form. You can also get the 5 oz for a 10-day supplement. If you'd like to join, here are the rules.

1. Post the supplements you will be adding to your shakes or smoothies or if you will follow the above.
  2. Post a start date between today and Jan 20, 2011.
  3. Post a starting pic or hair measurements.
  4. Drink up one smoothie daily for breakfast or lunch on an empty stomach for maximum absorption.
  5. Update us every week.
I will add you to the list when you ask to join. Feel free to ask questions. DRINK UP!! :grin:

Challengers:

@JeterCrazed
@HibiscusHoney

Sideliners:

@naturalTAN
JJamiah

Last edited:

naturalTAN

JeterCrazed

I wish I could join, but my funds are already acting up this year so no new purchases for me. I'll cheer from the sidelines and pop my vitamins the regular way. :lachen:.

Last edited:

naturalTAN

I'll pop a biotin and B6 & B12 every now and then, but I take this brand of gummies daily.

wednesday

@JeterCrazed

I wish I could join, but my funds are already acting up this year so no new purchases for me. I'll cheer from the sidelines and pop my vitamins the regular way. :lachen:.

Same here:grin:. I'm taking (when i remember) GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active Multi-Vit, Now MSM capsules and Now Biotin capsules. I have a whey protien powder i add to my smoothies and sometime a bit of wheat germ oil.

HibiscusHoney

I'll join! I'm using strawberries for my fruit and adding Onken Biopot Yogurt in the Blender for extra taste! As for vitamins, I'll be adding Biotin, MSM and Vit E and B.

JeterCrazed

That's the only reason I remember to take them. :lachen:

...which is why I started this challenge. :lachen: The gummies almost always have pork gelatin and even when not, they don't have nearly as much nutrition as the All One or taking 100 pills a day, which I'm never gonna do. Even for $1 million I'll prolly forget. SMH

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

sheanu

Thanks for tagging me! Unfortunately, I just started my new job (after being unemployed for a few months) so my finances won't be in order for a minute! I'll be lurking though :sekret:

sheanu

Congrats on the new gig, @sheanu!! What supplements are you taking, if any?

Thanks!!! Right now my doctor only wants me to take the Vitamin D he recommended. Based on his tests, all of my other vitamin levels are great and even my vitamin d is just a little low. I eat pretty well so it made me happy to know that my diet was fulfilling all of my needs :grin:

JeterCrazed

I made a smoothie today with strawberries, mango and oat milk. Deeeeelishisss :lick: The first time I actually like a milk substitute. Hemp milk is :barf: