From BC back to Relaxed Progress Pics

FlawedBeauty

Sooooo, as many already know I BC'd last May. I decided that it wasn't for me, not that it was too much work or anything, I just didnt like the way it looked on me as i prefer straighter hair with waves.

I'm very pleased with my progress so far and hope to get back to BSL very soon. I should be APL in about a month, the line in the pic doesnt represent my arm pit (though its close), im using a spot on my tattoo.

I was in the HYH challenge but I was excited to share my progress so I think this disqualifes me lol. I will still be hiding my hair though :yep: My pics are always usually wet pics as I don't flat iron my hair much. That being said, I'd say once dry it probably shrinks up about a half inch or so. Sorry about the huge pics, photobucket blows at resizing!! Well enough babbling lol...

Eta: when I said last May I meant 2010. Just so there is no confusion :) I kno I put the yr on the pics but sometimes it is over looked.

June '10 month after chop

July 2011

October 1st 2011

Today

Monaleezza

What have you been hiding your hair under? Your retention in 6 months is fabulous. Or has it always been that easy for you with your hair type?

FlawedBeauty

What have you been hiding your hair under? Your retention in 6 months is fabulous. Or has it always been that easy for you with your hair type?

Monaleezza

I've just been hiding my hair by keeping it clipped up and not wearing it out. retention was never easy for me until I found the board many moons ago :lol: my hair is very fine and tends to get dry very easily leading to dryness and easy breakage.

this was my hair before the forum. a broken hot mess from not knowing how to properly care for it, weaves and heat :sad:

FlawedBeauty

Great progress.. Regi??

And umm..OT....That eye on your neck. Can we talk about it? How did you decide on that?

hair4romheaven

my regi is simple. wash once or twice a week, air dry and clip up. use satin scarf at night and DC once a week. I use amla oil. i find that my hair responds better to oil than a creamy leave in or moisturizer.

as for the tattoo, i hadnt gotten one in a while so i stopped to see if my tattoo artist could fit me quick one cuz he's always super busy. he did a couple of nice pieces with a cool creepy eye in em so i said throw an eye up there real quick lol spur of the moment. love me eye lol

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Great progress!

You look apl to me....but the length police can confirm or deny that.

Your hair looks lovely :)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

FlawedBeauty

Great progress! What was your major issue when you were natural? SSKs? Styling options?

Hi! I didn't have any major issues other than natural just wasn't my cup of tea. I never really did anything with it an while I absoloutely love curly hair I just didn't love it on me. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700