Any Relaxed and Bleach ladies????

PrettyinPink001

My hair is relaxed and I have golden blonde streaks and I love it. Im beginning to learn a lot about my hair. And I realized the frontal hair are very sensitive, they snap off very easily. I prepoo with coconut oil and deep condition overnight before i go to the hairdresser and get a wash and set. I have her blow dry my roots only, ( which she doesn't listen, and i want to change her asap). For my protein treatments i use aphogee 2 mins for my deep conditioner i use Kenra. Do you guys have any suggestions? I really wanna redye my roots again some day, and i just dont want my from hair to snap off so easily. I use Redken anti snap with glycerin as a leave in or elsta qp mango butter.

kupenda

I'm a lil lost. What are you asking for? Your reggie sounds good and like it seems to work. Why change what isn't broken?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PrettyinPink001

Well cause I'm going to bleach the new growth in a couple of months, and I don't want my frontal hair to snap again. So I need some advice if any?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Space out your relaxers and bleaches. That's usually where the problem comes in, that and dryness.

Remember to relax first then bleach and not the other way around. I'd also lay off the heat. I use heat not even once per month. I rollerset my hair up (indentation) instead of down to get my roots flat.

I've had no problems with my bleached section (from ear to ear, from the front of my head to the crown) because I take really good care of it.

xcuzememiss

From my mistakes and experience. Lol.. I learned that light protein is needed in almost every wash.. That along with a really moisturizing dc.. I'd use in rotation ORS Replenishing pack or Aphogee 2min reconstructor. My DC.. Which I tried a few ended up being Keracare humecto. I wish I would have had this down pack in the begining of my highlights.. Lol. Oh well.. Also, acv rinses or porosity control is also essential!

PrettyinPink001

Space out your relaxers and bleaches. That's usually where the problem comes in, that and dryness.

Remember to relax first then bleach and not the other way around. I'd also lay off the heat. I use heat not even once per month. I rollerset my hair up (indentation) instead of down to get my roots flat.

I've had no problems with my bleached section (from ear to ear, from the front of my head to the crown) because I take really good care of it.

You roller set your hair and air dry? What does indentation mean? Do you use a lot of protective styles? Im trying to incooperate them into my regemin( PS) i just really like my hair straight and down. :ohwell:

PrettyinPink001

From my mistakes and experience. Lol.. I learned that light protein is needed in almost every wash.. That along with a really moisturizing dc.. I'd use in rotation ORS Replenishing pack or Aphogee 2min reconstructor. My DC.. Which I tried a few ended up being Keracare humecto. I wish I would have had this down pack in the begining of my highlights.. Lol. Oh well.. Also, acv rinses or porosity control is also essential!

Is acv apple cider vinegar, and what does it do? Do you do this yourself, or your hair dresser does it?

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
You roller set your hair and air dry? What does indentation mean? Do you use a lot of protective styles? Im trying to incooperate them into my regemin( PS) i just really like my hair straight and down. :ohwell:

No. I dry under my pibbs hair dryer. If you want it straight, use larger rollers and the saran wrap method. It will get it flat iron straight. Indentation is when you roll up, as in placing the roller on top of the hair and rolling it upward, instead of placing the roller under the hair and rolling down the traditional way. It creates a flip but once I wrap it it looks just like I ironed it. Your roots will be flat too.

I do not ps.

kupenda

Oh lol. Of course. I agree with the previous posters. Light protein every week. And I always put more product on the bleached areas, be it moisturizer or conditioner. I'm extra gentle with it and I use heat once a month. Also look into baggying if you're interested to keep your moisture level up. I just bleached my cousins hair this week and my own hair a month or so ago. I've always felt that the higher you go in color, the more attention your hair will need. Just my two cents :)

PrettyinPink001

No. I dry under my pibbs hair dryer. If you want it straight, use larger rollers and the saran wrap method. It will get it flat iron straight. Indentation is when you roll up, as in placing the roller on top of the hair and rolling it upward, instead of placing the roller under the hair and rolling down the traditional way. It creates a flip but once I wrap it it looks just like I ironed it. Your roots will be flat too.

I do not ps.

Thanks so much! Your pibbs dryer how much does is it usually cost? And how many watz should I use for my hair???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF