Natural 4A/B's and curl definition

TigerLily

If a person has 4b hair, no amount of anything will give curl definition. 4B does not have curls; only bends and angles. :)

jainygirl

I'm not sure about product recs but remember that if your hair is 4ab it means that even with product that some of your hair isnt going to have any kind of definition to it because of what Tigerlily posted. Half of it will be coily and then you will have straight pieces that wont define at all. Just something to keep in mind before you spend alot of money on different products. -- jainygirl

Last edited:

kenkaikim

Thanks for your responses! Healthy hair should be my number one concern anyway. I guess I got envious of some of the pictures that I saw from fellow LHCF members and wanted to know if it were possible for me to achieve a similiar effect on my hair.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

After you wash your hair you could try applying some instant conditioner such as VO5 or Suave after you have applied your leave-in conditioner (Ashas silk rose elixir leave-in conditioner or African Pride leave-in conditioner) on your wet hair, followed by your moisturizer (World of curls, myhoneychild honey hair milk) and serum (NTM or Oyins shine and define serum). After you have applied all of the products mentioned above, you let your hair airdry and you should be good to go.

Kinky curly curling custard is also another wonderful product that could help with defining your curls. I tried it yesterday for the first time and I am so inlove. I had curls galore although I have texturized hair.

Victorian

old head
I find that for the best curl definition it's important for me not to mess with my hair past a certain point after I've washed it. After applying leave-in and oil or whatever I have to resist fluffing or playing too much while it's still drying, otherwise I end up with more frizz.
Lately I've been experimenting with a smoothing fixative by Shaman Earthly Organics (made by Jason Natural Cosmetics) and it's been working well. I orginally bought it back when I was still transitioning to blowdry with but I didn't like how it made my hair feel (Looking at the ingredients now, I think it was the witch hazel...not so good for relaxed hair). I had shoved it to the back of the cabinet and just pulled it out a few days ago. It works much differently on my natural hair when airdrying. It does a nice job of keeping away frizz and making my coils feel extra springy :up: